1. Unwanted reset (kinda)

Hi !

I just connected to my character and noticed that a few things have been reseted despite not having performed any action since my last connection. I noticed that :
    - all my macros were deleted as well as auras from PowerAura
    - the chat was also reseted in the way that I wasn't in the "Global" chat anymore and my messages don't appear in the chat at least for /s and whispers
    - a few settings were also reseted

Maybe there are more issues, but these are the ones I found up to now. I would like to know how that happened and how I could prevent it from happening again in the future as well as a solution for the chat issue.
    Also, another issue I've got (but this one isn't new to me) is that I have to redo all the sound and video settings everytime I launch the game.

Hope you guys can help me; thank you in advance.

Edit : When I gather items, I don't get the notification in the chat of the items obtained either.
    Edited: July 20, 2021

2. All of the issues you had were due to a common problem of folder being set as "read-only" type. Follow the steps to fix it:
    Follow these steps:
    1) Restart your PC
    2) close your Torrent client and move your WoW folder away from your Torrent's download destination
    3) now right click on WoW folder> Properties> remove "read-only" > apply to all subfolders when it asks you to
    You'll have to redo your settings and macros though.
    For the chat, right click general tab -> settings -> tick global, say and whisper as active

3. Thank you for your answer, I managed to get my chat back, but could you please explain with a bit more detail step 2)...?
    Edited: July 20, 2021

4. Thank you for you answer, I managed to get my chat back, but could you please explain with a bit more detail step 2)...?
    If you downloaded WoW from Warmane using a torrent, open your torrent app (Bitorrent, uTorrent, whatever you have). Right click on WoW in torrent app and click remove. Then, go to the location you downloaded your WoW folder on your PC and now either
    a) move it to another location or
    b) make a new folder where WoW is now, name it something and then cut and paste the actual WoW folder in it
    After you do that, right click on the new folder you made (or actual WoW folder that you moved to a different location), press properties, and there's a "Read-only" box at the bottom. Make it so that it's empty, not black. Hit apply. Like this:
    When it asks you, press the "Apply to all subfolders"

5. Seems like it's working. Thanks a lot ! :)

6. For future reference, make copies of the WTF folder for yourself. You can always restore everything then by replacing the folder.