1. May 27, 2021  

Arena warlock sap

Hi guys! I recently started to play rogue in arena and i noticed most of the time i just can't sap warlock, even if they're not in combat.

It's literally the only class i can't sap even if out of combat. (especially at the beginning of arena)

Is there something i don't know or missing?

I understand that if you send pet and heal/buff it when it's in combat you'll get combat.
    But when pet is near them, not in combat, how am i not able to sap lock?

Hope one of you guys know!

2. May 27, 2021  
    do you remember on which games? you can tell us the matchID (look at "match history" page of your rogue on Armory)

3. May 27, 2021  
    No, no clue.. I've done 2 or 3 hundred games past 2 weeks. And i can't remember if i actually pressed sap and didn't work or didn't even try..

Thing is, it only happens with warlocks. And not the same, pretty much every warlock can be an issue.

I was hopping i missed something or some mechanic...

A guy told me i had to distract the warlock pets to be able to sap them. But it sounds weird since if they're not in combat i should be able to right?

And i have an addon which shows me if my target/focus is in combat so its pretty obvious..

4. May 27, 2021  
    Does it happen with hunter pets as well?

5. May 28, 2021  
    No it only happens vs warlocks. No problem to sap hunter or dk. That's why i think i might be bugged :D

6. May 28, 2021  
    when a warlock, dk or hunter send a pet, they are unsappable even if the pet hasn't reached a target yet. it's their partners that must heal the pet (or heal the warlock after they healed their pet) to get in combat and thus be unsappable. if you can sap hunters and dks when they have sent their pet, it is bugged in the other direction

7. May 28, 2021  
    Yeah exactly! I just tryhard for an hour with 4 accs in war-games on BR.

Tried with lock/hunt and DK.

IF pet has order to attack, you can't sap any of those classes. Even if they're out of combat. IF you distract pet, it changes nothing. IF you sap pet then sap lock/hunt/dk doesn't work since it doesn't remove the order.

You say it's normal to not be able to sap someone who sent pet but it feels legit weird that you can't sap someone who's out of combat xD

As i said tho, i just started rogue recently so i might be missing some mechanics.

My first post was wrong then, i've got problem to sap them all! its just uncommon for a dk/hunt to send pet, compared to warlock..
    Edited: May 28, 2021

8. May 28, 2021  
    to clarify, it is not just "normal" for this to happen, this is the intended behavior. you are not supposed to be able to sap warlocks, hunters or dks when their pet is sent to attack, regardless of their combat state.

9. May 28, 2021  
    Thanks for clarification sir! Seems like i was missing some mechanics :D
    Wish you a very nice day and thanks again to all of you who tried to help!

See you in arena!

PS: hopefully not as lock/dk/hunt xD