Before you think to yourself "who the heck cares about gurubashi", you'd be surprised at how many people actually love hanging out there. I didn't play on warmane for long periods of time until gurubashi became a go to for casual world pvp/ganking/chill. I have some propositions that piss the hell out of me and make gurubashi a hellhole instead of a chill zone with casual ganking, which it should be.

1. Everyone is red (enemy) to everyone else. I get it, 90% of people play alliance because "double trinket broooo", but hear me out. This just promotes ganking via raids where one guy just invites everyone except his target to a raid and then camps him until he logs out. Solution: Just make everyone be red to everyone inside the actual arena circle (and maybe turn off the feature where you can be in a party/raid, while inside the circle), and let the same faction be green to itself. This will move the people a few hundred yards towards the actual arena (instead of running around at the entrance to the arena, where the teleporter is, see #2), but will also promote people having different faction chars (for example if you wanna kill someone that's alliance, you go on horde char, and vice versa).
2. Move or change the teleporter features. As it currently stands, people just make a rogue, mage, hunter or a NElf (classes and race that can drop combat instantly) and then vanish/feign death/pop invis/pop shadowmeld near the teleporter and then run away. The other bad thing about teleporting is people logging 5 accounts and buffing themselves with heroism/shields/heals/blood dk thing that gives you 20% damage, and then teleport to gurubashi, gank someone, vanish at teleporter, rinse and repeat. This is extremely annoying and when like 10 people do this at the same time, staying in Gurubashi is impossible, unless you're a stam stacking blood dk with three healers (lol). Solution: either move the teleporter somewhere farther away (bad solution, because the combat will just move closer to it naturally), or add a feature where you can only teleport after being out of combat for 5 seconds or something similar. For the buffing part, maybe make a feature where your damage/haste/crit buffs (the ones that last shorter than, say, 1 minute) get removed when you teleport.
3. Remove the gear penalty after reviving at the spirit. This also just makes it easier for people to gank you, because after 3 revives you drop to like 10k hp and literally get one shot. Remove the gear penalty completely.