1. May 27, 2021  

How hard Lordaeron is

Hello
    Im still hesitating between Lordaeron and icecrown

Is it easy to find group using RDF as dps on Lordaeron?

Can we find pug for TOC ?

Does Many guilde killed LK25hc?
    That m'y main objective and i dont Want to start to play on a realm if only top 1% guilde killed it :D

2. May 27, 2021  
    Hello
    Im still hesitating between Lordaeron and icecrown

Is it easy to find group using RDF as dps on Lordaeron?

Can we find pug for TOC ?

Does Many guilde killed LK25hc?
    That m'y main objective and i dont Want to start to play on a realm if only top 1% guilde killed it :D
    Finding groups as DPS in RDF isn't easy anywhere. Everyone plays a DPS and the RDF queue is overloaded with DPS so don't be surprised if you wait 30 min + for a pop.
    Pug for ToC can be found easily.
    Not many guilds killed LK25Hc. Maybe about 10ish.

Go to Icecrown if that's your only goal.

3. May 29, 2021  
    Finding groups as DPS in RDF isn't easy anywhere. Everyone plays a DPS and the RDF queue is overloaded with DPS so don't be surprised if you wait 30 min + for a pop.
    Pug for ToC can be found easily.
    Not many guilds killed LK25Hc. Maybe about 10ish.

Go to Icecrown if that's your only goal.
    Agree with everything besides how many guilds killed LK25HC. There's at least 10 active guilds on the server right now farming LoD, and like 30+ in total on the server's history.

4. May 30, 2021  
    Agree with everything besides how many guilds killed LK25HC. There's at least 10 active guilds on the server right now farming LoD, and like 30+ in total on the server's history.
    there are less than 10 active guilds atm and the grand total of guilds which are in the armory with lod are 29, but that includes guilds renaming for the speedkill and guilds, which disbanded and reformed with very similar players again. The reality lies somewhere between both your numbers, but it is noteworthy that many guilds which kill lod have players which also kill lod in another guild, so it's maybe like 7guilds (didnt count, should be along those lines) doing lod weekly but it's not 7x25 = 175 people, but rather like 100 people farming lod weekly, just with multiple characters. That being said I find lordaeron soo much better than icecrown if you are looking for a blizzlike experience. You definitely dont need to farm lod to have fun in the game. killing lk nm with your guild here might feel more satisfying than killing lod on icecrown

5. May 31, 2021  
    Ty everyone for your answer!!

I decided to go on incecrown after a long time thinking

Main argument are its faster to xp
    and I want to pratice to prepare woltk classic... so icecrown migh be a better choice since it'll take less time to gear

6. June 1, 2021  
    I want to toss my had in the ring and say i think it's more time consuming then hard.
    You can do everything but takes very long time as you are depending on other people.

7. June 1, 2021  
    I want to toss my had in the ring and say i think it's more time consuming then hard.
    You can do everything but takes very long time as you are depending on other people.
    depends what you aim to do. leveling is more time consuming without being a lot harder. raiding however isnt any more time consuming than on icecrown, just harder. I have done icc25 12/12hc rs25hc and togc50/50 in under 4hours with my guild, while in other guilds(who would most definitely smash lod on icecrown to an extent where it's plain boring) I've been stuck on 8hcs in icc with double the raid time and there are a number of guilds with lower progress and more raidtime, who I have no doubt still very much enjoy the game.
    but ofc if you are looking at it from a perspective where your only goal is getting gear, then buying it in the shop is obviously faster than getting it in the raid. but playing the game isnt more time consuming on lordaeron than icecrown, just challenging.

8. June 2, 2021  
    Loardeon have less people so it's longer to find players willing not take you and kinda trust you know your stuff ore carry you a bit?

9. there are less than 10 active guilds atm and the grand total of guilds which are in the armory with lod are 29, but that includes guilds renaming for the speedkill and guilds, which disbanded and reformed with very similar players again. so it's maybe like 7guilds (didnt count, should be along those lines) doing lod weekly but it's not 7x25 = 175 people, but rather like 100 people farming lod weekly, just with multiple characters.
    There's definitely more than 10 guilds farming LOD. How much crossover there is between the players I don't really care to twiddle thumbs over, because at the end of the day its till requires 25 functioning individuals playing their class at a sufficient level to farm LOD. Transcendence on Horde, for example, has two groups farming LOD. Forgotten Brothers on Ally is almost at this point: I consider these groups two different 'guilds' for the purpose of counting how many sets of 25 players are farming LOD, but even without this 'double counting', there's still more than 10 LOD guilds right now. Probably close to 7 or 8 on Ally alone, 7 or 8 on Horde as well.

As for the OP, here's what I will say: I started in Lorda when the server was released and am still going strong. I will always suggest Icecrown to new players, and if I had the chance to start on Icecrown 6 years ago, I would have. I think it will be a more fulfilling experience and with the recent changes to XP allowing you to change it on the fly in-game, you can play it at a true 1x Blizz-like experience on Icecrown if you so choose. I think the raiding on Lordareon will be unnecessarily difficult and frustrating as a new player, where there, at the very least, is much more leeway for new players on Icecrown.
    Edited: June 15, 2021