1. Mercenary Mode / Faction Unbalance / Premade system

hello boys and girls ,
    in the last months a lot of hordes factionchanged to alliance , we have a big unbalance and thats the fault of the mercenary system , we play atm mostly ally vs ally , is there any reason to play as horde ? i think its not , we queue vs each other 24/7 , the balance between the factions is like 80% alliance 20 % horde in pvp , the game wasnt made to be played alliance vs alliance , and ppl allways factionchanged between the factions to find their own balance to the game , i mean if u come to alliance with thousands of players then u have to keep in mind for a long queue , exact those ppl complaining because of long queues and the solution was the mercenary mode wich dmg the factions and the community more .
    u join the alliance to play for the alliance , u go horde to play for horde , there was no system between and it should be removed . ppl will move their characters and find their balance without this mercenary mode .
    i dont speak here just for myself i speak for many ppl wich dont want / like this system .

- i mean if we play ally vs ally whole day then u could actually also remove the factions and let everyone crossplay in bgs hordes mixed with allys in both sides . JOKE PLS DONT .

also the 5 man + premades have a queuetime wich isnt normal , and we face the same ppl over and over again its like the system dont want us to face low geared player or bgs without premades , i allready know the names of every single guy i met in bgs cause its the same ppl for like 1 year allready .
    even if we queue 10 man vs 10 man we have to wait 20mins till 1h to pop a bg , 1 grp with mercenary mode 1 grp without.

what u guys think about this mercenary thing and the broken premade system ?

2. Mercenary Mode complete destroyed PvP balance.

On alliance u have the huge advantage of playing Human that is a must for many competitive players in arena (and also gives u an advantage in other PvP environments).

The downside is that u had long queues especially for playing as PM so as Horde u had that advantage that somewhat balanced PvP players between both factions.

Now there is no reason to play on Horde side (competitive speaking) and the World PvP is in its worst state ever after almost every PvP player switched to alliance.

Maybe allow Mercenary Mode only for Blackrock players so it doesnt **** up wpvp so much in Icecrown or remove it completely.

3. I think its an optional feature. All you have to do is turn it off in your account settings....

4. its still there and ppl use it so we play alliance vs alliance . biggest guilds on ally fight each other , and this is not how the game is supposed to be. its horde vs alliance , not alliance + horde vs alliance .

5. What's the point of this thread?
    What is it you're complaining about? The fact that there's too many Alliance in PvP? Go figure, free trinket is great. The fact that a lot of Horde switched to Alliance? Why wouldn't they? The switch to Alliance is free for a reason - faction imbalance. Just check information tab of Frostmourne. The fact you're getting paired versus decent teams as a premade? Boo-****ing-hoo you can't graveyard farm lowbies or people who aren't organized.
    Do you realize how nonsensical this is suggestion is?
    What difference does it make if you're not fighting a dude originally from Horde side? Please name it.
    If there was no Mercenary mode you'd complain that you sit in BG queue for 30 minutes waiting for a BG to pop.
    Edited: November 18, 2021

6. In all honesty, I feel that the only real issue is the difference between:
    - what the merc mode was intended for;
    - and what it has actually become due to serious abusing.

The balance of joining up between factions has been very much off for a long time, so allowing alliance to join as horde, while actually having the chance to opt in and opt out is great, and shouldn't be drastically changed due to all the benefits for everyone.

The problem is when the urge to boost hk counts regardless to anything else leads to an all-out abuse. All that should really be done is to revise what role and/or MM premades get in the current system. Currently, the "big" PvP guilds of the alliance all use merc mode. Due to the lack of joiners from horde side (this is a fact, which is acknowledged by the very existence of the merc mode), most of these teams end up on horde side. This is good for no one really apart from these premade teams: Those solo players who chose alliance to enjoy the benefits, those who want to avoid the greater number of enemy premades, or simply who role-play their roles will be pitted against same-faction superiority on the other side...while the horde itself isn't aided a single bit either: the solo horde players will simply be shoved out of the queue for a bg where an alliance premade sits - only to get into another bg, where chances are that your 10 solo players are again pitted against an alliance premade.

I talk from experience as a dual-faction player. In all honesty, there IS the odd alliance game when we DO end up getting roflstomped by W T F Unity or another genuine horde guild - this is part of the game.
    - But as an alliance player, for every genuine "vs premade" game, I get 1-2 "non-premade" games, and the occasional "Kenzz-lackey squad AV", and at least 3, maybe 5 consecutive runs agains Iron Alliance, Trauma, Etc premades - with us having none. (Why? because we, as solo players are also pushed out of a bg where our premades already fill the roster. Same as in horde.)
    - And as a horde player, I have yet to see my total BG-count of 100+ on that char reach _3_ games where I'm actually paired up WITH an alliance premade, while about half of the games are again against said pvp clans. On occasion, I will confess, I do end up with lower-member-count horde premade teams, though not particularly common.
    As a solo player on either side, the situation is, if not bleak, definitely not fun.

Yes, I understand: "don't like it, join one of these clans". Sadly, I have a different idea of having fun in a bg than doing GY-camps and HK farms while watching videos.

My suggestion, simply put,
    - Either I would by default exclude premades from being able to activate merc mode, even if the members all have it enabled.
    - Or, Have MM consider premades or even two-man-team in a different way compared to solo players: Only allow entrance to a bg if there is a nearly equally formed other premade. Skill/rating/etc can't be considered in a realistic fashion. But ILEV/GS and members can, and the two teams should not deviate in EITHER stat by 20% (although I'd personally be even more drastic: 10%), without multiplication of the stats. An examlpe: A default 10-man sealclubber squad has a total gearscore of approx. 62.000 (6.2k per average member). They would have to nicely wait in queue until a no-less-than-8-man, but no more that 12-man team appears, with at least 49.600, at most 74.400 total gs. Though drastic, this could balance out the premade problem, while not touching the otherwise good system of solo players aiding horde queues, in any way that I could subjectively think of.
    Edited: November 18, 2021

7. Merc mode was intended for one thing only, to fill battlegrounds.
    Stop daydreaming :)

8. Merc mode was intended for one thing only, to fill battlegrounds.
    Stop daydreaming :)
    Yes, it solved that. And it created new problems.

