1. July 8, 2021  

how is the environtment on Horde side?

so i moved from icecrown cz got too tired of many toxic kids on both faction on both pve and pvp, leveled a human priest and just dinged to lv 78 here. honestly the leveling moment was awesome, tho most people i met in rdf mostly non english speakers, but its nice overall. right when i hit 78 i took a break with questing and went to elwyn forest to check if people duel there, and not surprised its not as crowded as icecrown. but omg it seems like everyone is dk with weird spec lool? and some of em are like not even do arena but talk harshly at eachother, like man i moved from icecrown to avoid those kind of behavior.
    then i decided to fly around northend and do some weekly quests at wintergrasp, i was shocked when i saw the log at voa says horde got wg more than alliance with 500+ margin, like how?lol.
    i cant say anything about raiding tho since im not even 80 yet.

so im asking people who play on both side if the environtment on Horde side is any better on both pvp and pve

2. July 8, 2021  
    Horde AH listings are more packed and also more liquid - meaning generally lower and more competitive prices but listings actually sell. This is true for both leveling gear and end-game gear. Alliance economy is generally very sparse, partly owing to max level Alliance players wasting A LOT of time PVPing lowbies, which is time not spent in dungeons, farming mats, etc that are productive for their economy.

Class diversity on Alliance is abysmal. Most Alliance players roll Paladin or DK. This makes Warrior - a class already notoriously difficult to gear in this patch - infinitely harder to gear on Alliance.

RE: WG, ever since Alliance got reported for exploiting/cheesing (camping Horde spawn when Horde controls fort), Alliance has really fallen behind on capping WG. On Europe hours, it's coin flip on whether Horde/Alliance controls WG. When the Americas are awake, it's almost always Horde.

There are toxic players on both sides. Anyone claiming one side is more toxic than the other is only opining based on anecdotal evidence.

3. July 9, 2021  
    both factions are equally suck dick, alliance is full of elitists that hate eachother and horde seems dont give a **** about anything.
    unlike icecrown realm where alliance dominates pvp, here on lord the actual pvpers who roll human only play arena, they dont give a **** about world pvp, the rest of the humans camp low level zone or literally die to blood elves, which is disgusting. on Horde side, u rarelly find arena player, they seem busy with their own and has more non english speakers.

4. July 9, 2021  
    Talking about PvP players they're all the same on any realm, toxic without a drop of communicative skills.
    Talking about PvE players, the horde looks to me a lot better in both - attitude and skill. The best times I had in PvE were on the horde side. Currently I play in the alliance and people I know there, that have played on both sides, agree on this point. There's an old joke, something like "The horde players are people who play freaks. The alliance players are freaks who play people." it's pretty much describes my feeling about both sides.
    Yet, in contradiction, the best friends I've found ingame play in the alliance.

5. July 9, 2021  
    wow, thank you guys for all of your answers, they're more than enlightening to me

6. It's pretty much the same on both sides. People will give their anecdotal experiences and subjective opinions, but there are great and lame people on both sides. It just depends on who you meet and how you interact with people that shapes your view of a faction.

Both sides are equally lame when it comes to ganking lowbies, neither side does it more or less than the other. Anyone who says the other side does it more or something likely is the one hanging out in lvl 20-30 zones ganking and running when another 80 shows up.

7. I went from icecrown to lordaeron for very similar reasons about 2 or 3 years ago and I personally found lordaeron just so much better community wise. While I didnt really enjoy playing with others on icecrown a lot, I now enjoy it more than even back on blizzard servers on lordaeron and have just a really good time on a daily basis with all the people I've met here over time and have absolutely no regrets of switching over. I will say though that as a low geared player with no achievements to show, you will struggle a bit at the start, but once you get on a higher level it is really nice. The community amongst big guilds is really active and positive with the of course necessary teasing and joking here and there. I have also met many of the most skilled and knowledgable people over here and basically all of them are very open to help people out with their knowledge on the game

8. Talking about PvP players they're all the same on any realm, toxic without a drop of communicative skills.
    Talking about PvE players, the horde looks to me a lot better in both - attitude and skill. The best times I had in PvE were on the horde side. Currently I play in the alliance and people I know there, that have played on both sides, agree on this point. There's an old joke, something like "The horde players are people who play freaks. The alliance players are freaks who play people." it's pretty much describes my feeling about both sides.
    Yet, in contradiction, the best friends I've found ingame play in the alliance.
    Lmao why are you talking crap about PvP players? Telling people not to keyturn, backpeddle or click abilities isn't toxic :)

9. Horde AH listings are more packed and also more liquid - meaning generally lower and more competitive prices but listings actually sell. This is true for both leveling gear and end-game gear. Alliance economy is generally very sparse, partly owing to max level Alliance players wasting A LOT of time PVPing lowbies, which is time not spent in dungeons, farming mats, etc that are productive for their economy.

