1. June 4, 2021  

Question about Warmane policies:

I was just IP banned from some ****ty server for not backing down when arguing against the SJW ideology and stating that it's damaging society. An IP ban for a political stance.. yea. I was wondering if Warmane did IP bans or just account bans, and what can cause an IP ban over just an account ban?
    Edited: June 4, 2021 Reason: Clarification/Grammar

2. June 4, 2021  
    Warmane doesn't do IP bans. Roughest ban you'll get is perma ban on account - botting and 3rd time you break the same rule.
    You should be fine ****posting about SJWs on global here as long as you don't push it too far.

3. June 4, 2021  

4. June 4, 2021  
    Hey, OP, I'd like say a few words. Basically, it all boils to how and where you express your opinion on the matter. Let's look at the following cases:

I. Having an objective discussion in the game

Regardless how sensitive some individuals might be or how offended they might become after reading your comments, as long as you criticise sjw-behaviour in a peaceful matter, and it's obvious that you try to have a meaningful discussion, you shouldn't worry about anything. At least in that regard, there's a freedom of speech here. That said, don't expect to face like-minded people. Don't expect to meet educated debaters, that would respond to your points with objective counterarguments of their own.

II. Discussing sjw ideology in warmane's unofficial discord server

Ok, here I must admit that I don't know for sure whether it's allowed to bring political discussions there. If there's a subtag, where it's allowed to talk about such things, then good for the enthusiasts out there.

But I'll stick to my gut feeling and say that you shouldn't express your thoughts regarding sjw ideology in that platform, simply because it's not intended for such discussions. It doesn't matter how tame your comments/intentions are, there's a chance that the discussion would derail horribly, which would inevitably lead to people offending one another. Look, I also have my personal opinion against transexuals and the gender fluid propaganda, which is popular nowadays, but as conservative as I am I wouldn't bring it up in channels that don't allow sensitive topics, but are only related to pure entertainment (gaming, music, films, ficton literature, art etc). I myself would ban people, who try to stir the conversation in a direction that isn't related to the actual intention of the said channel.

So, if you try to talk about your opinion in warmane's unofficial discord channel, I'd say that it won't be allowed. Once again, this is just my assumption. I could stand corrected.

III. **** posting (making humourful statements) in /trade or global chats

This is a tricky scenario, because it all boils down to what exactly you say. But enough with the general statements; it's time for some examples:

Currently, I play on the Frostmourne realm on the side of the Horde. In the past few days, there were some individuals who either included the n-word in their nickname ("**** **********), or they repeated it 9840597489843 times in their spam posts. One of these guys said something in the lines of "If you don't like my name, then you are racist." Long story short, these guys were banned for 1 day and someone was even banned for 20.

But let me give you a different example. Last year on the side of the Alliance, there was a group of individuals who loved to ****-post every now and then (God bless them, btw; the entertainment they provided was much appreciated). One day out of the blue they decided to **** talk Bulgarians. However, they didn't make tasteless jokes in the lines of "****y/poor country", "trash people" etc, but these guys were a bit more creative. They used stereotypical beliefs that are typically related to a certain minority, but they used that stereotype and portrayed the entire Bulgarian nation with it. I'm kinda mad that I didn't write down all of the jokes, but here's one of them that I can remember:

"Attention all jewelcrafters. Hide your http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=20816, cuz Bulgarians are here to steal it."

The hyperbole of such statements was too absurd for them to be taken seriously. Imho, this is a good example of **** posting. People are mixing cultural beliefs (historical events are also good) with aspects of the game and sprinkle some literature tropes all over their jokes. All of this is brilliant, and it doesn't scream "ban me" to the warmane GMs. In other words, if you try to **** post, you are better off doing the second thing.

