1. May 27, 2021  

Horde mercenary mode

Can we get mercenary mode on horde already? I'm sick of seeing ally guilds doing 10v10 every night while we're here on horde getting cucked. The change is not that hard to make and people would be more inclined to play horde and reduce the faction imbalance. It's an easy fix to a problem that a lot of people suffer from. Also this is NOT about queue times, it's just about the fact that the content that some players enjoy the most is limited to one faction for no reason at all.

2. May 27, 2021  
    You already got it man, My Account > Settings > Tick Merc mode

3. May 27, 2021  
    I said HORDE, it only works on alliance at the moment

4. May 27, 2021  
    I said HORDE, it only works on alliance at the moment
    It works only on Alliance atm because only Horde needs more people on their side to make queues faster.
    What you want is completely mixed BGs which a lot of the people would be against.

5. May 27, 2021  
    Having it on horde would not slow down queues, and I don't see why people wouldn't want to have "completely mixed bg's" as you say.
    If it's about faction lore well merc mode is optional anyway, of it's about queue times I don't see how it would slow it down, at worst it'll have no effect on it.
    What I ask for here is for the dozens of people that would enjoy queuing against eachother on horde to be able to do so.
    It's completely unfair that alliance players can organize 10v10 against eachother to practice and we can't.

6. May 28, 2021  
    Having it on horde would not slow down queues, and I don't see why people wouldn't want to have "completely mixed bg's" as you say.
    If it's about faction lore well merc mode is optional anyway, of it's about queue times I don't see how it would slow it down, at worst it'll have no effect on it.
    What I ask for here is for the dozens of people that would enjoy queuing against eachother on horde to be able to do so.
    It's completely unfair that alliance players can organize 10v10 against eachother to practice and we can't.
    I dont think you understood me, the merc mode is kinda an option to fill up the spots on the side with less players, that means that if the horde has less players queuing the horde will get mercs, if the alliance get less players queuing, the alliance gets mercs. So technically you have it, it just doesnt work the way you want it to work

7. May 29, 2021  
    The fact that people would try to have that change NOT get implemented when it doesn't even concern them really bothers me. The main thing I do in this game, the main thing I enjoy is premade vs premade PVP content. I want to play horde AND I want to be able to queue against my friends on horde in WSG/EOTS so I can do the content I like.
    I'm gonna dumb it down even more:
    ==> Alliance can do something, Horde can't, it's unfair, solving problem is easy, just add merc mode for horde.

Also the server gains from it because literally 100 pvp'ers left horde last week to join alliance and do 10v10 against other people that had previously left horde for the same reason. FIX THE PVP PLEASE IT'S EASY!!!

8. May 31, 2021  
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2980370
    We will not be mixing Horde or Alliance together, there is no mixing of factions.

9. May 31, 2021  
    OK but give a valid reason as to why Horde cannot have mercenary mode too? I'm genuinely curious

10. June 1, 2021  
    And why should it be?
    Mercenary mode therefore exists due to the smaller number of hordes pvp, if it will be on both sides then don't need a mercenary mode at all, because there is no purpose.
    It all smells to me how the mercenary mode started to be set up and that’s what you would like, an easy win?

11. June 1, 2021  
    Or remove mercenary mode completely, so alliance will get longer queues ---> people who want faster que will go horde ----> queue on alliance get faster ------> overall more balanced numbers and real hordes, and not tauren shadowmelding/bugged pvp achievements/other dumb collateral damages anymore.

12. June 1, 2021  
    yeah I think merc mode ruined the pvp balance on the server, and I think it should be removed completely. However since warmane won't do that the next best thing is to have it on both factions so that it is fair.

also please, "if it will be on both sides then don't need a mercenary mode at all, because there is no purpose."
    ==> WRONG, merc mode would still be reducing queue times regardless of whether it's alliance only or for both factions.

13. June 2, 2021  
    u rly dont get how it works?
    its not for u to pick who u want to fight, having it on durrde would do nuttin u wouldnt fight ur budies
    its only for low q times nothing else
    unless durrde got more ppl in q than alliance to get huge q times u would still stay on durrde side 4ever n durrde wit more ppl in q aint happening lol
    not having it on durrde is just cuz its pointless theres no prob in durrde q times to be fixd

14. June 2, 2021  
    The mercenary mode IS created for the horde side. This mode allows alliance players to fill the BG brackets on the horde for faster que's etc. And yes it's true, we in Iron Alliance are doing mixed 15man or 10 man for 5 straight days, 2-4 battles per day. It is what it is, the population on horde is rapidly declining, you can't have merc mode on horde, it's for battlegrounds, not strictly for gvg's. I suppose you won't play 15v15 or 10v10 for 24 hours, that's why horde can't have merc mode. We are using it for gvg's, while others don't, they just queue solo to avoid waiting. One more time, merc mode will never work on the horde side, there are not much players there to begin with.
    Edited: June 2, 2021

15. June 2, 2021  
    if it's pointless why is everyone against it being implemented on horde? if it doesn't make a difference to you it's fine but it does to me and every other person that does group pvp content on horde. Wtf is wrong with people advocating so strongly against merc mode on horde. If you don't do mixed 10v10 and 15v15, it will change nothing for you, if you do, you could do it on horde as well !
    I don't care that merc mode was not meant for people to queue against their buddies, they're doing it now, and they do it every single day. They have access to fun content that we on horde do not.

As of now, I have yet to see ONE valid argument as to why there shouldn't be merc mode on horde other than "uwuwu it's pointless".
    It's not pointless to me.

123 Last