Class diversity on Alliance is abysmal. Most Alliance players roll Paladin or DK. This makes Warrior - a class already notoriously difficult to gear in this patch - infinitely harder to gear on Alliance.

RE: WG, ever since Alliance got reported for exploiting/cheesing (camping Horde spawn when Horde controls fort), Alliance has really fallen behind on capping WG. On Europe hours, it's coin flip on whether Horde/Alliance controls WG. When the Americas are awake, it's almost always Horde.

There are toxic players on both sides. Anyone claiming one side is more toxic than the other is only opining based on anecdotal evidence.
    Literally nothing of you just said is true. Like, nothing at all. Economy is generally very sparse? Players roll either paladin or dk?
    Mate, you must have been playing on a different realm/server. Factions are basically the same on Lordaeron, alliance dominates the WPVP while hordes have much better pug runs/raids. You will find just as many warriors/dk/paladins on both sides. It's just as hard gearing up as a warrior on the Alliance side just as much as it is on the Horde side. Nothing special here.
    Economy is literally the same on both sides. You will find the same stuff on AH on both sides.
    Every player who plays both factions and isn't biased knows this.

RE: WG, ever since Alliance got reported for exploiting/cheesing (camping Horde spawn when Horde controls fort), Alliance has really fallen behind on capping WG.
    I have 6 different recordings of horde players locking themselves inside VoA and killing everyone teleporting inside. And several others of specific horde players attacking players the exact second WG battles starts, to get them into combat, and delay their defense. And as far as WG winning rates go, I've had better days on the allies side, rather than on the horde. It's just the way it is, I guess.
    Again, you are extremely biased. Lordaeron is as equal when it comes to factions as equal can get. Stop lying to people, it's pathetic.
    Edited: July 22, 2021

10. A few comments on what was written above (my impressions after playing on both factions for a long time):

1. "World PvP".

The difference between ganking among the factions is that alliance has mainly level 80's camping Tarren Mill for the most part. It's mostly the same people, from the same guilds doing it.
    Find their guildies and camp/gank them, they usually have plenty of lowbies to exact your revenge on.

In comparison horde mostly ganks/camps lowbies in Redridge/Duskwood with twinks, and not 80's.
    Bring level 80's to kill those twinks (preferably stealth). They will sometimes bring a few well-geared 80's to protect them, so you better be prepared.

I'm not including ganking/camping in STV/Tanaris now, since those two zones are special cases.

2. Economy.

As a long-time gem-seller I can tell you that gems on horde have been sold at lower prices than on alliance for long periods of time. In some cases I could sell the same gem on alliance for almost double the price.
    Same thing goes for a plethora of epic BoE's. I've had cases where I rather log on horde to buy BoE's, then send them to my alliance alt via neutral AH and sometimes save 20-50% of the original alliance AH price by doing that.
    Lately there have been more and more AH-farmers around on both factions, buying up certain items en-masse and reselling at exorbitant prices. One could only dream about an addon that allows you to ignore certain names, so their auctions don't appear at all in your AH-searches. If you like to manipulate the market so much, go play the stock-market in real life, not a market in a game...

3. Community.

Both sides have good and bad people obviously. The difference is that I felt like alliance has more arrogant players in the PvP-scene, probably a result of attacking horde cities with 40~ people, while the latter seldom can mount a defense because horde has less interest in world PvP at an average.

Another difference I noticed (as someone mentioned in a post above) is that horde seems to have more non-english speaking players. This makes alliance feel nicer socially. For example you get greeted more often in alliance random dungeons than in horde, which makes the gaming experience nicer in my opinion.
    This is a multiplayer game after all, if you don't care about social interaction you should play single player instead.

As a final note about social interactions, no matter what faction you play on you should try to find the nice players and make friends with them. They will increase your enjoyment of the game tremendously. Get an addon that increases your ignore-capacity and put the jerks on permanent ignore from day 1.