1. Bugged Missile Barrage talent

Dear Wamane Team,

I got the following issue:
    I'm playing Arcane Mage and got 5/5 points in Missile Barrage talent, but when i got 4 stacks of Arcane Blast and want to use the Arcane Missiles spell I dont have the proc yet and that happens at least 1/3 times of the cases. The talent is 40% and this is not normal 100% and it not gear dependent, of couse, cause it's a talent. What is the problem?

Regards!

2. There is no problem. You have a 40% chance to proc it per cast of AB.

((1 - <chance of proc>) ^ <attempts to proc> ) * 100 = <chance to not proc after all attempts as a percentage>

As an example,

(1 - 0.4) ^ 4 = 0.1296

0.1296 * 100 = 12.96%

^ is the chance for the talent to not proc after 4 consecutive casts.
    Edited: July 16, 2021

3. Yea, I completely understand that, but it happens 1/3 of the attempts, man, which is not 12,96% and I had a few moments when had to make 9-10 AB in order to proc, which is absurd. I played arcane in many servers and this happens for the first time.

4. What you are saying is completely anecdotal. Feel free to prove me wrong though. A test where you do a large number of ABs in a row and later compare the procs/casts should give a very clear indication if there's anything off with the proc chance. I'd say 500 would be plenty.

5. I do think I experienced something similar when I briefly played Arcane Mage before swapping to Fire.

I won't debate if it was bugged or not, but sometimes RNG can screw you over big time. Sometimes it can bless you.

As Beanlord said, do some testing and come back with results. I'll gladly Vote Up if it ends up in bugtracker.