1. May 16, 2021  

Holy Priest

Hi , is it rly worth of playng hpriest coz my guild dnt want let me heal as hpriest, synce i switched fom disc to holy.I did toc 25 and similar pug raids and its much more ez for me to heal as holy coz i can switch combos in some situations.

2. May 16, 2021  
    That's because holy cant do anything specific, other healers can do everything holy does, but better. Disc has it's unique place, even "must have".
    Lots of guilds go 4 or even 3 heal 25mans, even resto druids get pushed out, holy priest just has no chance.

3. May 16, 2021  
    angrylol is factually incorrect. To address his claim; Holy Priest excels at "triage healing" better than any other healer. Triage healing is the healing of players who are at low health, near death, keeping them up - not necessarily topping them off, but at least keeping them stable enough to be topped by another healer. (Nobody seems to remember that the healers are supposed to function as a team...) Holy Priest is superior at group-healing nukes compared to any other healer. Nobody (and I mean absolutely NOBODY) does it better or as consistent as a Holy Priest can. This (group healing) is why they were considered mandatory on 0% LoD progression on Lordaeron, were on Frostmourne S1, and will be again on Frostmourne S2. It is also capable of doing anything any other healer can do - not as good, but it is still OK. They can be considered less desirable on Icecrown where the 30% buff works wonders for Resto Druids, for example, which would be considered an almost useless healer in any other environment.

That being said, to address your concern anovakm, it is definitely worth playing Holy Priest. Many people, especially on Icecrown, are unaccepting of the spec. There are reasons for this. Good reasons, unfortunately. In pug groups and lesser quality guilds, people are going to judge you by your HPS. Holy Priest in a lot of instances will perform fairly poorly compared to other healers in terms of HPS. I can link you a long and detailed article that explains why HPS is not a good metric to use to gauge the value of a healer, if you want. Also, most people on Iceccrown only ever see *BAD* Holy Priests, as they are the healer spec with the highest skill requirement. So, naturally, people will think why should anyone play that when you can play Disc, press ONE button, and be successful with it? Even though that's a terrible way to play Disc most of the time... Disc also supplies Power Infusion, so you will be met with that resistance from the casters who want their DPS buff.

In conclusion, yes, you will meet resistance from lesser quality players who have somewhat justified reasons for thinking the way they do. It is still a very capable and very powerful spec, and it is very much worth playing. Especially if you find a decent guild.

4. May 17, 2021  
    play what you want thats what matters. holy priest is a reactive healer meaning when there are no spikes your essentially not healing and they are taken to raids all the time on icecrown so im not sure why mercy is saying they never get taken as thats simply not true. the guild i raid with there uses one every week and they use one on 0 buff as well. I know of many guilds who use them there so im not sure where mercy is getting this info that icecrown players do not take hpriests as thats just a flat out lie. now for whatever reason they may be used less in pugs but i dont consider that applicable here unless you never plan on joining a guild. utility wise they get used less because other classes cover what they can do or they can do it better and offer better more useful abilities or CDs to the raid comp.

EDIT: forgot, holy priests when taken, on 0 buff progression, is because their GS cd and thats legit the only reason. Not for their healing primarily but bc of a tank CD.
    Edited: May 17, 2021

5. May 18, 2021  
    EDIT: forgot, holy priests when taken, on 0 buff progression, is because their GS cd and thats legit the only reason. Not for their healing primarily but bc of a tank CD.
    Yup exactly that's how I remember it too. Also GS procced first sparing ardent on pallys for other clutch situations. (although I haven't healed in 0 buffs, I only knew ppl who did, and I may have helped testing this feature out back then)

Also holy healing is really fun, and you shouldn't be discouraged by your guilds or pugs. Some ppl who don't grab them as healers seem to now know the difference between disc or holy or don't know of the existence or the capability of the spec at all. These were my recent experiences with pugs these days, but just as Freddy said above, if you want to get more serious about the game, join a guild that would accept you as holy and have fun.

