1. What you want is profession materials to only go to that profession's practitioner, only when it suits you.

Don't forget the RDF is group effort, not solo project. You contribute to the group and then share on your contributions. Should BiS players ask money in RDF for 'carrying'? I mean they did spend a lot of time, or real money, to get their gear? Sharing is caring, not sharing is not caring (about others)?

Also don't forget JC's need Infinite Dusts to create Nightmare Tears, should they buy them from AH, or should they ask enchanter for free materials as they can't get them for free.

Neither are enchanting materials direct materials. You create enchanting materials from in-game items.

This topic has been discussed so many times, you're not the 1st one, and sadly, you're not the last one either.

2. "Also don't forget JC's need Infinite Dusts to create Nightmare Tears, should they buy them from AH, or should they ask enchanter for free materials as they can't get them for free."

Yes actually, they should buy it from enchatners, its more than obvious lol.
    Thats basicly how ecosystem works, how world works, and how system works.

Excuse me, you are the one that wants everything for free actually not me, you are more worried for enchant prices than the entire system.

3. This. Just because you have enchanting doesn't mean every item that can be DE that a person doesn't need for their character is automatically yours. Also how do you know if another one of them doesn't also have enchanting? A lot of those players will stockpile their mats so they can get an enchanter to enchant their gear, rather than just sell them.

4. "Just because you have enchanting doesn't mean every item that can be DE that a person doesn't need for their character is automatically yours."
    Okay, I never said that, next one.
    Obviously when other have enchanting they also can pres DE button simple as that.

Btw: The way the system works suits my take on this situation perfectly actually. Let show you an example. I dont have herbalism to take mats for elixirs (Endless Rage or Frost Wyrm) so i have to buy them from alchemist. Its totally fine cause i make money from my profesions to spend for another goods right? Also cant collect leathers (Skinning) for items right? So i have to buy them from skinning guy, go to leatherworking guy, probably do some tip and he also makes money. Why then enchanters cant take your herbs, rocks, leathers and so on if you contantly stealing from them and you see nothing wrong about it?

5. Because you wouldn't even be able to get this items for DE without said group in RDF)

6. This is how the game works. We aren't going to change anything about it.
    If you don't like it, your best option is dropping Enchanting and taking another profession.

Now, if knowing that you still want to discuss it just for the sake of discussing, go ahead.

7. Why then enchanters cant take your herbs, rocks, leathers and so on if you contantly stealing from them and you see nothing wrong about it?
    This change was made because enchanting is unique in the sense that it generates it's own resources without needing a second profession. This let enchanters inflate prices to high heavens on mats,which then they profited from again from when the poor sod who finally got the gold together to get the ****load of Abyss Crystals for his Berserking enchant from AH was then asked to tip for their services.

Skinning alone does jack **** and needs LW to profit from,either by selling mats to a leathworker or picking up LW.
    Mining likewise.
    Herbalism again does jack **** without alchemy.
    Enchanting comes with its built in gathering proff,none of the other crafting professions do.
    I'll tell you what the DE button does: saves time for players on stuff they'd send to an enchanting alt/friend,since they could still roll greed,win your item and you get jack ****. Likewise,BoP items could still be won,sold. In that case,noone would see anything from it but the winner(a small sum of gold). It costs you nothing to provide the DE,people will still come to you(or other enchanters) for doing actual enchantments unless you don't know how to use your profession properly to make gold.
    Doing dungeons is a group effort,everyone deserves to roll DE,if you disagree you can pick another profession,do rdfs with only friends who agree with you,or collect every item,DE them,and then offer rolls when the dungeon ends(that's what decent players did back in the old days),or,you can go out,kill mobs,DE items and everything will be yours.

