1. Help with the Trainer NPC

Greetings
    I have received a quest to learn skills from the Trainer NPC. (I started playing only recently)
    I am confused, if there is a limit to how many skills I may learn and I have to pick skills according to a particular build?
    Or I simply should learn all of the skills the Trainer has to offer?

Also, I wanted to know if the skill/talent selections I do through the leveling are permanent or I can change my character settings without recreating the character from scratch.

Thank you

2. Only thing that limits skills is your action bar.
    Talents can be reset at trainer for some fee (max 50 gold coins) and are gained 1 per level starting from lvl 10, which results in 71 talent points for character.
    There are lots of builds for different purposes in this game, so you can just google and copy one of min/max builds or go with whatever you like (but such "build" will not let you join any serious raid).

3. Greetings
    I have received a quest to learn skills from the Trainer NPC. (I started playing only recently)
    I am confused, if there is a limit to how many skills I may learn and I have to pick skills according to a particular build?
    Or I simply should learn all of the skills the Trainer has to offer?

Also, I wanted to know if the skill/talent selections I do through the leveling are permanent or I can change my character settings without recreating the character from scratch.

Thank you
    You can learn almost everything from trainer. Some skills must be learned via talents first, before training higher ranks at trainers (you won't get them all, and some are good, some are bad).
    Since you are new, most likely low on gold, pick and choose skills that seems to be good for you. You may get some extra help, if you let us know what class you are, and what talent tree are you focusing on (focus on 1 at the start).

Skills you get from trainer won't reset. If you remove talent that gave you a skill, that skill will be reset/unusable until you pick the talent again.
    Talents are the only things you can reset, for a cost.

You can't drive yourself into a corner, where you'd need to make a new character, to achieve something what comes to builds and such.