1. May 12, 2021  

Reach 2k rating in 3s with any comp ?

Hi, me and 2 friends are starting to do 3s and I have a question.

I see a lot of people talking about all these comps, but for exemple :

I'm a Rdruid, my friends are Rogue and War.

Can we make it to 2k rating with good training, gear and skill ? Or we just gonna get facerolled by the "normal" comp without a chance to win ?

2. May 12, 2021  
    There is no normal camp for 3v3. Everything is viable if you guys click and play as a team. CC or burst the right enemy. Remember its a team effort. And as long as you guys push and improve your overall team play and communication you set your own limits.

3. May 12, 2021  
    Alright nice thx, cause I know in 2s for exemple War/Pala is 90% of the teams, but I guess 3s is a complete different game

4. May 12, 2021  
    There is no normal camp for 3v3. Everything is viable if you guys click and play as a team. CC or burst the right enemy. Remember its a team effort. And as long as you guys push and improve your overall team play and communication you set your own limits.
    this is wrong, 2k+ in 3s here means being in the top 5% of players. Keep in mind its a 10yr old game, exploited to the bone, and theres no way that resto/war/rogue are passing the 2k mark unless they spend tens of hours dodging and farming 1500 rated teams at 4am

5. May 13, 2021  
    I dont know, i've heard it all so far and i'm just talking from personal experience. Everything is possible with some dedication. I've heard people say how getting to 1800 is like park walk and never managed to go above 1000, i've seen people ranting about how grindy is raiting in general and those people have been getting to the 2k mark. Like I said as long as each game improves overall team play, communication and skill the limits are what they are limiting themselves to.

Maybe they won't become top 1 team, but he didn't really asked about being a top dog team, he asked about reaching a certain point with a certain combo and i believe it to be possible.

6. May 13, 2021  
    If we were talking about SoloQ instead of arranged 3v3 teams, I would say with little knowledge, a bit dedication and with gear it would be easy to reach 2k but 3v3 teams are sparse here and high rated teams mostly know their stuff and even though 3v3 is way more balanced than 2s, I think certain combs still have advantage over others. I doubt dudu + rog + war will perform same as some other teams like tsg, atc, rmp etc..

7. May 15, 2021  
    Thx for yall answer ! We will see ourselves and if it rly cant work maybe try other real comps :/ (being on Lord dont give us a lot of choice) x)

8. May 15, 2021  
    Thx for yall answer ! We will see ourselves and if it rly cant work maybe try other real comps :/ (being on Lord dont give us a lot of choice) x)
    You can always move to Icecrown .

9. May 17, 2021  
    You can always move to Icecrown .
    I dont like skipping the leveling and the world PVP that goes with. And I dont like having a lot of alts too :/

I'm leveling a dk and my friend a pala, I know dk/war/pala is a big comp.

But I play Frost DK (I dont like UH), fdk/armswar/holypala is also fine ? Or fdk/protwar/holy is the way to go ?
    Edited: May 17, 2021

10. May 20, 2021  
    But I play Frost DK (I dont like UH), fdk/armswar/holypala is also fine ? Or fdk/protwar/holy is the way to go ?
    Fdk/Pwarr/hpala have won a Tournament back on AT but I haven't seen that comb for a long time. Guess it's weaker than UH and Arms in the current gear meta with Smourne.