Spoiler: Show
    Since we are talking about ****-posting, I'd like to share some videos which I find as masterpieces:

Warmane doesn't do IP bans. Roughest ban you'll get is perma ban on account - botting and 3rd time you break the same rule.
    You should be fine ****posting about SJWs on global here as long as you don't push it too far.
    But what about this:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=422169

There was a guy, who redesigned DBM, that supposedly acknowledged the actual boss timers on FM, but he added a malicious code. As you can see, he had been banned "on all of his accounts". Then again, that's an extreme case that deserved a harsh punishment, so maybe IP banning isn't that common.
    Edited: June 5, 2021 Reason: forgot to mention "discord" in the 2nd point

5. June 5, 2021  
    So, if one says that sjw should be shot on sight, not as a joke or insult,but as a personal opinion, you wouldn't get banned?
    Asking for a friend.

6. June 5, 2021  
    So, if one says that sjw should be shot on sight, not as a joke or insult,but as a personal opinion, you wouldn't get banned?
    Asking for a friend.
    If you are asking me, then I think that the answer would be quite simple:

The GMs would probably take it as a joke and don't punish the person, who said it. VVhy? That's because on a forum post or in the game chat, we don't say things out loud. VVord accent and tone can't be expressed in writing form (you can see the different types of non-verbal communication here: https://www.verywellmind.com/types-o...cation-2795397), so everything we post can be interpretated differently.

[edit] Then again, someone was banned for an unappropriate nickname, so it's also possible that some GMs would ban people who say what you said above. I guess it all depends on the person in charge.

Reference:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=431412
    Edited: June 5, 2021

7. June 5, 2021  
    So, if my friend thinks that that kind of people who force their beliefs on others, telling what's normal and how things should be, thinking they are the ones who define what's right and wrong, should be shot, is banable? Or should he just go with mainstream opinions and definitions of what's right and wrong and live long and prosper?

8. June 5, 2021  
    So, if my friend thinks that that kind of people who force their beliefs on others, telling what's normal and how things should be, thinking they are the ones who define what's right and wrong, should be shot, is banable? Or should he just go with mainstream opinions and definitions of what's right and wrong and live long and prosper?
    Again, it all depends on how and where "your friend" says such stuff. It also depends on the person in charge. Read my first post on this thread!

As you already know, only extreme cases of harassment lead to bans. Oftentimes, the most common advice is to /ignore offensive individuals. It was said multiple times before that GMs have much more important things than spanking naughty children for saying something offensive in /trade or /global chat. If they continue to persist with their non-productive troll statements (regardless if those were meant as jokes or were legit serious), then bans could be issued [the modal verb "could" expresses possibility/probability]. As I've said above, in the past couple of days people were banned for racism, and the duration was significantly harsher for the second violation. Since I am neither a GM, nor I work for warmane, my opinion doesn't matter whether those guys should be banned. In my first post, I just stated what OP could expect for sharing his opinion regarding spicy topics in this server.
    Edited: June 5, 2021

9. June 5, 2021  
    Nope it's not, it's even written in the law, wishing someone to death or even speaking about it is not illegal, threatning is though.
    About racism, calling someone the N word is not illegal either, but it's less tolerable ( then wishing someone to death wierdly...)
    I quote the old saying "Think before you speak".

10. June 5, 2021  
    I would expect that kind of posts would be deleted, maybe with a warning on the side.
    Saying X should be shot over A, B, or C reasons isn't something you should say over the internet.

What is Radicalization and extremism?
    This process of persuasion or coercion is known as radicalization. If a person or group decides that fear, terror and violence are justified to try to achieve radical ideological, political or social change, and then acts accordingly, this may be considered violent extremism or terrorism.
    Do note this kind of topic could possibly attract hive minded individuals, and with the topic's already questionable intent, it would most likely end up locked real quick.

SJW-hate won't go far, as that usually gets heated up "discussions".

We all can talk about SJW ideologies and what not, but spewing hate won't be tolerated. You'll know when you've gone too far when your posts begins to disappear. If your posts disappear, it's a sign for you to cool down a bit and re-think what you've posted, and if you should post it ever again.

11. June 5, 2021  
    Hmmmm i had IP ban but it was for a Warmane website.
    I could play game no problems but could not use website.
    I could log on but that's it.It would say this acc IP have been terminated ECT ECT .

12. June 5, 2021  
    We actually ban VPN ip's that are caught botting. Just clarifying in case this guy end up using it. :P