1. Cant Need Items in Dungeon

Maybe this is a noob question, but any ideas why I can't need any loot in dungeon, only allows me to greed, saying that this item is not for my class, even though I think its a useful piece for my equipment.

2. You better read up on what kind of items your spec needs and general rules of dungeon looting. Before you get banned for ninja and go "omg not fair" etc

3. You better read up on what kind of items your spec needs and general rules of dungeon looting. Before you get banned for ninja and go "omg not fair" etc
    I am in no way saying "omg not fair" as you seem to be implying, I was simply asking a question. The option to "need" for an item was grey out, I'm simply asking why.

4. Because the item is not for you, even if it is "useful" or "better" than yours. You can talk with player who won, meybe he will give it to you.

What I was trying to say is, lots of players "think" and NEED on stuff / then they get banned / then they make topics how unfairly they got banned.

5. instance joined via "dungeon finder"?
    because: https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_3.3.0

3.3.0 patch: "The Need Before Greed loot system will be the unalterable default looting system for pick-up groups in the Dungeon Finder and has been updated.
    1. Need Before Greed will now recognize gear appropriate for a class in three ways: the class must be able to equip the item, pure melee will be unable to roll on spell power items, and classes are limited to their dominant armor type (ex. paladins for plate). All items will still be available via Greed rolls as well as the new Disenchant option should no member be able to use the item.
    2. Players will be able to roll on items with a required minimum level higher than a player's current level.

More info here: https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...?oldid=2360130

6. The "classes are limited to there dominant armor type" is the most annoying part.

Even worse if there is an echanter in the group. Always fun to see an upgrade turn into a splitter or chrystal :(

7. The "classes are limited to there dominant armor type" is the most annoying part.
    It's annoying when it hinders your own gear progression, but you love it when a shaman or a druid would want to roll for "your" cloth items.

8. exactly why this is ******ed system. even more when people disenchant the stuff so the guy can't trade it...

9. It's annoying when it hinders your own gear progression, but you love it when a shaman or a druid would want to roll for "your" cloth items.

These are not "my cloth items".
    Finding "your armor type" is often hard for resto/balance druids, shamans and holy paladins or the cloth items are just better than anything of "your armor type".
    But ofcourse clothies are limited to just cloth, so it's only fair that they get an Advantage when rolling for it.

But I just feel bad everytime an upgrade is disenchanted. The clothies don't Need or want the Item, but the druid healer looses the de/greed Roll against the rouge and the upgrade is literally turned into dust.

Maybe there should be an extra tier to rolling.

1st Need for armor Type

2nd Need for can use the stats on the item

3 greed and disenchant

10. Or you can just make your own group, split the loot in whatever way you see fit?

Which is more realistic?:
    1. Staff makes some extra rolling layers, work, bugs, even if it is possible,
    2. You use already existing mechanisms to play and get whatever loot you want, just exactly the way it was intended.

11. Or you can just make your own group, split the loot in whatever way you see fit?

Which is more realistic?:
    1. Staff makes some extra rolling layers, work, bugs, even if it is possible,
    2. You use already existing mechanisms to play and get whatever loot you want, just exactly the way it was intended.
    3. Communicating via existing means (chat).

"Hey guys, I can't need on cloth items, and my gear is weak. Could you perhaps pass/greed few cloth items instead of direct DE roll? We can sort possible disenchanting after roll(s)? "

12. These are not "my cloth items".
    Finding "your armor type" is often hard for resto/balance druids, shamans and holy paladins or the cloth items are just better than anything of "your armor type".
    But ofcourse clothies are limited to just cloth, so it's only fair that they get an Advantage when rolling for it.
    The reason cloth is more plentiful is because there are 3 classes that use that specific armor type. Meanwhile there is literally only one class for each of the other armor types that uses caster items of said armor type. Of course cloth is going to be more plentiful, the cloth-wearers have more competition for it.

In any case, this being an MMO, COMMUNICATION IS KEY.
    Capitalization for emphasis.

13. There's really no issue with this if you just speak with the people you play with, as the post above me says.

I am a druid heal and a cloth chest drops that no one needs:
    All 5 people greed. I ask the person who won the item if I can have it. He gives it to me. Voila

14. There's really no issue with this if you just speak with the people you play with, as the post above me says.

I am a druid heal and a cloth chest drops that no one needs:
    All 5 people greed. I ask the person who won the item if I can have it. He gives it to me. Voila
    the issue is that most people choose disenchant faster than you can type that you need it after it dropped. so try to tell people what you need before the boss

15. the issue is that most people choose disenchant faster than you can type that you need it after it dropped. so try to tell people what you need before the boss
    Then you have to get around the fact that the group will start *****ing at you for stopping for any longer than 2 seconds to write such a message to begin with. Not only that but by doing so you'll likely provoke their wrath and spite for wasting precious seconds of their life.

Sadly, you've got a better chance of getting items relying on dumb luck than the patience and generosity of group members. Group integrity itself has similar odds. I usually bump into a nice crowd every 20-30 dungeons- And by "nice" I mean people who won't rage at you for not starting the dungeon 3 seconds after spawning in.