1. The main thing is desire!

2. Hello

I played for a long time on warmane, I decided a few week ago to totaly stop because I was not able to control my gaming time. I gave all my gold to friends, deleted item and character

but i'm still addicted, I still want to play this game :(

HAve you guys already felt addicted by this game? Did u decide to stop? Try to control your gaming time?
    Honestly I been here since 09. I used to have serious problems with gaming when I was younger but as I got older I found myself only really getting addicted for maybe a month or two out of the year. Then I get bored and stop. The main thing is, you need other things going on in your life. You may be depressed and the only form of euphoric interaction you get is from warmane. Which sounds sad but in reality it's not. It's rather common. Video games were made to give you that dopamine rush. The problem stems from your real life issues or rather, lack of. You need more purpose in your life. More entertainment or more "progression". It's easy to fall in line and want to stay in this virtual world 24/7. It requires the bare minimum and you can become something greater far easier then you can irl. You also meet people in the same situation, being easier to relate to. Life is hard but it is something you must never give up and let get the best of you. It's hard to find appeal in it but once you do, your life will get easier and these addictions easier to kick.... Or perhaps im totally wrong and your situation is totally different from anything I said. Regardless, I hope the best for you!

3. The main reason you can't control the addiction to the game might have something to do with the fact that you have no purpose or goal in your life. Maybe there isn't anything you could do to find the accomplishment you wanted (or needed), maybe there isn't anything that could entertain you as much as playing WoW, or maybe you are surrounded people who shares no common interest with you, therefore you couldn't spend your time elsewhere, so you stuck to WoW. Sounds pretty pathetic, but those were what I went through back in my teenage years. Allow me to share a little.

I've been here since 2010, I was only 13 back then. I was an extreme introvert who enjoyed spending time alone a lot (I still do this day), so I rarely talk much to people at school. But that didn't stop me from making friends, thankfully, I still managed to make A LOT of friends at school. But the problem was, my friends just didn't share same interest as I do, they loved to hangout a lot just to chit chat about nonsense to kill time, while I enjoy spending my time quietly doing whatever I wanted. Even when it comes to games, we all have different taste. They find WoW to be boring as grinding and farming are part of the game and they were lazy to do so, while I find most of the games they play were too repetitive (Dota, Dota 2, HoN, etc), so I ended up spending almost all if not all of my free time to play WoW with my in-game friends.

WoW was so fun, it gave me so much joy, it made me happy. It was as if I were living 2 different lives, when it's school time I was I, when it's not school time I was just like my in-game characters. As time goes by, I became more hardcore and committed to the game as I was getting better at every aspect of the game, being the top dps in almost every raids, pawning tons of players in BGs, had tons of cool titles and achievements, all of these gave me the sense of accomplishment I needed as I really didn't know what could I do with my life back then, yep I was that lost back then. So I then contributed more and more hours into WoW because I felt productive and accomplished that way. I remember I told myself I'm probably gonna play WoW for the next decade, or decades, as I didn't have any other talent or skill and playing WoW is the only relevant stuff to me (how naive I was). So long story short, I played WoW for like 4-5 years straight until the Moltdown happen in... 2014? If I remember correctly. I was lucky that I didn't broke down and cry like a baby lol because the addiction slowly fades away in around 2013 due to I picked up a new interest and I wanted to focus on the "new interest" as well. But it was still hurt to know the fact that I would never get to log into my old toons anymore.

And then I proceeded with a bunch of other games... until I was like 20, when I had decided which career path to pursue, my addiction to WoW or other games in general, has gone. I don't have to urge to play the game just to feel accomplished anymore. I have tons of other stuffs that I need to deal with that are related to my day job, side hustle, and other interest. And it's worth to mention that, as I grow older, my circle gets to fill up with more people who I feel comfortable to hangout with, so I hangout and grab drinks with friends pretty often now.

With all this rant, what I think is you need something to get you going in your life. Try new things, discover your interests, you might discover your goal. Don't get me wrong, you can still play WoW. I returned to WoW in early 2020 due to the strong desire but quitted again after 3 months or so. I guess my desire for other stuffs is just stronger now.

All the best.

4. I stopped playing wow for 6 days now. Feels great honestly. I just cannot stand it anymore, everyday I have to log in to do raids with my guild and that feels like a damn job. I'm glad I quit. This thing is real.

5. The main reason you can't control the addiction to the game might have something to do with the fact that you have no purpose or goal in your life. Maybe there isn't anything you could do to find the accomplishment you wanted (or needed), maybe there isn't anything that could entertain you as much as playing WoW, or maybe you are surrounded people who shares no common interest with you, therefore you couldn't spend your time elsewhere, so you stuck to WoW. Sounds pretty pathetic, but those were what I went through back in my teenage years. Allow me to share a little.
    Don't play here anymore, made a quick acct to respond to that because I feel the only people who can give an accurate answer is from people that actually left WoW forever. Your mostly correct, but it's not "You have no purpose or goal in your life", for some the goal and purpose is to be gaming. There are media stories about people putting gaming ahead of jobs and education and the impact it has on their lives.

WoW Addiction is a poison that ruins lives for some. It's like smoking and hard to quit as it's almost impossible to get off of the game. From someone who got Perm Banned from Warmane, you first feel like you lost your characters and time invested into the game, next you redefine and think about other goals and what you want to do with your time. If curious I, went to hitting the Books for Pre-Dental, CC Courses, took the Exam and accepted to Dental School. Changed my value in life from gaming for fun towards good career --> Marriage --> Nice House --> Raising a Family --> Adventure and have Fun. Would prob still be playing here several years in the future as a 40 Year old Virgin

Unfortunately, my Advise for "Overcome the Addiction" is Good Luck with that.
    I tried everything and was lucky enough to receive the Stop your Addiction for Free Pass

First 12