1. help me figure out why i cant get into low gs bracket

i have 2 wars both with the same max gs of 4140 and 4154. the 4145 guy has worse gear with greens and other things but he has his gs inflated with some 219 fos/pos gear. 4140 ALWAYS gets into the low bracket bg. the 4145 guy ALWAYS gets placed into the HIGH bracket bg despite having almost the exact same GS. i already deleted a bunch of gear to try to get back into the braket. im extremely confused and frustrated with the situation. im kind of at a loss of what to do other than continue deleting my gear until i have nothing left... or start completely over. can someone help me out? is it also about actual item levels and not just gearscore? i have a 226 bracer for example. is it capping my resilience and saying i have too much resil to enter? could it be a high level enchant? desperate for help.
    Edited: November 21, 2021

2. I don't know if that's still the case or not but usually items that weren't available on Frostmourne instantly put you into higher bracket. If your 4145 toon has FoS and PoS gear that's the reason.
    Also, brackets are in addition most likely based around average iLvl, not gearscore.

3. actually the lower one has the fos pos gear and gets in all the time. i feel like my other one is blacklisted or something.

so you think it could be my 226 bracers or something?

4. Sadly if you once had item which moved you out of lower bracket, deleting wont help. Only way is to make new character.
    Or at least thats how it worked when i was trying to make twink. Heard now its probably changed.
    Edited: November 25, 2021

5. If the point of change was to make these brackets as a natural flow for people who are gearing/new, instead of playground for experienced people to clap new players with their twinks - maybe they added some hidden triggers, like time /played or total honor gained, something like that. Sounds like "Measures" to me that are mentioned in changelog.

6. Warmane must have changed something because I just got back from a months break, and my character that could always enter the low bracket is now being sent to the high one.

7. I don't know if that's still the case or not but usually items that weren't available on Frostmourne instantly put you into higher bracket. If your 4145 toon has FoS and PoS gear that's the reason.
    Also, brackets are in addition most likely based around average iLvl, not gearscore.
    I play low bracket actively from Icecrown with Frostmourne players, the players from IC in that bracket have both wrathful offparts and all the boe from ICC(Items that aren't available on Frostmourne as they are in relentless/toc still). That makes me believe items have no impact unless its smourne or something. These same players do have the average ilvl to be there regardless of the huge discrepancy in gear ilvl.

Either way i don't see transparency from the devs on the matter so till then i am seeking a valid response to why that man can't get in his bracket. I play a few 5.1-5.2k chars(one bracket above OP), they all get in within blackrock bracket which is good, but i have a friend in same position as the OP, lower gear than me but can't get in same bracket as me unless i am party leader and I queue us(my character forces my friend into a lower bracket :wtf: when he queues alone he ends up in high bracket :lol:). My friend does have a long /played and over 30k HK's(thats nothing) so if that is the case i would like to see a dev log on that. Responses as "most likely" "maybe" or "if" don't work.

It would make no sense to make an hidden trigger as "played time" and "HK's or honor gained", if people decide not to gear progress they shouldn't be forced into a bracket they will be only feeding and contribute to imbalance(literally the opposite of the devs goal).

P.S: I talk in GS but i know its average ilvl that matters, everything i said are within ilvl of those brackets.

Either way, the OP is 4.1k, its plain wrong for him to land in high bracket, whenever I play high and see players like him on my team its not a good thing for neither of us when there were for sure a lot of other players with higher gs than him to join. (gamebreaking)
    Edited: December 4, 2021

8. What if maybe most likely devs didn't announce it so you cant hijack this mechanism and clap new players with your twink?

With 30k HS's you can't deck your character in rele/wrath and fight in top bracket? What?

9. What if maybe most likely devs didn't announce it so you cant hijack this mechanism and clap new players with your twink?

With 30k HS's you can't deck your character in rele/wrath and fight in top bracket? What?
    What if isn't answer and i won't argue with a person whose argument is what if.

If you have 30k HK's or 200Hk's is irrelevant, your gear progression is personal. Making measures like the ones you suggested doesn't promote gear progress or make people get wrathful to play high bracket, instead make them useless in high cause 80% of them won't gear. It promotes the clapping you so are against.

Gear metas aren't a bad thing, without gear metas you have imbalance, the clapping happens cause people queue in greens, not cause people found a gear meta(twinked or put half day effort to not be 2 shot) in a bracket. That makes PvP in any game or scenario accessible and more competitive. Don't tell me queuing on greens is competitive mindset.

Do you also think pve players should be forced to do ICC 25Heroic in 3k gs after certain ammount of playtime and dungeon runs? Cause that is literally the logic of your post.
    Edited: December 4, 2021

10. devs: "we made some conditions to improve joining player experience by removing twinks from low bracket"
    you: "hOw dO I gEt inTo LoW bRacKeT, oMg gAmEbREakiNg"

bruh

11. devs: "we made some conditions to improve joining player experience by removing twinks from low bracket"

I am in low, mid and high brackets without issues. Its him and other players who are sent out of their brackets. That post was meaningless, the question is and still remains:

What were the conditionings for the player to be labeled "twink" and put them out of their brackets for an high bracket that is 2k gs above when he meets the same gear or lower than actual twinks. Thats all.

12. Warmane must have changed something because I just got back from a months break, and my character that could always enter the low bracket is now being sent to the high one.
    have you considered the fact that maybe once you enter the higher tier bracket you can't go back?

13. Brackets are useless and should be removed, they never existed in wow in first place, don't know why they have been implemend to do a favour to snowflakes.

You enter in bg as the meatshield you are and you work your way top.

I made an alt and with bgs and pugs, without donating, i reached 6.1k gs in few months, which is not bis but good enough to compete against everyone and having fun. It's easy to reach 6k gs, if you can't do that and you need little games to sneak in low bracket gs to play, maybe this game is not for you.

14. If you want to really be 100% sure you will be in the lower bracket just start with the lowest sets, don't farm FOS POS or any of those, get a furious wep from points and get yourself deadly/furious gear.
    Trying to cheese in the best gear will most likely result in moving in an upper bracket

15. have you considered the fact that maybe once you enter the higher tier bracket you can't go back?
    I think random assumptions like this and the ones "angrylol" is making are quite useless to the subject. I also simply wanted to know how it works now, I wasn't complaining about it. There's a big difference which some forum users don't seem to grasp.

Since I made my post a friend told me what's up. Apparently when frostwolf changes seasons like it does now, this always happens to the crossrealm bracket (and no clue if it's on purpose or some side-effect), and it's always been back to normal so far, once that thing is over.

12 Last