1. May 14, 2021  

I've been on Warmane for 1 month now - my take on it

First things first - Warmane is awesome. Shout out to the entire team thats been making this project possible. They've managed to do this better than the multi-billion dollar companies that run other MMO's. When it comes to Warmane, the gameplay, the experience, and the staff, everything is great.

I've been having a complete blast. I mean, it's WoTLK! WoTLK imo is the apex of MMORPG gaming, so you really can't go wrong with any of that. In terms of gameplay, everything is as it should be. The increased xp rates, drop rates, etc, that Icecrown offer, are all key selling points that make the gameplay feel fluid and very well put together.

But I have one gripe that has left me wanting to sign off and not return. One little tid bit that can make ANY social video game a miserable experience. If there was anything to fear most in an MMO - it's the playerbase.

Now, I'm not about to go off and generalize. This is not me passing judgement on everyone; just what I would hope to be the vocal minority, but my god this playerbase.

I have never, in my entire life, seen so many people behaving like animals. The racism, the zenophobia, homophobia, sexism, impatience, and in general, the absolute disregard for the real people we're playing with is OVERWHELMING. I've seen entire guilds with 30+ people online launch off into full on unchecked sexist comments directed towards women that would make any woman delete the entire game from their system. Words that I refuse to use even in my lonesome are commonly thrown around like it's no ones business.

Every. Single. Raid. has at least 1 person screaming the entire time about how things aren't to their exact liking. People go from 0-100 instantly. Unless you're fully optimized, wearing BiS everything from head to toe, you WILL be insulted. God forbid you've just entered a VoA 10, your first raid, the one with some of the most lax expectations in the game, you are likely to have some egotistical brat call you out for not having ICC 25 gear on. To top it all off, these types of players are the biggest offenders of ninja looting/shady master loot practices. All but a couple of VoAs that I've done have had loot problems to some degree. Ninja's, leads holding onto loot for as long as possible hoping that their competition will leave before the roll, people conveniently getting kicked before a roll, people rolling for guildies, and even a guy that let the loot timer freaking expire.

Ganking goes beyond the scope of pwning noobs to outright harassing players into submission until their only option is to LOG OFF. By the time I hit 80 for the first time I had nearly 100 deaths from other players. I had only been killed by 20 different players of the other faction. One of my first major introductions to Warmane was a full BiS warrior in a low level alliance zone that ganked me. I had to go afk anyways so I went and did some stuff. I would check in every 10 or so mins to move and drop the afk buff. I had managed to get myself set up for my entire day, shower, lunch, and everything, to come back and see that this guy was still spinning in circles waiting for me to rez so he could kill me again. This is not "how PvP works."

I get it. I'm new to Warmane. I'm a scrub all over again. I have a lot of catching up to do. But some of you are crazy if you think I'm about to get on my knees and kiss your toes because you've spent the last 8 some odd years that Molten/Warmane have been around doing the same thing. It's been 1 single month and I've already hit that point where instead of getting frustrated, I sit back and seriously question what went wrong in someones life for them to be this vitriolic and disgusting.

I'll still be playing. I'm having a blast regardless. But man, if people can actually sit back and see how a lot of people are behaving and think that this is how we should be talking to one another is ridiculous. A portion of you need to learn what the word respect means and the values attached to it. This may be a video game but the way that some of you are talking is not welcome anywhere in society. We come to video games to get away from people we dislike. Right now I feel like I'm purposefully exposing myself to awful people. We can talk about reporting players so that things can be corrected but if I did that, I would likely be filing tickets for obvious ToS violations every 2 seconds.

Please, take no offense to this. If this offends you, either this does not even apply to you, or you're only offended because I just called you out. But I couldn't go another encounter with someone acting like a belligerent ape because things in a game aren't having an immediate impact on their physical state of mind without complaining about it publicly at least once.

That's the end of my rant. I hope you all have a good morning, day, or night.

2. May 14, 2021  
    Your whole message is just a giant rant. Absolutely zero actionable advice and a lot of whining about things that can not be easily solved if they can be solved at all (and that's assuming the current state is something to be fixed, which in my experience it is not).

All in all a negative post moaning about negativity; the ultimate irony.

3. May 14, 2021  
    Your whole message is just a giant rant.
    > That's the end of my rant.

You are correct. This is a rant.

4. May 14, 2021  
    agree 100% , but you are missing some crucial point : this version is not for new player, its for ppl who liked in the past and want to revive the experience.
    the worst thing of this server is the open pvp stupid players , for your guidance the players that only play to make new players to waste time and have a really bad game experience ,are stupid for sure.

5. May 14, 2021  
    I’ve been playing for as long as you have and I must say I’m having a great time but I do agree with you on the community front.

6. May 14, 2021  
    VVell, I've participated in a couple of semi-heroic guilds, and, honestly, I have never seen any sexist comments or some kind of harassment towards the fair sex. Like, literally 0, and there were some girls that played alongside us. They weren't mistreated or insulted in any way. Same goes to xenophobic or racist comments. In all of my guilds, toxicity was discouraged, though there might have been some memes based on racist or xenophobic stereotypes, but those had an obvious humourful tone to them.

