1. Auto Despawn for Mining Nodes

I have noticed this being more and more of an issue when I'm farming ores (This may be applicable to other gathering profs as well). You find a node, you gather it, only to find out that it has been harvested but the previous gatherer left behind motes/crystalized so the node never despawned. This can be especially frustrating if you find a khorium node that someone did this to. Obviously the decent thing to do would be for whoever gathers an ore node to just take everything in it, but since we live in a fallen azeroth the hope in humanity (or any race of your preference) is failing on that point. Instead, perhaps we can add an auto despawn that removes the node after 20 seconds or so (in case the gatherer has full bags and has to mine it twice, don't want them to lose the node). It would keep the spawns healthy and save many farmers a lot of frustration I'm sure. Plus it is criminal for someone to leave crap in a node and it also hurts them too since that is one less new node spawning elsewhere.

2. They do it to control the price in AH. Less people looting Khorium = less nodes on AH = price goes up.
    While it is an ******* move, I don't see this being implemented.

3. I completely agree with Zerrubabel on this one.

It's actually not a difficult change to fix this. All that is needed, is a respawn timer on all items like it is on retail. Every 20 minutes (or whatever) all gathering items should despawn and respawn randomly again. This would also fix the issue, that some might be spawned in unreachable locations.

How the system works already:
    Mines/Herbs are spawned randomly about 1 per 15 minutes (not sure about this one). When the total number of items in a zone is lower than a threshold (that is set in the database) then a new item is spawned instantly in a random place on the map. This way there is always a minimum number of objects to gather guaranteed on every map. However there is one thing... While you gather items in one part of the map, it respawns randomly somewhere on the whole map, meaning, that if you farm in one place, you will most likely reduce the number of objects in that zone and increase the density in others.
    But.
    If objects are spawned somewhere nobody can reach (for example on mountains or under the ground) they remain there forever and therefore reduce the total number of objects available. Not empty objects also don't respawn at all until gathered. Timed respawns would solve this issue.

I was playing on a server years ago where this respawn system was in use and as far as I remember, it didn't even take much effort for this to implement since the code is pretty much good to go already.

This would be a very useful and helpful change.