About mining/skinning/picking herbs in instances - first off,very few instances actually have nodes,and when they do its low tier crap(and it's very few nodes as well). All the widely used stuff requires high tier mats,hence why when someone does farm them,it's not in 5 mans,but in Ulduar or in the wilds.
    And second,people are so obsessed with speedrunning instances,they whine about taking 10 secs to kill FoS trash. And that trash drops a 15k-ish worth quest item,albeit at a low chance.
    Can you guess what those apes would do if you stop to skin every beast(provided their corpse even gets looted),stop for a saronite(at best) node or Goldclover node? Especially when there are better methods at getting better tier mats outside of the 5m.
    Or you want herbs/that 3-4 piece of saronite ore/leather? Sure,hook me up with a dungeon run,i'll stop and roll every single piece of leather etc that i get,i bet the group will like that.
    And yes,i have enchanting as well,and i'm swimming in mats regardless of people using my proff to DE dungeon crap. Two guild tabs worth in fact. And i could still make a ****load of gold if i wasn't lazy to log and make scrolls. Maybe stop focusing on your greed and start focusing on how to utilize your profession to obtain gold?
    Edited: January 13, 2022

8. I get your point. but i want to mention that things worked on global, and works on blizzlike servers the way i asked it to work. My non existing greed you constantly calling out here means totally nothing, how can you call me a greeder when you are the ones that want to profit from prof you dont even have trained lol :D There are some of your arguments that i cant agree to. Like skining/mining/herb cant make profit. Sure they can, but remember they also have no cost to train so profit is obviously lower than with other profs (LW,BS, Alch). If they do high profit that would be unfair and no one would use other profs for money. Thats why Enchanters should have prio on the items to DE not the all server. Its one of the hardest prof to train and takes lots of money to max out. Look at the prices of some items. Also server rates makes it a bit harded cause you are not progressing the way you should and skipping many levels, dungeons, what mean you basicly get less items throughout the leveling process.

About the prices if DE would only be able for enchanters. You know.. the mats you stay probably same range but sold by another people (just enchaters). Also only enchanters would actually buy the mats (okay maybe not only but mostly). Prices of enchants wouldnt be as high as you think, its not the enchanter choosing the price. Its how much client is willing to pay. If mats would me like 2k, its obvious enchanters would sell that for like 5k or something.

9. Enchanting is expensive to level?! Are you kidding? You have to buy only rods! everything else comes to you for free, just by DEing items. Together with tailoring, it is cheapest profession to level up. Everything you need drops from mobs and quests that you pick while killing said mobs.
    Not to mention that once you get to lvl 80, you just sweep all previous expansions 5-man dungeons for tonns of enchanting materials

10. While I don't agree that enchanters should get all excess gear to DE for themselves, I do agree that the disenchant button should not exist for players who are not enchanters. Everyone should roll greed. If the enchanter wins it, he can DE it. If a player who doesn't have enchanting wins the greed roll, he can either find an enchanter to DE it for him (whether for free or for a processing cost), or list it on the AH so an enchanter can buy it and DE it to use the mats.

Processing of materials should award the people who leveled the profession, not everyone. I liken it to jewelcrafters prospecting ore or inscribers creating ink - both of which are not universal to anyone who is in a group.

11. Processing of materials should award the people who leveled the profession, not everyone. I liken it to jewelcrafters prospecting ore or inscribers creating ink - both of which are not universal to anyone who is in a group.
    Except enchanting is the only crafting profession which comes with its own "gathering" profession built in(disenchanting) for mats. Every other crafting profession requires a gathering profession either on your or someone else's toon. Milling - you still need herbs,prospecting - you still need ore. For enchanting,there's no need for that,since all you need is green+ quality loot,which drops regardless of professions(and also only requires mobs,since there are barely any nodes of herbs and ores in dungeons).

And,as always,people think like mining,picking herbs and skinning is so common in dungeons. No it's not(at least mining and herbalism certainly doesn't worth the time in the what,~2 5m dungeons),skinning perhaps,however there are much better,easier and faster methods at getting leather than bothering people in 5m dungeons with your skinning,when most of them just wants to get over with it for their emblems.

My favorite comment from the mmo-champion thread about the subject is this:
    You level a profession that requires no gathering component other then what's given in the profession, freeing up a second slot to pick up something else. You pair that with tailoring giving you a near BiS setup for practically any caster, again without the need for a gathering profession. Then you use these two professions in tandem without the need to gather anything other then autolooting mobs while questing to get all your materials.

THEN you complain about non enchanters using a DE button, which is one step shorter then making any enchanter in the other dude's guild/collection of alts do it instead

First 12