1. First time ever on a Private server, giving this a go!

What's up WOW lovers!? So Ive been playing WOW on and off since TBC came out. I love that expansion but, I'm heavily burned out of TBC classic, and my realm is dying, my guild is dwindling in numbers although still active, and the idea of continuing on seems like not the most exciting thing in the world. Going back to Vanilla and hunting for world buffs also is not something I have interest in. I thought hmm, maybe I'll quit wow at the end of the month, maybe I'll come back to TBC in the final phase and then to WOTLK classic. Certainly not gonna play Shadowlands though, all I do on retail is mount farm.

I was recommended Warmane through a streamer I met randomly, and ironically we met via discussing our distaste with the current WOW landscape on Instagram, go figure right? People upset with WOW becoming friends? Anyways, so I checked their stream out, and was pretty impressed at what I saw. I looked like a literal WOTLK Classic, with Dalaran packed full of players. I also noticed there is a single MoP server on here, with not many players but, quite frankly, MoP was probably slightly my favorite expansion. It was the most 'fun' time to play, where WOTLK was the most balanced, and I enjoyed the overall setup of my character the best then. I still have nightmares about logging on and suddenly the Cata pre patch was on and my spells and whatnot were completely different.... one of the worst days of my entire gaming life. So, because of that and the abundance of WOTLK players on here, I am going to give it a go there first!

I would like to ask some questions as I'm completely new here, and I have no idea what kind of features are on here and what they all mean. From peeking around, I saw what looked like a toon selling system, a 'givaway' system, using currency that exists on this site. My first thought is, oh great, ANOTHER currently I have to grind for in WOW. Not something that excites me too much but, depending on how it's earned, that could be really cool actually. SO I have to ask how does all that work? I mean, is there a lot of pay to play going on? Quite frankly, I'm disabled and can't work, my fiancee died a few years ago, and I have money, and a lack of good health to grind all day.... so I wouldn't mind being able to pay for 'certain' things. 1 thing is for sure, I have never, and will never, pay to level a toon, with cash, or with gold. Screw the Maraudon and Slave Pens going on in TBC classic, screw all the botters with 58 boosted toons, I like the journey, I like leveling and powering up a character slowly over time! I'm just unsure of what exactly all of this is about on Warmane, so if someone would be willing to give me a long description of what to expect, what I can get out of playing, what my options are, I would greatly appreciate it.

My eventual goal is to just be able to 'somewhat casually' be able to level up a toon or 2 in the WOTLK era, do all the raids, and not have constant drama bout who's looting what, who's getting what raid gear, I don't mind the old looting system but, the personal loot system does let us avoid all that drama. I think it should be RNG, just like it is now. I mean the only difference when you're fairly rolling is, you see it happen, everyone rolls, and you see the numbers. Where as with personal loot, you're just randomly selected (or not selected) to get something and it's all done automatically. It takes away from excitement but, it does avoid those 'oh but he did 1% more dps than you so even though his gear is already better, he's getting this piece not you" moments. If this is the type of mindset that players on warmane have, than I'm all for not only being a loyal player, but putting some money into the product that is being provided to us. I don't play PVP at all honestly, not any these days, I just like doing challenges with leveling and raids/dungeons. Doing 0 death runs of toons leveling up with absolutely no dungeons or pvp the whole time. Or the opposite, going balls to the wall and leveling suicidally and constantly fighting stuff that is orange level lmao. I've played all this content before so, why not make it a challenge!? If it seems like I would fit in here, let me know, or if it seems like I'm not the type of person who would do well here, than that's ok too, I can gladly piss off haha just be honest, Thanks for reading!
    Edited: September 17, 2021 Reason: left something out at the end

2. I would like to ask some questions as I'm completely new here, and I have no idea what kind of features are on here and what they all mean. From peeking around, I saw what looked like a toon selling system, a 'givaway' system, using currency that exists on this site. My first thought is, oh great, ANOTHER currently I have to grind for in WOW. Not something that excites me too much but, depending on how it's earned, that could be really cool actually. SO I have to ask how does all that work? I mean, is there a lot of pay to play going on? Quite frankly, I'm disabled and can't work, my fiancee died a few years ago, and I have money, and a lack of good health to grind all day.... so I wouldn't mind being able to pay for 'certain' things. 1 thing is for sure, I have never, and will never, pay to level a toon, with cash, or with gold. Screw the Maraudon and Slave Pens going on in TBC classic, screw all the botters with 58 boosted toons, I like the journey, I like leveling and powering up a character slowly over time! I'm just unsure of what exactly all of this is about on Warmane, so if someone would be willing to give me a long description of what to expect, what I can get out of playing, what my options are, I would greatly appreciate it.

