1. dungeon threat

hello, how exactly do you cope with threat problems on this class?
    i made a warlock a few days ago and from what i've seen so far this class makes a lot of burst
    im on reputation gear and the numbers i see are really high (considering), i mean i don't remember getting even close to these numbers with other classes on par gear
    so, sure i thought the dps is huge for this gear and i knew it would be a problem in NM dungeons with similarly geared players
    but i finally managed to join HCs yesterday and died like 2-3 times in each dungeon :):):) and the tanks in HCs are usually 4.5 / 5.0 / 5.5 k GS
    im 3+something k GS and i play in Icecrown, i mean i expect to be grinding RDF EOFs well beyond 5.5k GS, what exactly am i supposed to do then? get avoidance gear? :):):)
    is there something i am missing? btw im completely ignorant to warlock gameplay, i haven't played one since vanilla

2. If you are Demonology when you go metamorph and charge in, this means you need less threat to overaggro. 110% in melee range and 130% ranged.

Stay at range and skip immolate.
    Give tank 5 seconds to gather up threat.
    Use Soulshatter.
    I know this one will be messed up and incomprehensible: stop attacking for a moment. But I promise, it works, you will never get attacked and killed if you take care to not pull aggro.

3. problem is with ranged aoe, im not geared enough to pull anything big during Metamorphosis
    casting times are really long atm and i open with COE which doesn't do damage so i don't make any damage before 5 seconds anyway right now
    obviously i expect this to change dramatically as i gear haste and thats my concern
    btw thanks for the invaluable advice to stop attacking in order to avoid taking aggro, i learn new things every day
    but the question was if i need to do that n-o-w then what am i supposed to do w-h-e-n i get geared
    i searched to see if anyone else is having these issues and now im reading about a 5.5 lock who cant stop aggroing from geared tanks, thats goign to be me next month
    unless you are telling me that when i get 5.5 i should extend the waiting period and wait for 20 seconds instead of 5 sec because it just works as you promised
    nevermind that we are talking about rdfs here and in 20 seconds the mobs should be dead

in other words what i am asking is not survivability advice but whether there are any spell mechanics (especially pet related like healing the pet etc) that have any effects on threat - meaning i should incorporate them in my rotation(?)
    i do use Soulshatter but the amount it reduces is ridiculous, are there any other mechanics that boosts its effectiveness for example? thats what im looking for

i read on this other thread people asking the OP if he has disabled his pet taunt
    how is the pets taunt affecting the warlock's threat? what about the other pet abilities? do they affect my threat?
    thats the kind of stuff im asking about

4. Don't forget that many of the players are terrible,regardless of their gear. So taking aggro isn't something unusual if you're not randomly pressing buttons.

Generally,decent tanks should have no problems with threat(may have some with aoe on some classes in the first few seconds,namely dk(okay,in this case usually not just the first few seconds) and warrior(usually it's good to wait for Shockwave),druid is so-so but swipe aggro is really meh(2-3 swipes should be anough tho),paladins should have the least problems with aoe(usually Hammer of the Righteous solves aoe threat) due to their kit),unless you fat finger a taunt in as demonology. A good piece of advice besides waiting(oh how i wish that would work here,but no,*****s gotta top the dungeon meters on trash mobs) is always attacking the tank's target,using less burst(like instead of meta+immolation a slow and steady spam of seed of corruption+tab target etc). Players with a brain won't care much about your dps on trash mobs,so it's not bad to take it slow.

Soulshatter should solve boss threat unless it still doesn't work correctly after all these years. Can't tell how it's on demonology atm,since i mostly play affliction,and they rarely have threat issues,due to their "burst" being concentrated into the execute phase.

As for pet taunt,while it's not a proper taunt,it still can get some mobs off the tank if they have low aggro on it for whatever reasons,but they can't really tank player threat,so if that happens,the mob(s) can go out of control and start smacking players,however,it's usually not an issue on single target. It's much harder to take back aggro without taunting(which is often saved for crucial moments,especially outside the lowered T9 cooldown/warriors using Vigilance on the right player) when that happens.