1. [FOCUS] Problem with focus and bindings

[FOCUS] Problem with focus cast and binding

Hello fellas,

I brought here a problem that´s driving me mad. I’m not capable of solving it!
    You all very well know that the autocast default key is “Alt” meaning, when you have a different target that is not you, if you press “Alt + skill” you will cast it on your character. Well, this works whether you click on the ability with your mouse or you have binded the skill.

Everything goes well until that point, the problems in here:
    Focus cast (to cast on the target on focus you stablished) has not a default key. However, you can set one in  Interface>Combat>Focus cast.
    Nice, so I set the focus cast key to “Shift”, meaning I will need to press “shift + skill” to cast directly to the target of my focus.

The point is, there´s two ways of doing this:
    - You press “shift and click the skill with your mouse” well, THIS WORKS.
    - You press “shift + the binded key”, for example: “shift + R” to dispell, THIS DOES NOT WORK.

I´ve tried to solve this and I simply just can´t. I´ve reset everything to “default setting”, even re-downloaded the game, but there´s no way I can use “shift + binded key” to do this.

Has anyone ever had this problem?
    Does anybody know how to solve it?
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Didn´t I understand any mechanic?

Thank you in advance,
    Regards!

2. Don't know about specific cast focus key, but you can do that with macro smoothly and easily, without any weird built in Shift modifiers

/cast [nomod] dispel magic
    /cast [mod:shift, target=focus] dispel magic
    /cast [mod:alt, target=player] dispel magic
    #showtooltip

Do not select any icon(leave it red question mark) in macro creation to display original spells icon in your bar(it also changes icon if you put other spells on modifiers)
    Edited: June 24, 2021

3. Don't know about specific cast focus key, but you can do that with macro smoothly and easily, without any weird built in Shift modifiers

#showtooltip

Do not select any icon(leave it red question mark) in macro creation to display original spells icon in your bar(it also changes icon if you put other spells on modifiers)
    May thanks for your reply. I knew this macro built. The thing is, with this alternative, I would need to create a macro for every skill I want to use this way.

However, if there is not any other way, I would.

Many thanks again.
    God bless you pal!

4. Don't know about specific cast focus key, but you can do that with macro smoothly and easily, without any weird built in Shift modifiers

#showtooltip

This doesn´t work I´ve tried it too.

5. Then you have some stuff going on with addons/binds or anything else, because it works for me perfectly, right now, in the game.

6. ...

Delete

Edited: November 7, 2023 Reason: fix