1. Mages at solo content (Farming, achievements, elite mobs)

I'm fairly new to the mage in wrath (5.5k gs atm) but it seems like a fun class and something to transition to after playing retribution and protection paladin for most of my time at warmane.

Question regarding farming materials, achievements and killing elite mobs; how do mages fare? I haven't yet tried to do heavy farming (mainly cloths, my professions are tailoring/enchanting) but it seems like a daunting class compared to my paladin or hunter.

Is it possible to effectively farm materials or go after achievements solo with a mage? If so, any tips are greatly appreciated. I'm speced in fire (ttw) but I can get a second spec if frost or arcane fare better at soloing content.

2. Frost spec for bubbles, freezes and buffed AoE? Useful for lower level dungeons and such.

What kind of content do you intend to clear? Might affect specs a bit.

3. yes and no. Depends on boss/trashes mecanics. To be a bit more precise, as mage you do magic damage. You have acces to 3 schools of magic (arcane, fire, frost). Some bosses or trashes are immune versus one of these schools. For example bosses immune to slow*,.... so it's really complicate. You need to know exactly what you doing and mecanics of all dungeons. (that include "low" lel dungeon because you don't have enought burst in frost to kill boss enought quicker before they kill you. Your ice barrier is not enought.)

I don't think mage is a "good" transition after playing paladin. In paladin class, your class play for you (it's due to how this class work ). This is not the case of mage, especially if you try to do solo thing. It's possible but you have to understand mecanics and to be smarter and play around and with it.

*it's actually they case of many bosses. As example try hellfire dungeons
    Edited: December 26, 2021

4. Soloing old raids (look up Cinondra and his movies, mage solo is/was his thing):

https://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=162459

5. Soloing old raids (look up Cinondra and his movies, mage solo is/was his thing):

https://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=162459
    I soloed anq20 with my warr tank. Every boss was easy except that flying boss (impossible to kill since I don't have air attack) and that bug optional boss. He seems to hit so hard and requires some special mechanics where you have to make him go under some special sand,etc. Last boss, easy.

Anyway, nice video.