The one thing that was consistently present was "criticism" towards the warmane staff and sometimes towards Blizzard's products. Other than that, everything was tame.

Every. Single. Raid. has at least 1 person screaming the entire time about how things aren't to their exact liking. People go from 0-100 instantly. Unless you're fully optimized, wearing BiS everything from head to toe, you WILL be insulted. God forbid you've just entered a VoA 10, your first raid, the one with some of the most lax expectations in the game, you are likely to have some egotistical brat call you out for not having ICC 25 gear on.
    I mean, I am not going to deny that. I am not a veteran (in comparison to some people here), but I have played this game for a long time, so I consider myself somewhat experienced. I had almost the same scenario in VoA 25 (on the Frostmourne realm during the Ulduar phase last year), but I proved the other players that gs isn't everything. So, if you meet such players, you have to ignore them. Better yet, get in an actual good guild with solid rules. If it's a respectable one, you won't have to deal with hateful language or infant behaviour.

To top it all off, these types of players are the biggest offenders of ninja looting/shady master loot practices. All but a couple of VoAs that I've done have had loot problems to some degree. Ninja's, leads holding onto loot for as long as possible hoping that their competition will leave before the roll, people conveniently getting kicked before a roll, people rolling for guildies, and even a guy that let the loot timer freaking expire.
    All of that is bannable. If I may add, I have faced much bigger ****shows in pug raids (pointless time thieves, loot drama, which wasn't related to ninjaing, RO due to people not knowing tactics etc), that's why I tend to avoid them. I only do the easier raids, and even then I set my expectations really low. If I have the opportunity, I play with fellow guild members, because those have proved to be decent players.

Ganking goes beyond the scope of pwning noobs to outright harassing players into submission until their only option is to LOG OFF. By the time I hit 80 for the first time I had nearly 100 deaths from other players. I had only been killed by 20 different players of the other faction. One of my first major introductions to Warmane was a full BiS warrior in a low level alliance zone that ganked me. I had to go afk anyways so I went and did some stuff. I would check in every 10 or so mins to move and drop the afk buff. I had managed to get myself set up for my entire day, shower, lunch, and everything, to come back and see that this guy was still spinning in circles waiting for me to rez so he could kill me again. This is not "how PvP works."
    Honestly, I have no idea what new players are doing during their leveling journey, and how they miracously get grieved a bajilion times. I rarely get ganked, whenever I level an alt. Maybe it's because I try to avoid popular contested areas. If I see someone ganking a particular zone, I just go somewhere else.

The only exception is Hellfire Peninsula, because I am used to reaching lvl 60 there and acquiring 150% flying. Depending on how severe the ganking situation is, I either 1) stay and quest near Thrallmar/Honour Hold undisturbed, 2) I go quest in Falcon VVatch/Temple of Telhamat, or 3) I just go to Zangarmarsh.

Also, regarding griefing, I'd suggest you watch this video:
    Edited: May 14, 2021 Reason: I wanted to correct some mistakes.

7. May 14, 2021  
    You are misguided in most basic level. It's your job to create environment you enjoy. Make a friends who wont say "go make a sandwich"(omg sexism1!!), create a guild with them. Raid. Enjoy it with lax rules about gear optimization or performance, grow together. Distribute loot fairly as you all agree. You can't find some 30 online people who value same things as you? From 12000 people? Don't even.

There are 999 posts how to avoid gankers, read that, improve yourself. Play smart, don't expect mercy.

Expecting everyone to warp around "your idea" of how everyone should behave, I think that's quite toxic and that is why you can't find people to play with fairly. They all go "yuck, another one of those" and gtfo.

8. May 15, 2021  
    "The racism, the zenophobia, homophobia, sexism"

The big problem of Warmane and they dont do nothing. -.-u

SHAME WARMANE, SHAME.

9. May 15, 2021  
    I agree with you, the "community" in-game is, in its majority, miserable.
    My last experience playing on Warmane was on Frostmourne the first week after the launch (after a 5-6 year break), I enjoyed the leveling experience because it was fun re-discovering the wotlk experience of pretty much everything (class, dungeons, leveling, quests pre-cataclysm etc, the actual content of the game).
    Then, at lvl 80, when I had to actually search for people to play with in order to gear up, the fun gauge went from 100% to 0% : getting kicked from RDF normal because I wasn't geared enough to their taste, toxic premades of 2-3-4, ninja looting, getting kicked/insulted because I dared give a friendly advice, I had it all and it was nothing exceptional. The thing is i'm not 14yo anymore and I simply can't stand playing surrounded by toxic people, so I quitted, perhaps
    1 day after hitting the max level (I remember my last moment on Frostmourne, it was on an Azjol-Nerub hc with a toxic premade of 3 that blamed me (aka insults into kick) for i don't even remember what silly thing).
    I remember being overwhelmed by the level of toxicity, it wasn't like any other multiplayer game I played, even competitive ones such as league or overwatch, it was really rotten to its core.

