1. May 16, 2021  

Raiding Question

Hi,

I'm yet to ding 80 as of yet, however I'm curious to find out how easy it is to get into a raiding group?

Is it mainly ICC that is being ran or are other raids being actively completed too?

Thank You.

2. May 16, 2021  
    I haven't played on Icecrown for a long time, so I can't say how's the situation currently. 2 years ago, most of the common raids were ICC and RS, as you assumed, because people wanted to do the end-game content and get that juicy loot. Naxx and Ulduar were done only for the purpose of obtaining tmog and/or achievements. That's because people preferred to spam toc, fos, pos, hor, and rdf hc, in order to obtain 232lvl items and accumulate enough EoTs to purchase the t9 set. ToC was also organised from time to time, but people probably participated in it, in order to replace weak items. If you do the aforementioned dungeons, you will be accepted in ToC raids in no time. As far as ICC and RS go, you will have difficulties meeting the gear demands. If I recall correctly, most pug raids want 5.5k+ gs for icc, so you have to find ways to boost that fictional number.

My personal advice is - forget about pug raids. Most of them could end miserably anyway. Instead, join a progressive guild that is willing to invite new players and introduce them to the endgame content. The real gs requirements are much, much lower than what globals demand (+ if you play on Icecrown, you also have a 30% buff that makes the fights easier), but you still need to inform yourself about the boss tactics in advance. It would also be a wise idea to check a guide for your current class and practise on a dummy until you feel comfotable playing it.

[edit] VVhat also matters is the role you are covering. Tanks > Healers > DPS. If you play as a tank or a healer, your chances of being invited in raiding groups increase immensely, but it's essential that you know what you are doing during boss fights. People would rely on you, and mistakes as a tank or healer could lead to a wipe.
    Edited: May 16, 2021

3. May 16, 2021  
    Thank you for your response and advice, much appreciated.

4. May 16, 2021  
    Expect to gear yourself on your own till 5.5K GS. You might get lucky and find a lenient guild, or a startup one, which is recruiting to fill their roster with lower GS players.

Primary raids are still ICC & RS 25's. There are guilds that do 10 mans as well, normal or heroic, maybe to gear alts, or as 10 HC gearing for 25's.

PUG's.. PUG's are chaos. You can find yourself a 5.2K GS requiring ICC10N's that clear 10/12, or 5.5K GS run that only kills 6.. It's always a gamble. Try to assess what kind of group it is. How responsive, knowledgeable leader seems, achievements, inspect others, how's the comp. Even then, the group can surprise you in more ways than one.

5. May 17, 2021  
    This server is exceptionally hard for newcomers wishing to raid because gear demands are insane. Most pugs and guilds require you to be almost (or just plain) overgeared for the raid to join it, also everybody wants you to have an achievement for completing the raid. Thus all the newcomers inevitably enter a vicious circle - you can't join a raid without already having a gear and achievement from the said raid and you can't get those until you join a raid which you can't do until you get the gear and achievement which you can't get because you can't join a raid unless you get a gear from it. It's a closed loop. To break from it you need to either donate for a gear to get the required gearscore without raiding and buy an achievement from some guild, or get lucky and find some rare guild/raid that has some reasonable requirements - those are rare but they exist too!
    Edited: May 17, 2021

6. May 17, 2021  
    It's not hard at all to get into a good guild if you have "common" raid time. They are looking for players, not gear or achievements.

But there are 2 kinds of players:
    1. People who wait for some magical miracle knowledge to come to them.
    2. People who actively seek out information and spend hours reading about their spec and raid mechanics.

First ones are doomed to suffer in pugs and crappy guilds with their equals, constantly complaining about raid requirements and toxicity and everything else under the sun.
    Second ones join a guild with their equals, raid and clear, gear up, farm those raids as they see fit and enjoy.

First ones gear up slowly and painfully, their path makes gear and achievements very valuable, so they hung up on that, which creates negative feedback loop.
    Second ones don't put much value on gear, because they know it will come easily and is just a subproduct of what they enjoy. All they need is basic "ICC-ready" gear, which is some 5k gs.

Don't be the first kind and you will enjoy the game at your leisure.

7. May 18, 2021  
    Icecrown does ICC 10/25 RS25 and TOC10/25

8. May 17, 2022  
    Hi, i have a question if somebody invites me to play raid i dont see anybody in instance, only in minimap. What should i do can u help me with that pls?

9. May 18, 2022  
    Hi, i have a question if somebody invites me to play raid i dont see anybody in instance, only in minimap. What should i do can u help me with that pls?
    You're most likely saved to the raid already. You can check it by pressing "O" by defailt, going to raid tab and check raid info. There's list of raids you're saved to, and what raid locks are expired. You could use addon such as Am I locked Out (AILO), to keep tabs on raid locks with multiple characters without the need to relog them individually.
    Other option the raid got bugged and you'l need to re-enter (or raid re-group), not sure this occurs still, but it used to in the past.