1. Dear Warmane Staff,

Please bring your attention to this issue as being Horde and getting any sort of battleground queue is a struggle.

Alliance guilds have been playing against each other since Mercenary Mode has been introduced, which means that Horde gets no battleground queues.

Please do something about this.

Thank you!

2. This issue should be solved soon, at the moment I got the feeling moderators & staff are just ignoring issue's like this. Its really annoying for players who give feedback and trying to make Warmane fun for everyone. Atleast a detailed response seems too much to ask for.. For the new players who read this, welcome to Warmane 'support'

3. This issue should be solved soon, at the moment I got the feeling moderators & staff are just ignoring issue's like this. Its really annoying for players who give feedback and trying to make Warmane fun for everyone. Atleast a detailed response seems too much to ask for.. For the new players who read this, welcome to Warmane 'support'
    It is a non-issue though... A very niche amount of members of the community want to be able to GVG in battlegrounds and are having a temper tantrum & threatening that they will all move Alliance and "ruin faction balance forever" which is laughable. First nobody in this thread understands how the mercenary mode system works. The only reason it exists is so there are faster queue times for the alliance, who had to wait for upwards than 10 minutes at times in the past. It fills empty slots, since hordes don't PvP as much. If the scales were tipped in the other end, without warmane changing a single line of code and there were too many hordes PvP-ing rather than too many Alliance, Merc mode would put hordes on the alliance side.

This thread is not suggesting anything to do with Mercenary mode as the system it currently is. It has to do with people wanting to GvG on the horde side. For that - suggest rated battlegrounds, rather than trying to tweak a working system into effectively nullifying it (i.e. if hordes start appearing on the alliance side, the queue timer would revert back to what it used to be before the system got implemented).

You are asking for a staff's "detailed response" for a suggestion that is breaking a system they implemented because people would cry on the forums that queue timers were too long. It's like dealing with spoiled children at this point and just like with spoiled children, the most effective approach is to ignore them until they eventually get tired of whining about that new toy and, respectfully, STFU.

Dear Warmane Staff,

Please bring your attention to this issue as being Horde and getting any sort of battleground queue is a struggle.

Alliance guilds have been playing against each other since Mercenary Mode has been introduced, which means that Horde gets no battleground queues.

Please do something about this.

Thank you!

So you are telling me that if I log a horde toon and queue for a battleground I won't get a pop in under 1 minute. Are you really willing to bet on that...?
    Edited: June 15, 2021

4. I agree with OP entirely. A year ago, there were many PvP guilds on Horde, now there's two or three.. They all go Alliance because they can VS each other, and do things that Horde faction simply can't do.

Regardless of how many people are in queues on Horde faction, Mercenary mode will never work the opposite way. It's only Alliance > Horde, and not vice versa. All the OP and his supporters (myself included) are asking, is that it can work both ways (Alliance > Horde, Horde > Alliance), so we can do all the same things the opposing faction is doing. It's only fair, if you really think about it.

As someone mentioned in a previous post... entirely removing Merc Mode might actually be of help also (if the current request can't be implemented).. A lot of people might not like it at first, but it could eventually bring some kind of balance to factions.. Horde PvP is pretty much dead at the moment, with the exception of WTF Unity, Not Sorry, and smaller guilds like Puff Puff Pass.

TL:DR
    Merc Mode for both factions, or for none.

5. If the scales were tipped in the other end, without warmane changing a single line of code and there were too many hordes PvP-ing rather than too many Alliance, Merc mode would put hordes on the alliance side.
    This is actually wrong, and if you read about the original Mercenary Mode post on the forums, you'll clearly see that it specifies Alliance to Horde only, and not the other way around.

6. I agree with OP entirely. A year ago, there were many PvP guilds on Horde, now there's two or three.. They all go Alliance because they can VS each other, and do things that Horde faction simply can't do.

Regardless of how many people are in queues on Horde faction, Mercenary mode will never work the opposite way. It's only Alliance > Horde, and not vice versa. All the OP and his supporters (myself included) are asking, is that it can work both ways (Alliance > Horde, Horde > Alliance), so we can do all the same things the opposing faction is doing. It's only fair, if you really think about it.

As someone mentioned in a previous post... entirely removing Merc Mode might actually be of help also (if the current request can't be implemented).. A lot of people might not like it at first, but it could eventually bring some kind of balance to factions.. Horde PvP is pretty much dead at the moment, with the exception of WTF Unity, Not Sorry, and smaller guilds like Puff Puff Pass.

