1. May 19, 2021  

Suggestions for stopping the covering of Dalaran FM

We have all seen it. We have all been frustrated by it. A player is buffed by an enormous feast, mount their mammoth or drake and park over the Dalaran flightmaster. And viola!! You are now unable to take the flightmaster.
    I do not claim to know a fix, but please post some suggestions here.
    - Increase the size of the FM so he cannot be covered by any player/mount
    - Make the area around the FM inaccessible to players and make the FM "hit box" that size as well

No this is not a game breaking issue. It is a quality of life issue that can finally frustrate the griefers that somehow think this is somehow edgy or funny

2. May 19, 2021  
    Here is how you fix it:
    1. Go into your keybinding options, find "interact with target", bind a key to it
    2. Go near flightmaster, type /target Alucard
    3. Press the interact key
    4. Fly

How have you survived this long without this knowledge?

3. May 19, 2021  
    Here is how you fix it:
    1. Go into your keybinding options, find "interact with target", bind a key to it
    2. Go near flightmaster, type /target Alucard
    3. Press the interact key
    4. Fly

How have you survived this long without this knowledge?
    That does not actually solve the issue in a grand sheme. There's even easier workarounds than this, yet those shouldn't be required since it's just behaviour that can and should be punishable. It's sadly a common issue that if people can be pricks, they will be.
    This kind of behaviour isn't just known for the Flightmaster. It's also known for the Engineer-Auctioneer in Dala, the NPC selling Herbs from Darkmoon Faire and literally every other "blockable" npc.

It's pretty much the same ******ed stuff why multiboxing had to be cut down. Can't have nice things because people decide to behave like *******s in a grand sheme lately.

4. May 19, 2021  
    Yes, but if everyone gets around them in 1sec, they will simply stop sitting on NPCs, no sweet rage whispers to soothe their tainted souls.

I sit on Dalaran auction robot every day for 20mins, it's so nice to interact with community. They blow their lid and yell at me for 10mins when they can get past me in 30secs first time and less than 2secs the second time, it just makes me feel fuzzy and bubbly inside to see that.

It's like "whyy", when you see a fly fall in flame of a candle, you start to ponder about life and what even are we, it's the same. I'm actually saving lives of a fly every day, it's moral good. Every 10mins someone yells at me in Dalaran they save a life.
    Edited: May 19, 2021

5. May 19, 2021  
    1st person camera should also work.

6. May 20, 2021  
    I've never understood why the staff refuses to put one of those "blockers" around critical fixtures such as some FMs, mailboxes, the robot auctioneer...

7. May 20, 2021  
    Shred, that's because people don't want that. They want to yell and "report" someone, fight the big evil man. If they wouldn't want that, they would use solution I posted.

8. May 21, 2021  
    Or in other words, your suggestion falls under the: "too complex of a solution to a problem with a way simpler solution". Pressing shift + V, or whatever you pick to keybind it to, and then right clicking on the FM's name is way easier for you and the collective playerbase than warmane implementing a wall around all flight masters in the off chance that one is being covered by a dimwit.

As for mailboxes that were also spoken of here: Stormwind has 10 mailboxes. Two being no more than 25 yards away from the AH. But that one seems to be particularly an issue for people... Laziness..

9. May 21, 2021  
    Or in other words, your suggestion falls under the: "too complex of a solution to a problem with a way simpler solution".
    Yet players makes reports/tickets of these blockers. So one could assume making it happen might save staff's time on the long term. It's been suggested before, and denied multiple times.

10. May 21, 2021  
    Yet players makes reports/tickets of these blockers. So one could assume making it happen might save staff's time on the long term. It's been suggested before, and denied multiple times.

Going on a coding spree for hundreds upon probably thousands mailboxes / flight masters cannot save them more time simply scoffing at the first 3 words of the ticket as the newblet explains that his mailbox is covered with a free one being visible in the screenshot provided. Also such codes could lead to their own sets of issues. A flight master that repulses people from entering his hitbox, effectively would have to somehow function when people come TO said flightmaster after a flight. Will they get instantly repulsed away? What would happen to non-sanctuary flight masters who can engage in combat with the opposing faction? Are they going to be immune to melee by just constantly pushing them around with their invisible don't-touch-me shields?

Furthermore, what if someone just obstructs your field of view of a mailbox by just doing the same thing but from a different angle? You'd still need to zoom in to be able to see him or be out of range and not be able to interact with it.

11. May 29, 2021  
    I think some folks have missed the point of my original post. My issue was not that I could not create a macro or use first person, it was a quality of life issue that would make my (and countless others' - including those opposed) gameplay a more smooth, uninterrupted and fun experience. And although *****s do the same to mailboxes, I really dont care about that.

12. May 29, 2021  
    What if... the gameplay is not supposed to be smooth and uninterrupted?