1. June 4, 2021  

Whats wrong with ret palas?

I'm not sure but it seems that retri spec on our server is kinda broken. I mean, on other servers palas do much more dmg in raids with similar equip. But its not all. The most obvious thing is a PvP, with dmg in this spec to be precise: I've never seen so many hybrid prot-ret palas in PvP like here, on Warmane. I told with several palas and they noticed that too, that a normal retri spec pala on this server do much less dmg than retri on other servers and people has no choise but do hybrid spec. Is it an obvious bug with palas or me and other palas I've told with not right? Servers that i talking about not one-day-living scrapyards, admins fixing them well too, as our Warmane... But I don't know, there's something not right

2. June 4, 2021  
    From my point of view, rets have more burst then hybrids
    Hybrids have around same sustain dmg, but they also have ****loads of heals, since they have more AOW procs cos of the weapon speed.
    Plus (i no speak for you, don't know you) a lot of rets play @kikoolol-omg-i-clic-where-there-is-light, and are not able do exploit their burst capacities. On the contrary there are lots of good rets that know how to exploit their burst capacities (mote of anger, procs, etc.)

3. June 5, 2021  
    Ret dmg seems fine to me. Ret was never supposed to be a top dmg dealer in raids. The only reason their dmg used to be so high is because they had plenty of positive bugs for years.
    In fact their dmg should be on par with other supporters such as Enh Shamis.

4. Your damage mostly comes of from divine storm resets. Now this is a tricky one. Sometimes it resets after each attack and sometimes doesn't. I noticed that when I get many resets in a row my dps goes a lot high up.

5. ...In fact their dmg should be on par with other supporters such as Enh Shamis
    Rets should be way above enh shamans.
    Ret paladins dmg should be on par with MM hunters(4th/5th place) behind Warriors,Rogues and Mages.

Your damage mostly comes of from divine storm resets. Now this is a tricky one. Sometimes it resets after each attack and sometimes doesn't. I noticed that when I get many resets in a row my dps goes a lot high up.
    Rets dmg is mixed.

As for pvp pure ret dmg should be above hybrid paladins.

6. Lol, nice joke. Ret being on par with MM hunt possible only if MM hunt is bad. I dunno why it hurts players pride to admit that Rets are boosted class in WotLK expansion that allows to pull out great dmg while having least stat caps among other classes and having ridiculously easy skill rotation in comparision to lots of other classes that have to:
    1. Get stat caps
    2. Manage resources
    3. Keep raid and personal debuffs up
    4. Play rotation like piano

But i do agree, claiming that DS is main source of Ret dmg is mark of not so good Ret. Main dmg comes from seal + AA and judgements

7. Are you seriously suggesting rets don't have enough burst in pvp? The reason there's so many hybrids is because there's an insane amount of melee players on Warmane (mostly down to SM), which makes hybrids superior.

8. Lol, nice joke. Ret being on par with MM hunt possible only if MM hunt is bad. I dunno why it hurts players pride to admit that Rets are boosted class in WotLK expansion that allows to pull out great dmg while having least stat caps among other classes and having ridiculously easy skill rotation in comparision to lots of other classes that have to:
    1. Get stat caps
    2. Manage resources
    3. Keep raid and personal debuffs up
    4. Play rotation like piano

But i do agree, claiming that DS is main source of Ret dmg is mark of not so good Ret. Main dmg comes from seal + AA and judgements
    Is this supposed to be a troll post? Barely anything in there makes any sense. Back to the drawing board with you. lol

9. Makes perfect sense to me,
    Never paid attention to "specific DPS rankings compared to other classes", but ret is quite high DPS, above average for sure. Even higher when it's multi target like ghouls and stuff.

Ret doesn't feel that much impact with missing hit or exp caps, but it's still a loss. Now compare that with something like frost DK, when you miss one special your diseases expire and it all goes to gutter.

Meanwhile retris have other things to keep attention to, so their "rotation" is quite simple and plays relatively small part from all damage done. Support spec, even if the "supporting" is short and in specific times, they have to have attention on that at all times.

What is retris auto attack slice of damage pie? like 70% of all damage is from auto attacks.

What does not make any sense there, I'm confused.

10. Rets should be way above enh shamans.
    Ret paladins dmg should be on par with MM hunters(4th/5th place) behind Warriors,Rogues and Mages.
    BiS geared Enh does comparable dmg to a ret paly.
    Enh requires significant more skill and most ppl don't know how to gear and play it properly.

11. funny, on blackrock the amount of palas clearly seems to indicate quite the opposite.

12. June 7, 2022  
    yeah just go watch videos of retail ret palys like Hofflerand or Tehseus from 2009 on warcraftmovies where they hit judgements in full s6 gear just as hard as youre hitting in full s8 gear on this server
    correct me if i'm wrong, but seal of righteousness judgements are supposed to be the main single target bursting spell (at least according to what i remember from retail wotlk)
    on the other hand we probably can't compare warmane experience with wrath back in the days gearwise when you maybe saw one player every few weeks wielding shadow mourne plus having full wrathful gear but still something seems fishy about retribution spec and so many other things
    kind regards

13. June 7, 2022  
    Seems like a lot of Ret gear has Armor Pen on it, but is that even of any use to a Ret with all their Holy damage?

14. June 7, 2022  
    yeah just go watch videos of retail ret palys like Hofflerand or Tehseus from 2009 on warcraftmovies where they hit judgements in full s6 gear just as hard as youre hitting in full s8 gear on this server
    correct me if i'm wrong, but seal of righteousness judgements are supposed to be the main single target bursting spell (at least according to what i remember from retail wotlk)
    on the other hand we probably can't compare warmane experience with wrath back in the days gearwise when you maybe saw one player every few weeks wielding shadow mourne plus having full wrathful gear but still something seems fishy about retribution spec and so many other things
    kind regards
    Resilience formula was changed between launch and 3.3.5. Launch resilience was dog****.

Seems like a lot of Ret gear has Armor Pen on it, but is that even of any use to a Ret with all their Holy damage?
    Around 40% of ret's damage is still physical,and some bis pieces just have arp on it. You can't really avoid it but its obviously not worth gunning for directly.