6. May 18, 2021  
    I know of many guilds who use them there so im not sure where mercy is getting this info that icecrown players do not take hpriests as thats just a flat out lie. now for whatever reason they may be used less in pugs but i dont consider that applicable here unless you never plan on joining a guild.
    Because... I'm not.... talking about GUILDS. It isn't uncommon for low end guilds to still be apprehensive about Holy Priests either. But this thought process is very common in regular run-of-the-mill PUGs. It's not my fault you haven't played in those kinds of PUGs enough to know that. And of course it's applicable. We're speaking to a new player here. Typically speaking, new players will join random groups until they find someone they'd like to play with on a more regular basis, or someone puts effort into attempting to recruit them. The likelihood they'll find a guild without any gear, achievements, etc. is unfortunately low. I don't know why this is even an argument, nor why I should have to explain this.

The rest of the comments I would respond to you and explain to you why your assumptions about me are 100% incorrect, but that's not a topic for this thread.

EDIT: forgot, holy priests when taken, on 0 buff progression, is because their GS cd and thats legit the only reason.
    As cool as that is (and I didn't claim otherwise, even though you try to lump those arguments together for who knows what reason) I don't much understand why a discussion about 0 buff progression is relevant conversation to someone who is first-time touching the class. I was merely trying to put a bit of information in there to illustrate that the specialization is greatly valued.

7. May 18, 2021  
    I can not recall a single time words "we need a holy priest" were uttered. Not talking about some specific thing or tactic we wanted to do/try. Talking about context of Lordaeron or Icecream as asked, general raiding.

Don't pick a spec that can be replaced with Fel Healthstone. Just joking plis dont kill me.
    But seriously, holy priest will be "fifth" healer. And as soon as your guilds rsham and disc gets better, guess what, you will respec or get the boot. That's if they are decent, but most liekly you get "sry, healers full" until you quit the guild.
    Edited: May 18, 2021

8. May 18, 2021  
    I can not recall a single time words "we need a holy priest" were uttered. Not talking about some specific thing or tactic we wanted to do/try. Talking about context of Lordaeron or Icecream as asked, general raiding.

Don't pick a spec that can be replaced with Fel Healthstone. Just joking plis dont kill me.
    But seriously, holy priest will be "fifth" healer. And as soon as your guilds rsham and disc gets better, guess what, you will respec or get the boot. That's if they are decent, but most liekly you get "sry, healers full" until you quit the guild.
    Jokes aside, I don't agree with that. Dual as Disc and Holy isn't difficult to pull off. If they insist on having a Disc available, then they can do that, and ease the group into allowing them to play Holy. As for your first sentence, I've heard that plenty. Usually due to Guardian Spirit. After healing for a number of guilds, I found it common for them to ask me specifically to heal for them. Not because of my spec, but because of the work I could do. Especially after solo healing Bane for a couple of them. To make a claim that the spec isn't a viable option is just wholly false, honestly.

9. May 19, 2021  
    Nobody (and I mean absolutely NOBODY) does it better or as consistent as a Holy Priest can. This (group healing) is why they were considered mandatory on 0% LoD progression on Lordaeron, were on Frostmourne S1, and will be again on Frostmourne S2.
    realm first frostmourne kill of LoD- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVAg2FY6xkQ no holy priest but resto druid used
    realm first frostmourne kill of Grand Crusader- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l_6m7UHKdI no holy priest but resto druid used
    realm first frostmourne kill of Sindy Heroic- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jwCKcC93sk no holy priest used but TWO resto druids used
    realm first frostmourne kill of Magic Seeker- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-tbWZQexu8 no holy priest used but resto druid used
    realm first frostmourne kill of Naxx- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmDMuq3JdBc holy priest used but TWO resto druids used

10. May 19, 2021  
    realm first frostmourne kill of LoD- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVAg2FY6xkQ no holy priest but resto druid used
    realm first frostmourne kill of Grand Crusader- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l_6m7UHKdI no holy priest but resto druid used
    realm first frostmourne kill of Sindy Heroic- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jwCKcC93sk no holy priest used but TWO resto druids used
    realm first frostmourne kill of Magic Seeker- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-tbWZQexu8 no holy priest used but resto druid used
    realm first frostmourne kill of Naxx- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmDMuq3JdBc holy priest used but TWO resto druids used
    I don't get it. Is the 0% related to the lack of relevance in these videos?

11. May 19, 2021  
    You are completely missing the ****ing point.