9. No, actually it didn't create new problem, what we didn't have premades before the merc mode? It solved the issue it was created for, lowering queue times by filling both teams.

The issue you think it created have always been there and there have been countless discussions on the topic. What ? you think you are the first one disliking being killed by a premade, nope! Guess what there is an easy fix get your own premade going!

10. No, actually it didn't create new problem, what we didn't have premades before the merc mode? It solved the issue it was created for, lowering queue times by filling both teams.

The issue you think it created have always been there and there have been countless discussions on the topic. What ? you think you are the first one disliking being killed by a premade, nope! Guess what there is an easy fix get your own premade going!
    Firstly, we are in agreement - the sole purpose of merc mode was indeed to create lower waiting queues - and we also agree that this has been met.
    Secondly, no, I most definitely do not think I am the first to suggest this, and I will also not be the last. Furthermore, I do not believe there will be a change in this - it is not in the interest of Warmane. Facing more premades generates a natural feeling of "I need to BUY better gear to stand a better chance" - and this creates revenue. It would be dilusional to expect the growth in pressure of facing more premades from alliance side to be reduced. Still, one can dream, no? :D
    Thirdly, I've already posted: it's not that I can't join or do a premade - Nothing holds me, or anyone else from doing so. It's more of the fact that I enjoy the "oldschool" BG environment, where premades were scarce, and BG's rarely felt like an extremely competitive game-mode. The whole thing had a more casual feel to it, and that is what I enjoy.

11. Firstly, we are in agreement - the sole purpose of merc mode was indeed to create lower waiting queues - and we also agree that this has been met.
    Secondly, no, I most definitely do not think I am the first to suggest this, and I will also not be the last. Furthermore, I do not believe there will be a change in this - it is not in the interest of Warmane. Facing more premades generates a natural feeling of "I need to BUY better gear to stand a better chance" - and this creates revenue. It would be dilusional to expect the growth in pressure of facing more premades from alliance side to be reduced. Still, one can dream, no? :D
    Thirdly, I've already posted: it's not that I can't join or do a premade - Nothing holds me, or anyone else from doing so. It's more of the fact that I enjoy the "oldschool" BG environment, where premades were scarce, and BG's rarely felt like an extremely competitive game-mode. The whole thing had a more casual feel to it, and that is what I enjoy.
    Well i see what your dream is and i've tried to tell you, its not a marketing strategy, thou seemingly there are people who decide that wallet is the only way to be strong, I'm a Bulgarian and our own motto is "Unity makes strength" , maybe instead trying to be the best solo you could team up with like minded individuals and own those premaders. I've seen "BIG pvp" guilds getting totally outplayed and just sitting at their graveyards for bgs to finish faster, i've seen Kenzz's premades being beaten in AVs, so nothing is impossible.

What the issue is for me its the player mindset of soloing everything in a Massive-multiplayer game.

12. Well i see what your dream is and i've tried to tell you, its not a marketing strategy, thou seemingly there are people who decide that wallet is the only way to be strong, I'm a Bulgarian and our own motto is "Unity makes strength" , maybe instead trying to be the best solo you could team up with like minded individuals and own those premaders. I've seen "BIG pvp" guilds getting totally outplayed and just sitting at their graveyards for bgs to finish faster, i've seen Kenzz's premades being beaten in AVs, so nothing is impossible.

What the issue is for me its the player mindset of soloing everything in a Massive-multiplayer game.
    Ahh, greetings from close-by Hunbgary! :D

You do have a point! Although I really enjoy playing solo better, premades might be the way to go eventually, even for me. As for the Kenzzies, I'll never forget the one time they left IoC after getting locked down pretty badly. Not that I've seen much more such cases - but that really felt great! Hope to see more domination and outplays of bigger guilds in the future!:)

13. Ahh, greetings from close-by Hunbgary! :D

You do have a point! Although I really enjoy playing solo better, premades might be the way to go eventually, even for me. As for the Kenzzies, I'll never forget the one time they left IoC after getting locked down pretty badly. Not that I've seen much more such cases - but that really felt great! Hope to see more domination and outplays of bigger guilds in the future!:)
    Its up to us, the players. Those people dominate the pvp scene because they band together.
    The only solution i see fit for this is to band together with other people so we could match their strength.

Being a solo player in pvp is okey, i would understand people wanting to play solo if everyone was doing it, but when you have this big premades dominating in PVP i fail to understand why people don't want to band together and kick their asses and instead prefer to rant how unfair gameplay is for solo players.

War is never fair, every advantage will be exploited and used against the enemy

14. its like going into a war , but ur enemies have less ppl so u give them some of yours , u understand that ? this system is trash at all wich breaks the game . theres no faction needed then

15. As a solo player on either side, the situation is, if not bleak, definitely not fun.
    With the same reasoning you've well explained, I agree. And I go as far as saying that the vast majority of the playerbase is in the same situation. New players have it the worst than everybody. The current system is excessively in favour of premades, to the detriment of probably something like 85-95% of the other players.

P.s. I always queue into 2 BG queues and avoid random BG entirely, so I can skip fighting against premade teams; doesn't always work though. Other BGs like AV I almost never queue into because they're very premade-heavy and they often turn into a GY spawn camp.

12 Last