1. June 4, 2021  

How the new anti-afk system is disrupting/ruining bgs

Hello,

I will try to briefly explain and prove why I think the newly implemented anti afk system for bgs is majorly flawed and should be removed for the time being and re-added when it is better developed.

My suggestion for improvement would be: make it different for every BG. You can't have the same debuff time for both WSG and AV.
    The map is just too big and the reports happen too fast. It can be a long time untill you're in a fight if you're not with your team from the beggining. In one instance i had just joined an AV match and my team was already preparing for the boss fight, camping the enemy team in their base gy. Unfortunately i did not get to make it to the fight, as i got AFK flagged and kicked during the time I had to travel the whole map, from my base to theirs.

Another time i was being GY farmed in AV and everytime I died my AFK 1 minute debuff would get refreshed, giving me no choice but to have to keep reviving and getting killed over and over again. I tried to walk to a different GY but realised it was too far so I gave up and left.

https://imgur.com/a/CpUZXqa

Take a look at the screenshots above that i took of this incident. Make sure to look at the debuff timer as well as the clock and resources to determine how much time has passed since the last screenshot.

Bugs like these also happened to me on Isle of Conquest and Strand of the Ancients.

I think this system is a good idea, but i also think that in the state of it right now, it can be disruptive to gameplay fairly often for you and your team. This system works like it's intended like a quarter of the time. Most of the time it doesn't work at all, and the other most of the time it is bugged in ways like these.

What does everyone else this of this subject?

2. June 5, 2021  
    This must be a dream come true for graveyard campers.

3. June 5, 2021  
    Because a lot of people complained that people just go AFK as a ghost and wait the whole BG out instead of trying to walk to another graveyard.
    People would just simply give up after the first clash, ruining the whole bg for everyone else.

4. June 5, 2021  
    This system is made bye people who don't actually play the game it self.
    Problem with afking is no where nearly as bad as loud minority claim to be outside of gy farming.
    Only problem it solves is as mentioned above,if you farm players then you get fresh meat for the grinder all time.(80 hk wsg is nothing new nowadays) and not becouse horde put up incredible fight everytime.But becouse we get to wipe gy over and over again.
    Where before they would stop resurrecting and we would have to cap and end BG fast.
    Where is the problem?
    You join now 3d game in row and you face premade group and instead of all wating 2-5min for enemy team to end BG and earn extra honor you wait waste 20 ish min becouse of warmane character trade gladiators giving their loud oppinion's on problems that don't rly exist.
    And don't get me wrong,for me eavn on solo que it's more of a blessing as i get more hks from small bgs my self,it's just that not everyone likes to get hk stats.
    And getting kicked just because you get debuff and it ends 5sec before spirit healer rez so off you go with 15min break...i mean sure....why not.
    Yet at the end of the day it's not reaaaaallly that bad as some may paint it,sure it's anoyng at times but that's just it.Anoyng nothing more.

5. June 5, 2021  
    Problem with afking is no where nearly as bad as loud minority claim to be outside of gy farming.
    AV, WSG, IOC, almost allways ends up with graveyard farming, in some cases even EOTS, Only SOA and AB usually can avoid it.
    Ever tried playing low geared BG's? the difference is astronomical, same thing in Retail, where people progressing gear, the fights are much more even.
    This topic has been a hot potato for years, it's not a "loud minority" of players, the only people who thrives with this is the premade group of tryhard pvpers.
    AFK as a ghost to let the enemy team win faster has become such a big thing, People give up after first clash, it's been "normalized" and it's not the way the game should be played, not only that but it ruins the experience for those who tries to do something about it.
    Warmane dosen't really involve themselves with "player made problems" unless it's gone too far, because staying "Blizzlike" has allways been somewhat important, no one likes a funserver, but to some extent can you not have that with such a huge population of BiS players, players are the developers worst nightmare sometimes, cause they push the game so far and try new things that becomes the "new meta" so warmane has to take action against that, again, to some extent.

6. June 5, 2021  
    Giving up after the first encounter usually is becouse other team is so one sided better that what you have on your team,that there's nothing in your power to do about it.
    Exept waste more time bye getting one shoted

7. June 5, 2021  
    90% of rbg i log as horde i must slack bcs i play vs premade and now i see this " How the new anti-afk system is disrupting/ruining bgs " bet on from ali player bcs battleground pvp is here ruined for long time.
    I dont get why whole guilds can change from horde to ali, i mean they are *****s nvm but why the hell cant warmane stop horde change to ali at this point
    Loging bgs with horde char is pointless and noone cares about

i have never seen so unbalanced pvp like here

8. June 5, 2021  
    So if you're ready to just give up after the first death, why not just leave the bg ? Why waste the spot and wait in ghost form ? Let other people join the bg and the team, people that actually want to play.

Just like rdf. You don't want to play ? It's easy, you can leave the group and let someone else join in your place.

You don't want to play the bg ? Leave.

"Oh but if i leave i get deserter booo hooo". GOOD.

Get farmed or get deserter.

9. June 5, 2021  
    So if you're ready to just give up after the first death, why not just leave the bg ? Why waste the spot and wait in ghost form ? Let other people join the bg and the team, people that actually want to play.

Just like rdf. You don't want to play ? It's easy, you can leave the group and let someone else join in your place.

You don't want to play the bg ? Leave.

"Oh but if i leave i get deserter booo hooo". GOOD.

Get farmed or get deserter.
    the problem is that bugs like these which are very common force me to be useless. I cant go to another gy and actually play, i have no choice but to get farmed or get kicked.

10. June 6, 2021  
    Faction change is not anymore as big as problem as it use to be when there was no mercenary mode.
    But i think it's almost too late to turn it off for horde.
    Alliance are starting to show glimpse of potential force in av and isale too(we already if we chose so can clean small bgs with ease) and only guild atm that i can think on horde that can show any fight are puffas as wtf i personally don't see a lot in bgs and Idc avoid alliance bgs when they see it's some kind of premade mostly.

I think if alliance keeps gaining ground on av and isale rest of BG heroes will switch to blue team leaving horde with farm content mostly in BG scene.And with Merc mode i don't see a real reason to switch back.
    Atm i believe it's fine since horde still owns av mostly but for how long.

11. June 8, 2021  
    "This system is made bye people who don't actually play the game it self."

^Exactly... This is to top up the current imbalance where you get qued as horde vs 4-5 at average BR players (full pvp gear), Therefore you get camped on the GY, you dont want to res for the obvious reasons and guess what getting finished by the Anti AFK.

Not sure if they even considered such scenario. (which at present is common...)

12. June 8, 2021  
    course they know its meant to be like that lol
    you (not u, the you dude) gets it
    u go in a bg to fight not to wait as a ghost to lose
    u getting gy camped? cry me a river either suck it up or leave if its hopeless
    i bet more than half the ppl who cry about that wanted to b carried nway