1. Loot drama

Hello There
    I've just led an Icc 25 raid , and a certain trinket dropped , Bauble of True Blood , the healing trinket , when i'm distributing loot i'm trying to keep it as fair as possible , main spec is always the role they have played with (unless they changed it before raid , which is not the case for this pug run) .
    I have called a roll for it and i ended up giving it to a healing priest who won with the highest roll among the healers , then a certain warlock also rolled (which i said he had no right as off spec to do so) and ''won'' with the higher roll saying it was a pvp trinket and he has priority over it in that regard , now i'm not and end player or anything to know every single niche aspect of every single item so i just fallowed the simple raid distributing rules
    He got very angry , left my raid and started insulting my family and said he and his 50 guild buddies will file endless reports to get me perma banned on this server , even tough the rest of the raid we were in said i was doing the right thing .
    This kinda left me confused , so i wanna know if i've made the right decision or if i deserve punishment

2. 1) I have no knowledge of pvp itemization (or pvp in general), but it sounds like you haven't done anything wrong. MS>OS, which also includes pvp in the latter category. I mean, I can't imagine a pvp spec contributing to a raid and only collecting all pvp-relevant gear pieces...Like, what? I can't understand how that warlock would become upset about that.

2) So, don't expect to be banned. However, for the sake of discussion, I would like to clarify something. Even if you had broken the rules, the report needed to have full proof of your wrong doing:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2651922

And the first violation would have granted you a 60-day ban. It wouldn't have mattered how many people had filed that report, the duration wouldn't have changed. In fact, if an entire guild had submitted tickets, they'd have done more bad than good in that case. They would've just created extra work for the GMs, because most likely they would have not had any proof to support their accusations.

[edit] I just googled that trinket. I remember how my former Icecrown Guild Leader said something about this being used in PVP. However, I still don't think that you did the wrong thing. PVE > PVP unless explicitly stated at the start of the raid.
    Edited: June 14, 2021 Reason: adding the correct subjunctive mood of some verbs

3. 1) I have no knowledge of pvp itemization (or pvp in general), but it sounds like you haven't done anything wrong. MS>OS, which also includes pvp in the latter category. I mean, I can't imagine a pvp spec contributing to a raid and only collecting all pvp-relevant gear pieces...Like, what? I can't understand how that warlock would become upset about that.

2) So, don't expect to be banned. However, for the sake of discussion, I would like to clarify something. Even if you had broken the rules, the report needed to have full proof of your wrong doing:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2651922

And the first violation would have granted you a 60-day ban. It doesn't matter how many people file that report, the duration wouldn't change. In fact, if an entire guild submits tickets, they'd do more bad than good in that case. They would just create extra work for the GMs, because they would most likely not have any proof to support their accusations.

[edit] I just googled that trinket. I remember how my former Icecrown Guild Leader said something about this being used in PVP. However, I still don't think that you did the wrong thing. PVE > PVP unless explicitly stated at the start of the raid.
    Everything you said is correct except the first ninja looting ban in raids is 30 days, not 60.
    You did the right thing OP.

4. Everything you said is correct except the first ninja looting ban in raids is 30 days, not 60.
    You did the right thing OP.
    60 days.

Originally Posted by Aldtharios
    If a VALID report was submitted, an In-Game Staff member will look into the matter and suspend ninja's account for 60 days (current expansion raids), 5 days (current expansion dungeons / old raids) or 2 days (old content dungeons). Ban length increases with repeated incidents per account.
    Source: Reporting Players [Updated: May 22, 2020]

5. Used to be 30 days first time you break it. Guess they updated it 2 weeks ago?

6. Used to be 30 days first time you break it. Guess they updated it 2 weeks ago?
    A friend of mine got banned recently for ninja looting in raids. He got a 60-day ban as a first violation. FYI

I don't know when the GMs decided to extend the ban period [mby during the time, when the post was updated, dunno], but this is the actual one.
    Edited: June 14, 2021

7. Used to be 30 days first time you break it. Guess they updated it 2 weeks ago?
    "Edited: 2 Weeks Ago"

Most likely so. I remember making a post roughly two weeks ago (time is loosey-goosey), learned in the process it's been updated to 60 days.

8. "Ninja Raid" has been 60 days ban for 5 years at least.
    SS from 2016: https://i.imgur.com/XbIp2FW.jpg

It may become around 30 days thanks to ban appeal
    Edited: June 14, 2021