1. PvP is not balanced around BiS geared people, because usually only a few players are even close to BiS.

Using heroic PvE gear and gemming it with resilience was also not intended by Blizzard back in retail.

But you can't blame the players for using the tools given to them.

Some classes just benefit more from heroic icc/rs gear being available.
    Healers get the least benefit, casters a little more, then physical classes without Arp and then the Arp classes.

This can only be fixed with a custom patch or a gear restriction.
    Both of these would only work on a separate server though.

A patch might mess up the PvE.
    And a gear restriction on a active realm is just not practical.
    What if a player has no alternative weapon or gear? Do they get excluded from queueing? Have to spend time or coins to get a new one?

2. PVP for 284 meta was never balanced as its my understanding Ruby Sanctum was released as a placeholder before Cata came out.
    Its true that plate are quite strong but they defiantly have counters.

Ill never understand how anyone can defend paladins, their consistently high damage and healing is absurd.

In my opinion if they nerfed AGILITY GEAR for all plate wearers you would end up with much better balance. Simple fact is a paladin can have as much CRIT as a god dam rogue or hunter who wear full agility gear while having the benefit of SACRED SHIELD (mad absorbs) which scales with strength and also plate gear (physical reduction).

Warriors are much easier to counter because they have a lot of flaws (slows, disarms etc) however they really shine with a good healer and support from allies, that's when they become untouchable but solo not so strong

Dks are overall quite tough but their biggest flaws that no one seems to realise is both silences and disarms which both run full duration = gg (i realise dks can change weapons but still can hit hard)

I have all 3 classes and i just speak from personal experience.
    Edited: October 13, 2021

First 12