1. July 2, 2021  

Gate-Keeping

Why is Icecrown so gate-keeping when it comes to running ToGC/ICC/RS 10/25 NORMAL? Who in the actual hell is running these with a 6k GS for anything other than ****s and/or giggles? And how are people supposed to get geared at all when everyone that does run them wants you to have the ICC 25hc achievement for killing LK? Its a bit ridiculous.

2. July 3, 2021  
    Feel free to:
    A. Join guild
    B. Make and lead your own raid
    C. Prove that you are exceptional

OFC you can just make such "useful" posts on forum, while waiting that admins/GMs punish each and everyone for setting their own rules in their raids.
    But oh my, there is clearly ZERO information about Min/Max average item level in server rules > players are free to decide it themselve.
    And i can assure you - inflated "GS" is much lesser problem than "BoE+Orbs+Resipes reserved" runs that serve as one of reasons of such inflated gold

3. July 3, 2021  
    Cant prove what I can do when I dont have 6k GS to get in to normal raids that are "alt" raids. 15 years playing this game, 9 years playing retail and PS and never have I seen this much gate-keeping on any server. I get that people can make their own rules but thats literally all I see being spammed in global and trade chat. And then the occasional guild recruiting bot spam.

4. July 3, 2021  
    Again, nobody gatekeeps you.
    There are always 5.4k ICC25 raids, 5.2 ICC10 raids.
    I've made 4 ICC25-ready (5.8k+) characters without involving my guild to boost/gear them, just know what to buy/craft/farm.
    And only reason why they ask so much - because majority of players here are not that good, so you have to compensate it by asking for better gear.
    And LOL! saying that you can not prove yourself only cuz you don't have sweet 6k gear is lame excuse.

5. July 3, 2021  
    Find players you like to play with and uninstall GS addon. Why would you ever want to raid with pugs, do you hate yourself that much?

6. July 4, 2021  
    this is the typical case of "need fast car to win the race. need to win the race to get fast car". This is caused by the community as a whole, and the sole reason is the lack of trust in pug raids. Raid leaders dont believe the pug raiders can acomplish much so they try to "compensate" with higher gear quality.

There are a few ways to go against this, as was suggested above, but i will list them again:

1- Lead the pug raid yourself. As mentioned above, if you lead, you can ask whatever item lvl or gs you want.
    2- Ask the leader to try you out (tell it you know tactics, you're fully gemmed/enchanted, you have proper talents, and tell him to ask you about tactics. if you know your stuff, it should let you in (still, dont extect to be taken, for instance, to an icc 25hc with 5k gs))
    3- Join a guild. Guild leaders know their fellow guild members, so they are more willing to take someone with less gear to their raids, as long as they know their stuff
    4- this might have not been mentioned before but, try to raid on the last day before reset. Usually "last minute raids" take whatever they can. it might not be a great raid, but its a start
    5- since "gs" is the name of the game, if you cant get into raids, FARM GOLD. use it to buy BoE's (according to your class/spec of course) and "boost" your gs that way. yes, its expensive, yes, its time consuming, but its a way.