1. Lordaeron content was nerfed hard enough and it's the reason most of the hardcore raiders stopped playing all together.
    Maybe Lordaeron doesn't need more hardcore raiders, maybe it needs an influx of new players, because it has been bleeding players for months; many guilds have disbanded while no new ones have been created, even hardcore guilds have lost their G2 or G3 and everyday I see a lot of hardcore raiders just wandering Dalaran, guildless.

Lordaeron, and Warmane in general, need to survive as a business, for that it needs a constant flow of new players. But if the server is just a couple of guilds with unapproachable full bis characters and boss encounters that are beaten just a couple of seconds before their enrage timer it creates a wall that not everybody is willing to climb, because it takes a lot of effort and time. Keep in mind that Lordaeron has to compete with other servers, new games, even other forms of entertainment. If a newbie has to play perfectly and farm for months just to get into a semi-decent guild, he may question himself "Is it even worth my time playing on here?" Lordaeron must become more attractive to new players in these times when population is declining, not more alienating.

2. Maybe Lordaeron doesn't need more hardcore raiders, maybe it needs an influx of new players, because it has been bleeding players for months; many guilds have disbanded while no new ones have been created, even hardcore guilds have lost their G2 or G3 and everyday I see a lot of hardcore raiders just wandering Dalaran, guildless.

Lordaeron, and Warmane in general, need to survive as a business, for that it needs a constant flow of new players. But if the server is just a couple of guilds with unapproachable full bis characters and boss encounters that are beaten just a couple of seconds before their enrage timer it creates a wall that not everybody is willing to climb, because it takes a lot of effort and time. Keep in mind that Lordaeron has to compete with other servers, new games, even other forms of entertainment. If a newbie has to play perfectly and farm for months just to get into a semi-decent guild, he may question himself "Is it even worth my time playing on here?" Lordaeron must become more attractive to new players in these times when population is declining, not more alienating.
    And if players who lack the dedication to climb the wall you're talking about are welcome to join Icecrown where they can jump it blindfolded.
    Lordaeron was made to be "hardcore" realm from the start. Changing its difficulty now just stabs the current players in the back. Even if it's optional, what's the benefit of trying to beat bosses on harder difficulty? Then they'd need to add additional rewards in other forms to encourage beating it on hard mode which in turn will make the realm too custom and different from actual WotLK when in reality Lordaeron (ignor the buffs to bosses) is supposed to be the most Blizzlike out of all the realms Warmane offers. And I imagine that scripting this separation of modes, difficulties and different loot rewards is in no way easy feat.
    Players who don't want hard raids can go Icecrown - Warmane won't lose the players, nor will it hurt financially since Icecrown incentivizes donating. And Lordaeron can keep its dedication and difficulty tag that Icecrown lacks. In the end there's a realm for everyone and players can choose the one they prefer on their own. Warmane shouldn't change realms to into something else when they already offer that "something else".

3. And if players who lack the dedication to climb the wall you're talking about are welcome to join Icecrown where they can jump it blindfolded.
    Lordaeron was made to be "hardcore" realm from the start. Changing its difficulty now just stabs the current players in the back. Even if it's optional, what's the benefit of trying to beat bosses on harder difficulty? Then they'd need to add additional rewards in other forms to encourage beating it on hard mode which in turn will make the realm too custom and different from actual WotLK when in reality Lordaeron (ignor the buffs to bosses) is supposed to be the most Blizzlike out of all the realms Warmane offers. And I imagine that scripting this separation of modes, difficulties and different loot rewards is in no way easy feat.
    Players who don't want hard raids can go Icecrown - Warmane won't lose the players, nor will it hurt financially since Icecrown incentivizes donating. And Lordaeron can keep its dedication and difficulty tag that Icecrown lacks. In the end there's a realm for everyone and players can choose the one they prefer on their own. Warmane shouldn't change realms to into something else when they already offer that "something else".

To be honest one can safely assume that it's quite a small minority that plays here for hardcore PvE content. Most people I've talked to in-game picked Lordaeron for 1x Blizzlike, not for buffed PvE content. I've actually never seen anyone mention that as a reason, just complaints about it.
    I for one welcome more nerfs to PvE content. Lots of players don't have time to join a super hardcore PvE guild, and as someone else mentioned in the thread, the pug raid scene is pretty awful.
    Edited: September 25, 2021