10. May 15, 2021  
    Honestly, every time I hear a comment regarding the warmane "community", I just roll my eyes - be it a praise to it or critique. Even if you don't want to make it sound like a generalization, it always sounds that way. The truth is - people are different, and you can see all type of mentality gathered in one place, in one game if you will. Yes, there are toxic individuals that can ruin anyone's mood. Yes, there are sensitive snowflakes that complain about one thing or another. But there are also very kind and decent human beings inhabiting the digital world.

In the past I've taken many breaks from wow, but I returned to it and played seriously since 2019. Since then, I have observed different types of behaviour in /global chat, pug raids, and in guild events. Icecrown/Lordearon/Frostmourne; Alliance or Horde - it didn't matter where I was. I've played alongside trash and skillful players, sometimes with both at the same time. I've been in groups, where people complimented each other, and in such where trash talking was a common event. But just because I've seen the worst kind of human interaction, that doesn't mean that it describes the majority of the warmane "community". If anything, I've played with mature people a lot more often that with arrogant brats.

There isn't an ingame filter, that can separate the good from the bad. Everyone can join and is allowed to play on this server as long as they follow the ingame rules. Everything else is coordinated by the players themselves - e.g. there's a reason why guilds are picky when it comes to recruiting players. Most of them will kick anyone, who disregards the rules or behaves disrespectfully towards others. In some cases, they take a person's game experience as a factor, in order to ensure the success of guild raids and thus to create a pleasant environment for anyone that loves clearing the PvE content. Angrylol said it too:

It's your job to create environment you enjoy. Make a friends who wont say "go make a sandwich"(omg sexism1!!), create a guild with them. Raid. Enjoy it with lax rules about gear optimization or performance, grow together. Distribute loot fairly as you all agree. You can't find some 30 online people who value same things as you? From 12000 people? Don't even.
    Edited: May 15, 2021

11. May 15, 2021  
    What triggers me the most, personally, is that people on Warmane (at least on Icecrown) are absolutely delusional about gearscore amounts needed to successfully run a raid. People requiring 5.2 to run Onyxia or 5.5 to run ICC 10 just make me laugh. Some of them honestly think it will be impossible to run those raids with lower gs because bosses would go enrage due to the lack of dps or tanks won't be able to survive. Lol. Just lol.

12. May 15, 2021  
    What triggers me the most, personally, is that people on Warmane (at least on Icecrown) are absolutely delusional about gearscore amounts needed to successfully run a raid. People requiring 5.2 to run Onyxia or 5.5 to run ICC 10 just make me laugh. Some of them honestly think it will be impossible to run those raids with lower gs because bosses would go enrage due to the lack of dps or tanks won't be able to survive. Lol. Just lol.
    You need inflated gs because half the players don't know their rotation and the other half will be slacking off.

13. May 15, 2021  
    Man, some of you guys are trying so hard to make it seem like some people aren't behaving horribly on here.

I played WoTLK when it was live. I did all of this stuff 12-13 years ago. Assuming that I'm new to WoW is the wrong assumption. I've played across a boat load of servers, different private servers, and different MMORPGs.

Warmane has a toxicity problem. Ironically some of these replies are showing signs of exactly what I'm talking about.

14. May 15, 2021  
    What these replies are showing is that this may not be your place.

15. May 15, 2021  
    You need inflated gs because half the players don't know their rotation and the other half will be slacking off.
    It's true that the gs obsession is addopted by a large margin of the playerbase for the reason you explained here. which has reached the point of becoming a common practice. However, I would argue that this mostly affects pug raids. People are playing with complete strangers, and they don't know what the latter are capable of. In guild raids or in small pug communities, people know each other, and the raids can be done with tamer gs requirements.

In the first season of FM, we didn't possess inflated gear to require it from others, so we had to work with what we had. Here I want to open parenthesis and say that I hadn't participated in that many pug raids, in order to make bold statements about the quality of raids. During the ToC phase on the Alliance's side, I was actually surprised by the fact that the pug raids (at least on nm) weren't a disaster. Admittedly, not everyone played well, but we didn't RO before killing Anub, and the minimum gs requirements were 4.8k-5k for 25-man at that time (if I recall correctly, on Icecrown people want ~5.4k). For Ony 25 pug raids demanded even less gs, and they didn't fail. During 3.3.5, I wasn't in icc 10-man groups, because no one wanted a cat in their raids, but I had one miserable RS 10, where despite me explaining the tactics on discrod, people didn't listen to me or what the RL said. VVe had to reform the group several times, and we succeeded after 1-2 hours of torture. But it REAAAAAAAAAAAALLY depends on the players in the group. In that RS 10 raid, some participants were willing to stay and to improve. I had guildies, who didn't have that "luck". Here's another example - yesterday, I wasted 3-4 hours in a Naxx pug raid where we only killed 2 bosses.

Point is, it doesn't matter if the gs is inflated or not - if people don't know tactics, and they don't play properly, nothing can save said raid.

12 Last