1. Is BM Hunter viable in PVE?

Pretty much the title, i was considering making a hunter and somewhat like the beast mastery spec more than the other two, im fairly new to the game so i stick more to the pve side of the game, so here's the question is bm any good for pve or do i just go for marksmanship?

2. Not really. It's more PvP spec, same as arms warrior, frost mage, sub rogue...

3. I dunno, I played BM all the way to 80 and it's pretty amazing.

4. I dunno, I played BM all the way to 80 and it's pretty amazing.
    Leveling is entirely different from lvl 80 content. In RDF BM might slide, but you'll struggle to get raid spots as BM. It doesn't bring that much to raid, that it would justify whatever DPS BM can pull off.

We used to have BM Hunter in our 25man raids, but it was usually allowed for him being good friends with rest of the guild. Also he didn't get to raid that much. It worked for us. We weren't try-hard wannabe elite players with inflated egos who can't see past LoD/RS25HC kills per week.

5. i'm pretty sure BM does pretty good, but can it survives the 99% who think it doesn't ? probably not

6. Alright i think i got my anserw, thank you everyone for the replies!

7. BM is a spec that viable and can work in PvE if you know how to play it right but it can never out dps a MM hunter but it can be top ten dps in a 25 man raid but you have put in a lot of work to pull off good dps like having a constant stream potions, flasks and food buffs for you and your pet also the right profession to squeeze that extra 1-2% ofdps out. I'd also recommend playing Orc or Troll for their racials.

8. For World PvP it is maybe ok but for Battlegrounds it is not. Pet dying easily and shortly on crowds. Even with talent and glyph, Revive Pet still a issue on hot zonez in BGs.

9. My almost full PVE BiS BM Hunter - Results from LK 25 normal
    Pet - Loquenahak
    Top DPS was Full BiS Ret pala
    https://imgur.com/a/t8StcNZ

10. My almost full PVE BiS BM Hunter - Results from LK 25 normal
    Pet - Loquenahak
    Top DPS was Full BiS Ret pala
    https://imgur.com/a/t8StcNZ
    Can you link armory or a the gear you use.

11. @Cebolenkosiand @Hovno123
    Sorry, but any spec can be claimed "top-10 DPS" in PUG raid where players vary from 5.3 to 6.3 GearScore. If retry pala is #1 dps it only means that raid is overal bad and have bad composition.
    Hint #1 - you can play any spec you want to, literaly nothing can restrict you from doing so.
    Hint #2 -. Do not expect getting into every raid you want to get into, while playing your favorite spec.

Wording of "if you know how to play" can justify any spec in any fight. Just like you can say Arms warr (huge fan of it myself) is perfect for LoD due to it's combination of Sweeping strikes + Bladestorm to nuke down Valks, with mediocre damage outside of specific phases of boss fight.
    WotLK is out for 10+ years already. Every possible scenario was simmed, tested IRL etc. It is physically impossible to find out one underdog miracle spec due to every possible combination being tested out.
    So if you do not want to have your feelings being broke down, stick to "meta".
    You can freely check every hunter from any LoD guild on any server and see that there are 0 BMs

12. Okay maybe u watched everything except this, but when my guild were active, I was always been on LoD as BM Spec, so Im your exepction.
    MM is an always better choice for everyone and you can always pull a bit more DPS.
    For your q "WotLK Is BM Hunter viable in PVE?" I answer yes it is but there are 0,01% of players to choose to play and take gear for it for HIGH-END game since DPS

13. @hovno123 how much more dps would you pull if you change to MM spec vs your BM spec?

14. @hovno123 how much more dps would you pull if you change to MM spec vs your BM spec?
    As a MM BiS can put 20-21k on DBS, as BM BiS(Loque pet) 17-18k.
    I dont have meters to report you yet, but will work on it to show you.

12 Last