1. Name plates

I wonder why the nameplates are so low? I have played and donated to warmane, for years, and the nameplates are so low, it is beyond annoying, can't see anyone's transmog, can't tell if you are behind a player if you are playing rogue. Does anyone else have this problem? I tried nameplate addons but they are terrible. One of the things I hate about retail now is the new nameplates they have but here, they are worse. Just wondering if that could be an easy fix or if anyone has a suggestion? Thanks

2. I tried nameplate addons but they are terrible
    which one have you tried?

3. what do you mean they are low? they are literally above player head, depends on your camera angle ofc.

4. what do you mean they are low? they are literally above player head, depends on your camera angle ofc.
    he means this:

blizzard nameplates
    Spoiler: Show

addons nameplates (tidy plates, after changing the vertical value)
    Spoiler: Show

With higher "camera distance" blizzard nameplates are even more annoying, above all while PvP.

5. Back in the day this was discussed here, I looked at old screenshots and I didn't find that the nameplates had gotten any lower over the years.

6. Oh I see now, on Warmane I have to play scrolled all the way in? When I do that the nameplates are above the player. but I don't have to do this on classic or TBC retail. I can play normal and still see people. It isn't supposed to be like this is it? I played WOTLK back in the day and the nameplates were not like this. I don't want to have to scroll all the way in so I can't see around me.

7. Sure, but the classic/tbc clients from blizzard are based on the shadowlands client, while the current wotlk client is over 10 years old now.

You should see the nameplates of the vanilla client. When murlocs hit you in melee, their nameplates stay affixed to their heads, swinging in a parabolic fashion.