1. I leveled lw and skinning on my hunter to 450 and I want to change it

So, a quick backstory to explain why i got lw and skin on my hunter:
    When I started playing on this server I played with my friend who already played WoW a bit, so I trusted him with everything he said, and he recommended me to get lw and skin for hunter cuz I can craft leather armor for myself to wear. So I did, later I got dragonscale lw and eventually got to the max level drums. Only after that I read a bunch of forums how engi and jc is the way to go for hunters.

Now should I switch from Lw and skin as soon as I can or should I wait to get some higher level patterns to make money of off it and then switch to jc and engi?

I know this might seem like a dumb question to some of you, but I genuinely do not know.

2. Depends on what you want to do. What do you mean "way to go". Sure engineering is the best, all kinds of tricky tools. JC will give you whole 9 attack power(or something silly like that) more than LW.

If you want to make gold with LW, then keep it. Drop skinning and take engineering. LW+ENGI, pretty nice. Or drop both.

It's like asking what color shirt to wear. How can anyone know what you want to do?

3. If it's your first character, you friend is right. If you are new, it's good idea to pick gathering profession that will help you make some money and complementing crafting profession that you can use for crafting items for yourself which makes your leveling easier. Engineering is fun profession but won't make you any money, JC will make you some money but mostly on higher levels. And you need mining for both. You can pick them now if you have alt with mining or if you are ready spend thousands and thousands of gold for materials.

4. You can replace Skinning with Engineering or Tailoring for back enchant.