1. May 6, 2021  

RDF negative experiences

Hi guys!

Im new to this server, played a lot of wotlk a while ago.
    As a fresh 80 lock with normal dungeon gear and some from reputations, rdf is so hard to play. My experiences so far:
    -it takes like 40-50 mins during the day to get into a dungeon (im okay with it, i understand a lot of players play dps compared to tanks/healers)
    -1st one: Tank leaves because a dps wants to do a lot of packs at once (we could easily do it)
    -2nd: healer leaves because he cannot reserve a cloth item from last boss
    -3rd: I get into a group that already killed 2 bosses out of 4. We get to the last boss where I get kicked so the mage can take the cloth if it drops. (His reason was "you do low dps" - ofc I do way less in 3k gs than you do in 4k.
    -4th: We get into the dungeon. Waiting for tank and a dps to teleport in. This doesnt happen under 40 seconds, so the healer says "im logging out, bye", and again, the group disbands. Yet im the one who has to wait another ~15 mins to queue up again, to wait 40 minute again. Then this starts again

What are your experiences so far? Is it so hard to do RDF without a premade group, or is it just me having extremely bad experiences? I've been playing for almost 15 years on every expansion, met some grumpy people but this is so demotivating for me.
    Frostmourne realm

2. May 6, 2021  
    Solution is very simple, so simple that it will blow your mind. It will grant you instant que, split the loot however you want and no one will leave or anything:
    Spoiler: Show
    FIND SOME FRIENDS WHO WANT TO DO THE SAME THINGS AND QUE WITH THEM

3. May 8, 2021  
    happens exactly the same for me, lvl 70-80 rdfs are the worst thing on this server because they wont let you get started , i cant even remember how i did to get my SP (nowadays 5.8 gs pve) to this point...im trying to reply that on other character and its impossible.

LVL 70-80 RDFS SHOULD BE NERFED! unless you get lvl 80-80 healer/tank duo with tank no warrior and healer no priest, theres no way you can complete a dungeon of this gap.

other solution is to farm, buy boes , deceive RDF finder to get on heroic even using wrong boes and do heroics only
    Edited: May 8, 2021

4. May 8, 2021  
    There is no way to complete dungeon of that gap, because everyone is in lvl 60 gear with 5 empty slots on x7 exp rates. Craft/buy some gear, find people who did the same and faceroll trough those dungeons.

5. May 8, 2021  
    LVL 70-80 RDFS SHOULD BE NERFED! unless you get lvl 80-80 healer/tank duo with tank no warrior and healer no priest, theres no way you can complete a dungeon of this gap.
    That is false...

6. May 8, 2021  
    That is false...
    Nah, he states truth. You can't complete such "hard" dungeons if only thing you used to do is spam AoE and get carried by high gear players and know nothing about tactics.
    #FACEROLL_FOR_THE_WIN!!!

7. May 11, 2021  
    Before reading this I wondered if maining a tank was the right choice.

Now I know I chose correctly.

My RDFs expereince vary, 1 in 3/4 will always be a headache with some dumbass ranger or palading giving me a headache. As well *** people just trying to rush the dungeon while I need all the emblems I can gather since I want to dual spec dps for raids. But, the rest are ok, even when I mess up and wipe.

Sorry for you bad experience. Try joining a guild or donating 10$ (if you are economically able) and getting as much gold as you can, so you can buy some nice stuff at the AH.

Best of luck.
    Edited: May 11, 2021

8. May 14, 2021  
    Want my advice? Skip norm RDF. I did a couple before throwing in the towel, going out and gold farming, and buying gear. I can't tell you if it's optimal in terms of speed. I spent a few days grinding relentlessly to be able to afford the bigger stuff like the 264 gear but by the time I was finished, I could jump straight into heroic and was able to get into the ICC dungeons shortly thereafter.

At least by gold farming and buying BoEs you're eliminating your need to rely on others. In this case, normal dungeons are largely irrelevant beyond the first run (assuming you want the achievements) so it's wise to find a way to remove it as a requirement. Plus - heroic dungeons actually bring in good gold. It rivals most passive gold farms excluding profession driven ones. The sooner you get into queueing for heroics over normal, the sooner you realize just how irrelevant norm dungeons are.

9. May 14, 2021  
    yes , strongly recommend to deceive rdf finder, just put any boe/ pvp item you get to increase GS. maybe you will get kicked by bad performing, but hey, you are still on heroic, and mostly players in heroic dont care to carry someone ( as long as you queue as dps , do not tank or heal)

10. May 14, 2021  
    yes , strongly recommend to deceive rdf finder, just put any boe/ pvp item you get to increase GS. maybe you will get kicked by bad performing, but hey, you are still on heroic, and mostly players in heroic dont care to carry someone ( as long as you queue as dps , do not tank or heal)
    This. The ah is great for providing anyone with cheap blue BoEs. They don't need to match the person's spec; anything can be used as long as the class can wear it (and the ilvl is 187 or greater).

However, whenever I try to deceive the rdf system, I have 2 gear sets - 1. the gear needed to skip rdf nm, and 2. the actual PVE equipment for the current spec. So, whenever I get into a dungeon, I switch back to the real PVE gear, in order to be able to contribute at least a bit in dungeons and not be a complete burden to the rest of the participants.
    Edited: May 14, 2021

11. May 15, 2021  
    My experiance in RDF is great because I que with 5 tank chars every day for 5 RDF-s. And I kick all the slackers, ninja pullers, ninjas, and also toxic people. I just say to everyone "kick him or I leave" and they accept the kick.

12. May 23, 2021  
    Excellent advice on gold farming.

Even after doing RDF HC Gold farming will be needed to buy boe from the AH to get over the 4.5 hurdle to 5k.
    Edited: May 23, 2021 Reason: forgot to quote

13. May 23, 2021  
    True that. Gold farming is largely independent and depending how much time you want to invest on that per day, simultaneously very lucrative (though can be boring as sin.) If you feel up to it, playing the auction house has worked well for me in the past (when I've had the focus to do so.). I mention it because I rarely see anyone out there, but there's a nice spot out in dragonblight I used to do my farming at. Decent for cloth and greens.

14. May 24, 2021  
    I think you just got legendary unlucky with the group.
    Yes it sux but hey,you gotta story to tell.
    The beginning is tough like in any mmo at max lvl you just have to suffer trough it :)).