1. Return fresh (cataclysm) expansion

Would you guys play once again Cataclysm.?

In my opinion Wotlk is the best expansion by far but why just warmane team dont return once again fresh Cataclysm i remember those times i played when they was released it. It was still really good populated like 10 000+ players active even with queue at those times. The main reason it died it was becouse they released Mist of Pandaria right after.

What do you guys think should they release once again cataclysm and let it stay just as Icecrown server on Cataclysm.?

Let me hear your opinion.

2. General opinion was that last patch of Cataclysm sucked balls and therefore nobody liked playing it. Making a realm where nobody likes the last patch is a questionable move and at the same time keeping a realm on a patch before that one (4.1, 4.2 or whatever) is less than ideal aswell since you're not getting everything out of the expansion. Besides, Every Cata realm Molten/Warmane had died sooner or later because of this. Most of the population doesn't want it and I don't see opinions of a few players changing that.
    Old Cata realms were successful because Molten still followed the somewhat new expansions. Now they've dedicated to WotLK since it's a good expansion that everybody likes.
    On top of that, there's really not enough staff members to dedicate another team to Cataclysm. MoP is still in ruins.
    If they're ever ready to release a Cata realm I'm sure they'll announce it.

3. I don't think Cata would be received that bad,
    taking in consideration that Wotlk has been out for so long and overplayed to infinity. Except the last patch, Cata wasn't that horrible. The dungeons were fun, more balanced pvp, cool first tier raids, revamped world which brought a breeze of fresh air. And lots more... I for myself would play it just to feel the change of scenery. 10 years of winter is a bit too long don't you think...

4. 10 years of winter is a bit too long don't you think...
    It is. And tbh I am somewhat bored of WotLK aswell but switching over to Cataclysm or making a new Cata realm just isn't a smart business move. As I said, staff is stretched thin as it is - just look the state MoP is in, Cata would be no better.

5. Well with the money they make, I doubt that they can't afford the manpower to make a cata realm possible. Warmane needs to go that route sooner or later. Opening up to later expansions. I mean who will be playing wotlk for another 10 years?

6. I mean who will be playing wotlk for another 10 years?
    Ahahahaha! Hold my beer!! But on a more serious note, very very few ppl would be interested in cata. Compared to wotlk, evertyhing is a bit harder. Healing in dungeons/raids is harder, you can't spam endlessly and overheal like in wotlk, less you want your mana to be gone. You can't zerg in dungeons and pull mobs together, you need to cc/kite certain ones, less you wipe. Bosses have a lot more diversity in fights, tanks need to be more aware and reactive with their defensives, there are way more spells that would overwhelm a lot of ppl. You expect the average chad of wotlk with wrong enchants and items on his gear, bad talents and who does 5k dps in 5.5k+ gear to enjoy cata? Because let's face it, they represent 70% of warmane's populace, they would try cata, suck at it and then quit.

So, yea baby, wotlk for another 10 years:)))

7. it's not about money or manpower. They have had a few cata realms and it all ended the same. The pop is decent around launch but a ton of people end up leaving. Just look what happened to TBC realm which had more fixes. People just don't want to play it for that long and its not worth the time / effort to work on it or keep it up. None of the expansions can really compare to the nostalgia or hype wotlk has. After all these years and icecrown still hits full server at peak times. Imo the only way forward is to have custom wotlk realms with new raids, equips or a new server with custom abilities / classes based off the wotlk server. Honestly, I doubt warmane sees classic wotlk as a threat. Blizzard is undergoing serious scandals right now and there TBC classic realms were such a diaster. They really messed it up and it was bugged to ****. Their wotlk launch wont be any better as most of their classic servers are already dying. People don't want to level again on x1 exp rates they want it sped up to do endgame because they already did the work of getting to 80 many times. That is why icecrown is so successful and will remain so. They just want to do endgame content at x1. Honestly I would love to see a custom Wotlk realm where every raid in the game is scaled to 80 along with the gear. or perhaps a hybrid classic 60 realm with wotlk talent trees. Now that would draw people in since classic WoW talent trees suck.
    Edited: October 6, 2021

8. It's funny, all the things you mentioned about the cata mechanics are actually positives in my mind. But yea let's face it, wotlk is here to stay.. and yea I ll be probably playing it too for years ahead. The only thing I miss is to see something "new", be it good or bad in other expansions, that would refresh my wow love a bit more.

9. Yea I believe you are right. But isn't it funny how only this expansion can captivate all those thousands of players to stay and play it long past it's time, and others don't.
    I cannot explain what it is. Just a feeling when I log Wotlk of knowing: "Yea this is the time and place where wow feels the best and most satisfying".

10. it's not about money or manpower. They have had a few cata realms and it all ended the same. The pop is decent around launch but a ton of people end up leaving. Just look what happened to TBC realm which had more fixes.
    It ended because of other things, not because of population. Tons of people played on Molten, most of them probably lost motivation to start over again.

11. Hey if you honestly ask me, the more the merrier, sadly there is the possibility they don't want to do cataclysm, because there is just not a core good enough for their standards.

Cataclysm was my WoW peak and end at the same time, so i'm kinda nostalgic for it as much as I'm for wotlk

12. Il play anything besides wotlk-tbc-vanilla

13. I was looking for a cata realm earlier today.

14. I agree on thisone i think warmane shuld relese something new it does not have to be cata i just want something new i am bored and tired of monotony in wotlk everything is the same for years and years and all we get are some boring events lets face it yes cata didnt work well when they relesed it it was hard cuz there was a lots of bugs that needed to be fixed but in my opinion warmane staff has given up sience their other relams have faild and they are just chilling with what they have now that is the population of the current expansion i feel bad cuz of it i was hoping for something new but i think im on the edge of quiting wotlk for good becouse there is nothing i can do more in wotlk pvp got bored i dont even do pve for a year and a half i need some kind of change i hope they will relese something new or that they are at least working on something new otherwise ill be done with warmane :/