TL:DR
    Merc Mode for both factions, or for none.
    So effectively you want to remove mercenary mode in general, because if it's for BOTH factions the results would be its usefulness being effectively nullified and if you remove it, well, you achieve the same?

HOW ABOUT YA'LL STOP BEING A BUNCH OF SELFISH "MY NEEDS NEED TO BE SERVED BEFORE LOGIC IS APPLIED" KAREN WANNABES AND JUST PLAY WITH THE HANDS YOU ARE DEALT :SMILE:

7. So effectively you want to remove mercenary mode in general, because if it's for BOTH factions the results would be its usefulness being effectively nullified and if you remove it, well, you achieve the same?
    [/b]
    That's only a suggestion if they can't make Merc work both ways. Maybe read the entire post?

8. The idea itself is to make Alliance players, the faction itself, when the need arises, also consider as Horde. This does not mean it's mixing players from both factions, and you won't find you and your friends (whether in a party of 5 or a custom premade of more) on opposing sides. While playing as a Horde player, Alliance players will take form of their Horde counter-parts.

To clarify further, this means only Alliance players will show up as Horde players, in order to introduce more players in the pool on both sides but there will be no mixing of factions.

^^^^^
    Some text from the original post.

9. The idea itself is to make Alliance players, the faction itself, when the need arises, also consider as Horde. This does not mean it's mixing players from both factions, and you won't find you and your friends (whether in a party of 5 or a custom premade of more) on opposing sides. While playing as a Horde player, Alliance players will take form of their Horde counter-parts.

To clarify further, this means only Alliance players will show up as Horde players, in order to introduce more players in the pool on both sides but there will be no mixing of factions.

^^^^^
    Some text from the original post.
    So you are contradicting yourself by this very quote.

The idea itself is to make Alliance players, the faction itself, when the need arises, also consider as Horde.
    So you are admitting that the system only lets people go horde when need ARISES, as in, when there aren't enough people in the horde-side queue to meet the demand on the alliance-side? And by virtue of that, you are admitting that Mercenary mode wont work on horde because no such NEED ARISES on the contrary when you queue as a horde?

It means only Alliance players will show as Horde players due to the simple fact that this is the side the system is meant to benefit. Hordes never had issues queuing in battlegrounds.

So if the system is left AS IT IS but hordes can do the same, they would NEVER be put in a battleground as an alliance due to the simple M A T H behind how the system was invented to work.

If you want to GVG as horde, suggest like, idk - custom premade battlegrounds? rated battlegrounds? Mercenary mode has NOTHING to do with what you are trying to achieve as it is an entirely different system that people just HAPPEN to be utilizing to attempt to GVG as alliance.

10. If you want to GVG as horde, suggest like, idk - custom premade battlegrounds? rated battlegrounds? Mercenary mode has NOTHING to do with what you are trying to achieve as it is an entirely different system that people just HAPPEN to be utilizing to attempt to GVG as alliance.
    Alright dude! You're catching on!
    Asking for custom premade battlegrounds, sounds like a long shot to me.. don't you agree?
    If Alliance is using Merc mode to GVG themselves and it works fine... then just enable it for Horde!

It would work just as you described in your first post, before you realized you had no idea how it actually works lawl.
    So in essence, you're here wasting your time..

The issue here, since the OP, has nothing to do with actual battlegrounds. It has everything to do with GVG, so leave the BG math out of it. We all know there's more Alliance in ques most of the time, if not all the time... and no one here cares.

We just want to make two groups (same faction) , 10-15 people in each, and que a specific BG. When a Specific BG number pops for both groups (Warsong Gulch #3), both groups enter, and now they can face each other.

It's pretty simple, Alliance does it all day long, and Horde can't do it.

11. Alright dude! You're catching on!
    Asking for custom premade battlegrounds, sounds like a long shot to me.. don't you agree?
    If Alliance is using Merc mode to GVG themselves and it works fine... then just enable it for Horde!

It would work just as you described in your first post, before you realized you had no idea how it actually works lawl.
    So in essence, you're here wasting your time..

The issue here, since the OP, has nothing to do with actual battlegrounds. It has everything to do with GVG, so leave the BG math out of it. We all know there's more Alliance in ques most of the time, if not all the time... and no one here cares.

We just want to make two groups (same faction) , 10-15 people in each, and que a specific BG. When a Specific BG number pops for both groups (Warsong Gulch #3), both groups enter, and now they can face each other.

It's pretty simple, Alliance does it all day long, and Horde can't do it.
    I... I guess I gotta speak science to you so you actually understand...

NOW do you see?

First 123