4. To be honest one can safely assume that it's quite a small minority that plays here for hardcore PvE content. Most people I've talked to in-game picked Lordaeron for 1x Blizzlike, not for buffed PvE content.
    Then the fact they picked the wrong realm is on them. With the introduction of player adjustable experience rate there's really no reason to join Lordaeron if you only want to level slowly. No cash shop argument stopped being relevant the moment crossrealm was introduced.
    I've actually never seen anyone mention that as a reason, just complaints about it.
    The issue here is they don't bother to read up before picking where and what they'll be playing. The forum is full of information that people choose not to read. It's the reason why we have so many "QQ I was banned wrongfully" posts - they didn't read the rules.
    So naturally, if they don't read what they're getting into they'll complain.
    pug raid scene is pretty awful.
    Pug scene is awful because players themselves are awful. To make a proper pug on Lordaeron you need actual knowledge. Believe it or not but I did my first 25 KS on Lordaeron with a full pug group. It's far from impossible.
    That's why Icecrown is a lot better place for casuals. Many players are bad or mediocre at best and if they don't wanna commit and learn the game they're welcome to clear stuff at their pace on Icecrown.
    Edited: September 25, 2021 Reason: grammar

5. Then the fact they picked the wrong realm is on them. With the introduction of player adjustable experience rate there's really no reason to join Lordaeron if you only want to level slowly. No cash shop argument stopped being relevant the moment crossrealm was introduced.
    The issue here is they don't bother to read up before picking where and what they'll be playing. The forum is full of information that people choose not to read. It's the reason why we have so many "QQ I was banned wrongfully" posts - they didn't read the rules.
    So naturally, if they don't read what they're getting into they'll complain.
    Pug scene is awful because players themselves are awful. To make a proper pug on Lordaeron you need actual knowledge. Believe it or not but I did my first 25 KS on Lordaeron with a full pug group. It's far from impossible.
    That's why Icecrown is a lot better place for casuals. Many players are bad or mediocre at best and if they don't wanna commit and learn the game they're welcome to clear stuff at their pace on Icecrown.
    You're laying it out as if the only difference between Icecrown and Lordaeron are the rates and the PvE difficulty. What about buying gear and community differences? Playing at 1x exp rates on Icecrown means you have to be a special kind of masochist considering all the ganking going on there. On Lord you can level in peace for 30+ levels without getting killed a single time (unless you go to the famous gank-spots). On Icecrown everywhere is a ganking spot.

Yes I agree that people suck at reading server info and rules (I've probably done between 500-1000 player reports since the Molten-days), but there's plenty of players that picked Lord for blizzlike, not for hardcore PvE. They didn't have any other option since Warmane doesn't have a server at 1x without PvE buffs. So they took the good with the bad, doesn't mean they like the latter and that the hardcore changes are "popular" in any way.

I personally picked Lordaeron because that's the closest thing to how Blizzard intended for it to be played and assume that's what many players did as well.

6. You're laying it out as if the only difference between Icecrown and Lordaeron are the rates and the PvE difficulty. What about buying gear and community differences? Playing at 1x exp rates on Icecrown means you have to be a special kind of masochist considering all the ganking going on there. On Lord you can level in peace for 30+ levels without getting killed a single time (unless you go to the famous gank-spots). On Icecrown everywhere is a ganking spot.

Yes I agree that people suck at reading server info and rules (I've probably done between 500-1000 player reports since the Molten-days), but there's plenty of players that picked Lord for blizzlike, not for hardcore PvE. They didn't have any other option since Warmane doesn't have a server at 1x without PvE buffs. So they took the good with the bad, doesn't mean they like the latter and that the hardcore changes are "popular" in any way.

I personally picked Lordaeron because that's the closest thing to how Blizzard intended for it to be played and assume that's what many players did as well.
    yes I agree with you I'm one of those people. I like 1x rate and the fact that you can't buy gear from shop but not bosses much more difficult than normal.

and Thorbjorn believe me killing LK 25 on pug run is close to impossible.

7. Most ppl here like leveling so yes worth it if you like questing,raiding?you can get to 5.7k gs with some voa pugs and ruby sancutary then you can find a guild and start doing some other raids you gotta do some pugs first and guild recruitment is fine,global chat is good and all

8. Then the fact they picked the wrong realm is on them. With the introduction of player adjustable experience rate there's really no reason to join Lordaeron if you only want to level slowly.
    It's not about the experience rate, there's also realm culture. Lordaeron has this tight-knit community and very helpful people, the chat is slow paced and even has its own inside jokes. When people start leveling everybody is friendly, you can form groups because all zones are populated, ask in global chat about anything and get a response, some guys may even give you gold or invite you to their guild. But going to Icecrown and leveling with x1 rates doesn't have that; you get ganked everywhere, zones are deserted, RHC is dead, no one helps you, the chat goes at formula 1 speed, etc.

New players fall in love with Lordaeron on their leveling time, but when they finally reach the raiding scene is when fun stops and they get a bucket of cold water to their face. The majority of players won't see the end of ICC, they will struggle for months unable to leave Lordaeron because of the friends they made, experiences they had and because of all the time they have already spent playing on their beloved characters. But after so much time without progress many of these players just leave, and not for Icecrown, they leave completely burnt out and disillusioned.