My eventual goal is to just be able to 'somewhat casually' be able to level up a toon or 2 in the WOTLK era, do all the raids, and not have constant drama bout who's looting what, who's getting what raid gear, I don't mind the old looting system but, the personal loot system does let us avoid all that drama. I think it should be RNG, just like it is now. I mean the only difference when you're fairly rolling is, you see it happen, everyone rolls, and you see the numbers. Where as with personal loot, you're just randomly selected (or not selected) to get something and it's all done automatically. It takes away from excitement but, it does avoid those 'oh but he did 1% more dps than you so even though his gear is already better, he's getting this piece not you" moments. If this is the type of mindset that players on warmane have, than I'm all for not only being a loyal player, but putting some money into the product that is being provided to us. I don't play PVP at all honestly, not any these days, I just like doing challenges with leveling and raids/dungeons. Doing 0 death runs of toons leveling up with absolutely no dungeons or pvp the whole time. Or the opposite, going balls to the wall and leveling suicidally and constantly fighting stuff that is orange level lmao. I've played all this content before so, why not make it a challenge!? If it seems like I would fit in here, let me know, or if it seems like I'm not the type of person who would do well here, than that's ok too, I can gladly piss off haha just be honest, Thanks for reading!
    You don't HAVE to grind the currency. You get coins from donating money to the server and depending on the realm you play on they will be useful or useless. If you're on Icecrown you can buy gear with it, if you're on Lordaeron you can only buy mounts/cosmetics.
    Points you get each day by collecting them through the website and they're more or less useless, once again depending on the realm you play on. On Icecrown you can buy slightly worse gear and on Lordaeron you can't do anything with them but participate in weekly lottery.

You don't need to pay to level a toon. People rarely do that since available only on Icecrown where leveling is already too fast (x7 xp). There are no botters here aside from one or two that get banned each week from farming fishing using a fishing bot.

As for the journey, if you'll play on Icecrown the feel of it will be severly diminished since it's more of a "quick level and straight into end-game" kind of realm. Lordaeron is slower in and should give you what you wish. You could also hop into Frostmourne for that progressive WotLK feel.

I suggest you read up both on the forum and in-game (short descriptions when you enter the realm) for details about each realm.

As for the loot, the current scene is pretty cancerous with frequent ninja looting, people leading raids having no clue who can roll on what and the players themselves having no idea what stats their class needs which results in quite many reports and bans. If you wish to avoid that, join a guild ASAP. Do read the rules of the server aswell.

PvP is heavily forced through frequent ganking of lowbies so you might want to avoid PvP heavy zones: Ashenvale, Tanaris, Hillsbrad Foothills, Un'goro, Hellfire Penninsula, STRANGLETHORN VALE.

What I imagine you'll like is the possibility to put XP rates at x0.5, slowing the leveling even more.

If you got more questions or if I missed something, let me know.
    Edited: September 17, 2021

3. Lordaeron and Icecrown are on the final patch of Lich King, so if you want raid tons of ICC those are your realms, Frostmourne is a seasonal realm that goes through each patch then your character gets moved to the Icecrown realm and it resets as a fresh server, currently Frostmourne is nearing the end of Ulduar and ToC will be out soon. As for coins you can get them from donating money or farming lots of gold and trading them for coins on the website. On Icecrown you can buy anything with coins, Lordaeron I believe you can't donate for any items and on Frostmourne you can buy items only after they have dropped a certain amount of times in game. If you like PvP or just want to make an instant 80 character to mess around with go on Blackrock. Leveling is going to be very fast unless you play on Lordaeron which is x1 rates, the others are x7.

4. Thanks for the tips, Im gonna probably just mess around a little bit and see if I can maybe find a guild eventually. I've chatted with some people who play from various parts of the world, its funny because Im US east so the realm is 4 hours later than me, and the person who told me about the server is 5 hours later than the realm (so 9 later than me) crazy that people around the world are playing it! Just hoping ping can keep up. The good thing is, it's not like were playing a FPS or something, for WOW you really could play fine with a 100ish ping. It's not ideal but, for a private server that's more of a nostalgia trip for fun than a serious grind, it could work.

For that reason I picked the x7 realm. If I wanted to hardcore levelup I'd just start a fresh toon on tbc classic and try a 0 death run in pve lol. As far as the whole toxicity that Thorbjorn said, it's not surprising. Unfortunately, the wow community has a lot to do with it's own failures. People who would ninja loot something they're just gonna vendor or d/e just to be a jerk over someone who's gonna use it deserve to be banned. It's one of the good things about the tbc classic realm I play on, it's about 2000 players so, once your name gets out there as a ninja, you're never gonna be in a raid again on that toon, even if you transfer to another realm, word gets out. People are held accountable. It's up to the community to hold eachother to that standard.

You would think on a private server with x7 exp and the ability to buy gear, people wouldnt need to sink to that level to be selifsh but, that's just how human beings are sometimes, lonely angry depressing pathetic creatures only living to make other people's lives less happy and enjoyable. That's why I always wonder when someone says they hate personal loot on modern WOW, like hmm, you must be a ninja or a drama queen, a control freak, etc. Cause personal loot is literally just RNG no different than people fairly typing in /roll except it's done inside of the system automatically, we don't see the numbers, the game does it itself and we are randomly given or not given something. Anyway, yeah overall Im a pretty chill player who likes to avoid drama, i'll at least give it a shot and see what the experience is like! I certainly wouldn't try and pug raid anyways so, if I find some guild with a similar timeframe to raid, than great, and if not, I'll just goof around and enjoy that WOTLK gameplay 1 more time.

5. If you are on ICC server, be prepared to play with max decked players. Shadowmourne is by far not special anymore, you join a BG and 4-5 ppl will have it. 25HCs are farmed by most guilds, so look to join one. Barely anyone is doing the mid-tier endgame dungs.

People are not only full BiS, they are full Tmong. Still you may find people at 5.5-8 k GS which usually are alt of an alt of guy who has 10 maxed- chars on 2 accounts.

In the end there is positive side to it, if you join a decent guild, rarely people need stuff, so you may get decent-ish gear rather quick.