Hi I am 2,8k MMHunter in soloq this will be short and not detailed guide that is made for low-medium mmr hunts and I won't go too much in details I just want to help new hunters win some games.

1) Gear:

I'v reached with full rele template hunter to 2,3k in sq so gear is not that important. But if you are bis mm hunt you can go up to 2k rating with 2 pve main set pieces and drop the resil to about 750 to 800. After 2k+ I'd suggest swapping to normal 1,1k resi or even 1,2k-1,3k depending on who is queing.

2) Going on white

There is a meme "go white" in warmane soloq, it means going on healer priest. Soloq is kind of unbalanced and if you are paired with another dps such as rogue/warr/encha sham etc... you will most likely go on priest. These games are super ez and should be an instant win in low-medium mmr games. Just all in the priest and cc 1 of the dps. For example what you can do at start of the game is scattering 1 dps and putting frost trap and instantly go to the priest and try to oneshot him, also make sure you silencing in almost first globals to prevent the priest from PS-ing.

3) Readiness early and readiness only for dmg

In 95% of the games in low0medium mmr you will be wanting to readiness for dmg. DO NOT SAVE IT just make sure you pop the ****ers rly quick with your burst.

4) Utilize the scatter and frost trap

I would say in 80% of the games I am using only frost trap. Soloq games are fast and freeze trap is too overrated, of course it depends on the comp you play and the comp you are playing against but if you are playing with warr/rogue/encha sham etc... you want to be playing fast and end game fast there is no time for freeze trap.

5) Disengaging to put the freeze trap/arrow

This is tricky one since I see a lot of hunters do this and they die super fast with only 1 swap on them. In medium-high mmr games if you do it enemy can quickly swap on you and you will be in really bad spot, make sure you have the cds and make 100% sure you can land the trap before trying to go for something like this. An example you are playing vs TC (Warr/ele/hpala) If you try to go for the trap on hpala and you disengage into him there are couple different things that can happen.

#1 Warr charges you and stops you from throwing the trap, you are instantly in bad position and ele will be free casting on you.
#2 Ele can use the grounding to take the trap, unless you are good this will most likely happen. You need to be utilizing your pet to growl when he grounds to break his growl and then you can trap.
#3 You land the trap but they swap on you, if you do not have the cds you are going to be super pressured.

6) Best comps for hunter in soloq

Tier 1 comps: PHP/PHD/Ele-hunt-healer/ATC/Jungle
Tier 2 comps: Arms warr- Hunter-healer / encha-hunt-healer / lock-hunt-healer / Boomie-Hunt-Healer / Fire-Hunt-Healer/
Tier 3 comps: Rogue-Hunt-Healer/ Frost Mage-Hunt-Healer
Tier 4 comps: Compressorx-Hunt-Healer KEKW

PHP- (ret-preg pala) /hunt/healer the best comp by far and one of the strongest in soloq
PHD- dk/hunt/healer
ATC- prot warr/hunt/healer

in 90% + of the games healer means either priest or pala. Usually you won't get other healers such as rdru/rsham etc..

7) Hunter in soloq

I would say if there is a tier for a hunter in soloq he would be either tier 1 or tier 2, most likely in between those 2. Hunter is super powerful in low to medium mmr games and can solo carry if you know what you are doing.

This is the short guide and it is pretty much made for people who are trying to get above 2k rating. Not every game is the same and there are many variables.

Conclusion: Be fast and be super aggressive with your cds, gl