1. July 2, 2021  

The game plays, BUT... Wow.exe does a disappearing act after a handful of days.

Hello fellow gamers,

Joined this server about 3 weeks ago, and the game has been successfully downloaded and played. The issue (which I've experienced a 3rd time now) is my Wow.exe <application> icon appears to disappear. Everything else remains intact, but the one file necessary to start the game isn't found. My troubleshooting solution so far has been to start over by deleting all files and downloading them again. This seems to only temporarily 'fix' the problem, as a handful of days later the icon once again disappears.

Taking it a step further, my 2nd attempt at starting fresh resulted in a download error. I took a guess that maybe it was the type of torrent downloader; so I ditched uTorrent and tried the BitTorrent the site here offers. Again, temporarily things were fine a few days but once again... poof, Wow.exe went away.

I have played on a few other private servers here 'n there, but I've only experienced this particular issue with this version. Getting the game to play isn't the issue, it's getting the Wow.exe file to remain.

[Windows OS]

Any time for insight(s) would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

2. July 2, 2021  
    Have you checked if you anti-virus quarantines it?

3. July 2, 2021  
    is ur game folder read only ?!
    and if it is see if u can uncheck that !!
    i have this issue that i think its same as yours cuz my game folder is read only and every time i uncheck that option it reverts itself 0_0
    plz check and let me know if u have the same problem or not :P