1. May 29, 2021  

Which class is better for Shadowmourne?

Hello everyone, I want to return to the game with a new character. Some guides say that for paladins the Glorenzelg High-Blade of the Silver Hand is better than the Shadowmourne weapon in BGs and World pvp. Is this true?

I'll play Death Knight or Paladin but I haven't decided yet.

Thanks.

2. May 30, 2021  
    No idea how glorenzelg could be better than smourne, maybe vs high agility rogue/hunter, but still its doubtful.
    Warrior benefit the most of smourne, then paladin and dk is the last one, no LK weapon can match the smourne's huge amount of str, it's nearly same as additional berserker enchant with 100% uptime.
    Edited: May 30, 2021

3. May 30, 2021  
    If I were you and deciding between DK and Paladin, I'd get it on the DK simply because on Paladin you can go the hybrid/1h+shield ret which is superior or at least on par for most cases.

4. May 30, 2021  
    If you play Shadowmourne your best main hand character is Warrior

5. May 31, 2021  
    If you want to roll shadowmourne and for bgs with idea you will pwn noobs .Stay away from warrior if you don't have pocket healer.
    Paladin is kinda bad *** appt self heals and tons of goodies like hands of prot, freedom,sac,ECT for your self and your team as well as you can sort of heal in very extreme case's.
    UH dk it's a beast of a class if you play it well xD.

6. May 31, 2021  
    guys it's very hard to play Warrior so I will definitely play Paladin or Death Knight.

What I'm really curious about is the Glorenzelg High-Blade of the Silver Hand, which is 23 coins for the paladin, how much less damage this weapon does than the Shadowmourne weapon, which has 150 coins.

thanks to everyone who replied.

7. May 31, 2021  
    Was not 25hc polarm better then that sword for paladin?

And don't think diffrence is THAt huge from if SM and regular hc wepon : /.

Also I wouldn't rush with that sword just yet do research on what's best for a Paladin maybe try Paladin forum section.

8. May 31, 2021  
    Only advantage now that Glorenzelg has over Oathbinder is transmog options.

9. May 31, 2021  
    Dont know about PvE, but PvP wise is Warr > Ret > DK

10. June 1, 2021  
    Maybe in arena not in BG setting. @Turbolqk .

11. June 1, 2021  
    What I'm really curious about is the Glorenzelg High-Blade of the Silver Hand, which is 23 coins for the paladin, how much less damage this weapon does than the Shadowmourne weapon, which has 150 coins.
    Weapon dmg between those weapons is equal. Smourne proc is comparable to a extra blessing of might buff.
    My estimation is that Smourne deals around 10% more dmg.
    If you have a total of 150 coins to spend then getting Glorezelg and 5 other BiS items is a bigger improvement than Smourne.
    If you want to be completly BiS one day then I'd get Smourne straight away.

12. June 1, 2021  
    Weapon dmg between those weapons is equal. Smourne proc is comparable to a extra blessing of might buff.
    My estimation is that Smourne deals around 10% more dmg.
    If you have a total of 150 coins to spend then getting Glorezelg and 5 other BiS items is a bigger improvement than Smourne.
    If you want to be completly BiS one day then I'd get Smourne straight away.
    Thank you, that's the answer I was looking for.

So, do you think Sword is better or Polearm?

13. June 2, 2021  
    Maybe in arena not in BG setting. @Turbolqk .
    That is correct.

A good alternative to Shadowmourne for DK's is Bryntroll. The proc deals around 8% of your damage, if you're lucky - 10-15%. It's good vs plate & mail armor, while also strong vs cloth & leather and It heals you!

14. June 2, 2021  
    Thank you, that's the answer I was looking for.

So, do you think Sword is better or Polearm?
    The Sword is better for PvP purpose.
    If you wanna do PvE as well then get the polearm.