1. Crit on PvP discipline priest

So, people usually go for full Mooncloth mainset with haste offset completelly ignoring crit. Doesn't this make talents like Divine Aegis and Inspiration useless? And what's your gear for BGs? You are not playing long sustain games there so more parts of the gear could be PVE/Satin, right?

2. Wow, thanks for advice! That would have never came to my mind.

3. Playing a healer without the ability to sustain in long fights is essentially playing a boat with a hole in it, to metaphor.
    If the fight is not drawn out long enough, you never threaten your opponent. So you are just a sinking ship.

You function is to remain for long periods of time, and then you willfully take away from your longevity- if you were to use Satin pieces.
    Crit offparts make sense to me: borrowed time buff covers all haste needs, as well as the talent which gives spirit and 6% spell haste.

But that, again, has the same problem. If you are going to play something whose advantage is long engagements, you obviously don't want to remove the only thing that gives you advantage, the ability to sustain for long periods of time. Although seemingly absurd, that's like playing a burst class and then skipping Sharpened Twilight Scale to get a health per 5 seconds trinket, because you have one or two talents that benefit in medicore ways from hp5.

If you were to go for the smite/holyfire damage build, which I am a fan of, I would favour the crit items much more.
    https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#bZbxtc0b:u
    That's because you would actively be pressuring your opponent, hypothetically, removing the downfall of ooming faster.

note the glyph and 2/2 damage talent

On another note, you only mentioned 2 talents which benefit from crit. Divine Aegis and Inspiration.

Divine aegis is definitely good. But it doesn't seem strong enough to warrant losing sustainability as a healing class.

Inspiration lasts 15 seconds and doesn't stack. The benefit from stacking crit for this talent is little. If it only lasted 5 seconds and stacked maybe 3 times, then opting for crit rating would be more valuable.
    Edited: August 11, 2021

4. I am asking because I couldn't find any decent PvP guide or even a discussion.

So I have checked top disc priests in solo q ladder and one of them is full mooncloth with full mana regen offset, second one is full mooncloth with full haste offset. Both have zero hit and spell pene rating. I have tried this and I have missed every fear, mass dispell and I was not able to pressure enemy team at all. Terrible experience.

The third one has full mooncloth with both hit and spell pene and spirit/haste offset but zero crit. This is closest to my playstyle as I am using smite build. But if I go for crit only from intelect, I am below 15% and in short games (which is most of the games at my rating), I sometimes get no crit for the whole match, making the Divine aegis and Inspiration useless.

In the end I went for 3 mooncloth and 2 satin, the extra crit is nice and extra 100 resilience allows me to use an extra PVE offset part with superior stats. It fits my offensive playstyle the most. But the point of my question was if it's OK because it depends on my partner and playstyle or if there is objectively better build and I am just gimping myself.

5. In studying top priests as well I have found that they all skip spell pen/hit rating. It seems that's what is most important in this playstyle.

If you are playing with a warrior, he won't need you to land many smites for game wins in 2v2.

If you are playing with a rog or mage, he probably will.

6. if u see someone have full Mooncloth set (or each full set) just check his glyphs too...
    of course they can proc Divine Aegis with PW:S glyph cause it has crit heal each time u cast it on yourself or your allies...
    Just read all of the talent trees (see how pro players set their talents) and just find which one is similar to your gameplay and start to change your self tree a little bit or use it exact the same.
    sometimes maybe 500 lower gs is doing very better for BGs because they knew what they are doing...
    You just need to reach your goal cap for your stats and it can be from lots of combination of items and gears...