1. Problems doing dps as ret paladin in some bosses

Hello everyone
    This is my character: https://armory.warmane.com/character...ecrown/profile (actually 5.55 gs and i know that my wrist and trinkets suck but when i hit lvl 80 the global chat traumatized me with the gs, i am looking for improvements)

Nikkolai is my first character in this game so my experience in icc is not much and i have noticed that my dps drops a lot on bosses like lady deathwhisper // pp. On bosses like marrowgar / festergut / rotface i can hit 10k dps but in pp i can't do more than 5k. any tip?

I was thinking and maybe in pp i should use SoV in phase 1, seal of command or righteousness in phase 2 and SoV again in phase 3. Which one do you recommend? Anyway, i think my biggest problem in pp is that i have to hit in front of it and the main failure of my gear is my lower expertise.

In lady deathwhisper, when do you recommend going for the adds? When they already spawned or be waiting for them at the door a few seconds before they spawn?. And do you recommend changing to seal of command vs these adds?

In deathbringer, when blood beasts spawn, i have approximately 10-12 seconds to switch to command seal, then go back to SoV and hit deathbringer without losing my seal of venegance stacks. The problem with this is that there are 2 GCDs and i don't know if it's worth it, what do you think?

Finally, I am a newbie in this game, i am open to receive criticism and advice about my gear and how I should deal with bosses.
    Any help would be appreciated :)
    Edited: June 30, 2021

2. You are missing some Hit rating (8% is the cap)
    You are missing 4th t10 piece(pants)
    Your expertise is fine, you need 16 from gear +10 from glyph

You will do less damage on PP, no matter what. Maximize your uptime from behind, move just before choking or whatever it's called. Maximize uptime before stacking for green. Dont swap seals, it's will be adittional thing to worry about with practically no benefit.

On LDW you go for adds you are supposed to go, ones that cant be killed by rangeds. Maximize uptime, move only when necessary, not 5secs before.

On DBS Blood beasts your job is to stun one(designated or otherwise). You can attack them, as long as you dont pull aggro. They will die very fast, you will be able to squeeze out stun +maybe 4 abilities, so it's not worth to waste 1 for switching seal. Also, beasts are immune 90% from AoE, not sure how Command works there. Not worth even if it works.

I think 10k is all you can get out of that char until you get proper gear/set. Dummy fights like Fester will always be sort of "what that char can do", but PP and other bosses are more like "what you can do". Just play, learn where and when to be, will be fine.

3. First of all, thank you. Whenever i have a question, i look for people in the forum who have problems similar to mine and it is ALWAYS the same ninja turtle that answers all the topics trying to help people. Thanks for all the support and help you give in the forum, i hope that all the help you gave will be rewarded one day.
    About my topic, i have 8 of expertise without SoV
    And about my gear, im farming EoF to buy the pants. After that, do you recommend using my eof for the trinket or libram? I'm close to buying Comet's Trail trinket with points and doing TOC10 and TOC25 every week to get the other trinket. I think spending my EoF on the trinket would increase my dps more but it is not bis, so idk what to do.

About the bosses of icc, i will try to implement all the tips and improve my dps, thanks a lot mate :)

4. Expertise will not be such a big deal, but it's good idea to aim for that 26 total with glyph.

I wouldn't worry about Libram, EoT one is fine until you have "spare" EoF
    Trinket for EoF, it is pretty nice for Ret, might be worth it after you complete t10 set.

Commets trail is a good idea, also Darkmoon Card: Greatness is really strong trinket(if you got gold to spare). Whispering Skull from ICC10 LDW is really nice too. Perfectly would be getting Tiny Abo trinket from ICC25 PP, that is cream for Rets.

What I see would be most beneficial is clearing ICC 10 every week, lots of items with expertise, hit rating, to play around while you are gearing to keep close to caps.

5. July 1, 2021  
    it is always a good idea to check a top player's stream if you are unsure on how to ideally play a boss and try to analyze what they are doing and why they are doing it. idk how it is on icecrown, but I know that on lordaeron the majority of good players have a stream where you can find vods of their gameplay from past raids. I dont have a lot of ret experience, but swapping seals is rarely worth it, espacially on dbs as the adds take reduced aoe dmg. in most boss fights seal of command is not worth it, except maybe on lk for valks (but not sure if it is even there)

6. Hello everyone
    I was thinking and maybe in pp i should use SoV in phase 1, seal of command or righteousness in phase 2 and SoV again in phase 3. Which one do you recommend? Anyway, i think my biggest problem in pp is that i have to hit in front of it and the main failure of my gear is my lower expertise.

In lady deathwhisper, when do you recommend going for the adds? When they already spawned or be waiting for them at the door a few seconds before they spawn?. And do you recommend changing to seal of command vs these adds?
    Both fight have similar problem - switch target . Loosing seal stacks = loosing tons of dps . True skill is manage time , mobility m group power . If you have strong direct dmg meles , sometimes is better stay on boss . You need learn track seal time to go back before expired (refreshs sela on boss , run to adds switching sela )
    If wana swaps eal go for Comand for adds/ozz . Comanding base dmg can crit , Rightenous can't , its make big difrence about 50% crit (not talking about judgement )

In deathbringer, when blood beasts spawn, i have approximately 10-12 seconds to switch to command seal, then go back to SoV and hit deathbringer without losing my seal of venegance stacks. The problem with this is that there are 2 GCDs and i don't know if it's worth it, what do you think?
    You dont switch at all . you DONT touch beats , all you do is use stun . And keep on mind dont sue DS or consecration 1s befor beast spawn , 2s after spawn feel free to spam it ,

Finally, I am a newbie in this game, i am open to receive criticism and advice about my gear and how I should deal with bosses.
    Any help would be appreciated :)
    Its hard tip for all boss , what to do etc .
    * Basic you don't swap seal for 95% fight , only some specific boss hards modes required it (TOGC jaraxus , RS HC , ICC gunship )
    * first : normal items are not BIS , sometimes other item HC is better . second : STATS > GS
    * get/make some macros for utylity skills , and when use it . (HOP/HOS/AM/LOH)
    * STACK all boost in one time (wings /engi/pots/hero/trinkets )
    * Use helping addons PAlyPower (help for RL or Paladins to manage buffs ) , i use EVENT ALLERT for tracking set/trinkets procs/buffs