I understand we can't nerf the server, precisely the difficulty is what created the Lordaeron community in the first place, but there should be an option for the more casuals players that isn't leaving and playing in icecrown. Maybe there could be an NPC in ICC that sells you the 30% buff for 10k gold, that would solve the gold inflation problem and help new players and guilds. Or maybe there could be a day when the 30% buff could be turned on (completely optional) for example just on Saturdays, that way the option is there but has a time restriction. The realm is already customized, so why not customize it in a way that makes it more rewarding for the majority of its players and attractive for new customers?
    Edited: September 27, 2021

9. If you guys are that bothered by Icecrown's features but at the same time you're bothered by Lordaeron's then perhaps just find another server? I really don't see how you expect that they'll change realms design after 6 years. I've seen only one other person asking for realm nerf and that's a terrible player I know personally.
    It's even written (in suggesion section rules) that they're not interested in changing removing Lordaeron's difficulty:
    Originally Posted by Suggestion rules
    Do not post suggestions that include the following
    Realm features - Do not suggest or demand that the already-confirmed realm features be disabled, removed, etc.
    Notice the "etc." before you point out that it doesn't say changed. To that, read my post from earlier:
    Originally Posted by Thorbjorn
    Lordaeron was made to be "hardcore" realm from the start. Changing its difficulty now just stabs the current players in the back. Even if it's optional, what's the benefit of trying to beat bosses on harder difficulty? Then they'd need to add additional rewards in other forms to encourage beating it on hard mode which in turn will make the realm too custom and different from actual WotLK when in reality Lordaeron (ignore the buffs to bosses) is supposed to be the most Blizzlike out of all the realms Warmane offers. And I imagine that scripting this separation of modes, difficulties and different loot rewards is in no way easy feat.
    Lordaeron's increased difficulty is a realm feature.

But please, if you do find a way to change it without affecting everyone else do tell, because at the moment I don't see a solution to your request.

10. If you guys are that bothered by Icecrown's features but at the same time you're bothered by Lordaeron's then perhaps just find another server? I really don't see how you expect that they'll change realms design after 6 years. I've seen only one other person asking for realm nerf and that's a terrible player I know personally.
    It's even written (in suggesion section rules) that they're not interested in changing removing Lordaeron's difficulty:
    Notice the "etc." before you point out that it doesn't say changed. To that, read my post from earlier:
    Lordaeron's increased difficulty is a realm feature.

But please, if you do find a way to change it without affecting everyone else do tell, because at the moment I don't see a solution to your request.
    So instead of having a discussion about it, you want everyone who disagree to move on? M'kay.

They can change their minds at any time, like they already did with several other things (multiboxing being one example). And they've also already done small nerfs to several raids, no one is to say they won't make more changes further down the line. But hey, go ahead and interpret it as you wish.

If you're the guy I think you are, you're near bis, dinged 80 2016 and mostly hang out with similar people - your opinion on the subject is anything but objective (also hence your comment about only knowing one person who wants nerfs).
    Try hanging out with the average player (you know, the majority) and they'll tell you what they think.

11. So instead of having a discussion about it, you want everyone who disagree to move on? M'kay.
    Because there's nothing left to discuss. Staff won't change realm's design when it was proven over the years casuals like ez raids and quick leveling aka Icecrown's design and Lordaeron fits the more hardcore playerbase. That's the reason why Lordaeron doesn't have 12k population that Icecrown does. And that's fine.
    And I can tell you the tight-knit community that you seem to like isn't a result of ez raids and quick leveling.
    And they've also already done small nerfs to several raids
    Exactly. And it's never enough for you people. The realm is piss easy as is already.
    your opinion on the subject is anything but objective
    Call it what you wish.
    Try hanging out with the average player (you know, the majority) and they'll tell you what they think.
    They'll tell me Lordaeron hard QQ and either embrace Lordaeron for what it is or switch to Icecrown. Everyone's happy that way.

Additionally, I don't know what you think will happen to Lordaeron's features that you praise (the community, gankers) once they make raids ez pz. I'll tell ya: every player and their grandma will get full HC gear, get bored of raiding and then commit their time to something else, either a new character or PvP. If they commit their time to PvP I can guarantuee you that the ganking will increase. The sense of community will diminish because there'll be no point in finding a good surrounding, guild or in-game friends when you'll clear the raid within a few weeks in a guild. And it'll turn in what Icecrown is now.
    Lordaeron's community and atmosphere sure as **** ain't the result of everything that makes up Icecrown (shop, ez raids, quick leveling), it's the result of Lordaeron's features (no shop, hard raids, slow leveling).

And while we're at it, I still didn't hear a suggestion that doesn't shove it up every other player's *** that actually likes Lordaeron as it is now.
    Edited: September 27, 2021

First 12