1. Prot Pala in a double dps combo

Hello!
    The general opinion seems to be that Prot Pala works best with a Heal Shaman, but I was wondering if certain dps combos couldn't also work?
    I was mainly thinking about classes like Rogues and Unholy Dks that have a decent amount of ccs/are great against casters to make up for your weakness. Maybe also a Prot Warri with his CCs and burst potential could be a vailable option.
    I'm asking because I think about running Prot-Rouge with a friend (his other main is a MM-Hunter, but I doubt that such a combo would work well).

2. They wouldn't work as well as the standard tried and tested combos, but just by imagining I feel Prot warrior can work, you can also look at ProtPal+EnhSham for burst, ProtPal+SPriest for some set up potential and fun fast games.

With Unholy DK, MM Hunter and Sub/Combat rogue you may set up and burst some teams down but it'll never be as good as you rolling Ret.

3. Prot/ret hybrid build works in many double DPS combs. Prot doesn't.

4. Prot offers way less support than a ret.
    You can't really heal your mate because of Divine Plea and you can't go defensive because you will drop Divine Plea and go OOM.

And you need to play with lowish resilience to deal damage.

So you need a partner who can heal and support you, while helping with damage.

Ideal are a Resto Shaman or Disco priest.

If you have low gear and no 2p T10 you might bei better off with an Ele or Shadow with a high Resi/MP5 built.
    They should Play defensive and only go offensive with stun + silence.

For burst Games you have many options.
    Arms warrior, BM hunter or MM hunter, Enhancement Shaman, Feral Druid or any DK specc. Maybe even an full PvE, Arp capped rogue.

But all of these come down to:
    Pop cooldown and go.
    No Game will last longer than 20 Seconds.