1. May 18, 2021  

Retribution pvp BiS list including Shadowmourne

Hey guys! So, basically my pvp paladin with shadowmourne is no that far from bis, so Im asking for advice. I've earned some coins on warmane trade latey and want to finish his gear. However, BiS gear list that Im founding on web seems quite different from each other. Can I get an full pvp 3.3.5a retribution paladin gear list, including Shadowmourne?
    Race is ofc Human, cause why it would be any other.

Thanks a lot ;)

2. May 18, 2021  
    There isn't a set-in-stone list for Ret pvp. It varies on what you're doing, what your arena comps are, who you're playing against, etc. You're going to have to figure out a starting point and adjust your stats from there for what you're comfortable with.

3. June 4, 2021  
    I would suggest you the following, after playing retri in pvp for 6 years mainly as a double dps comp, but it`s up to you entirely what you want to go with. When you are referring to PVP BIS, there are many variables. Pvp is what for you? Battlegrounds? Arenas? If arenas, playing more as support, or with a healer? I will just let you know from support setup point of view, the rest you can figure it out.

5/5 WF mainset
    Neck: Penumbra HC (RS25hc)
    Cloak: Winding Sheet HC
    Wrist: Umbrage HC (RS25hc)
    Belt: Wrathful
    Feet: Apocalypse Advance HC (RS 25HC)
    Rings: Ashen (agi version) + Signet of Twilight (RS25hc)
    Trinket1: Whispering Fanged Skull HC
    Trinket2: Death's Choice or Bauble of True Blood (when playing a deeper support role).

Gems, these are really important, do not go full 20 str as I see most of rets do, retribution is a support class with certain burst moments.
    Red: 10 str 10 resilience
    Yellow: 20 resilience
    Blue: 10 resil 15 stamina

Shadowmourne gems: 20 str / 20 str / 34 str.
    Pvp 1h + shield gem: 34 resilience

The reason why you go one JC gem in Shadowmourne is because, 1h shield swapping is a core move of a retribution paladin. If you follow the above gemming, when you swap from SM to 1h shield, you insta replace 34 str to 34 resil gem, giving you an even better defense, which basically allows you to toggle between good damage and good defense with the press of a button.

Ultimately, what I have linked you emphasizes retribution support role at its max. You will gain a minimum of 43% crit out of this, with decent attack power (+ SM buff to back it up even more) and good resilience. Critical strike gives you better survivability through Art of War proc into Flash of Light spam. While doing so, the decent resilience you will have will make sure you will be crited less, which will increase the uptime of your sacred shield (which remember, it has only 6 seconds cooldown). While giving your Sacred Shield proc more uptime, your Art of War > Flash of Light spam becomes even better, due to 50% crit increase into Sheath of Light stacking, which overall maximizes your defense.

Hit me up ingame if you want on Icecrown chars: Justicelicht, Supercells, Justicecrown and Blackrock: Justicelight.

Good luck :)