1. Auction house item limit

Hello
    Is there a chance to make a limit for one type of items?
    For example "Runecloth", actually 6000 auctions, while more than 5000 are just from one person, he just flooded AH with 1x runecloth per auction, also giving abstract price. This type of behaviour is with every single item for crafting, if there a chance for limiting number auctions per item type, it could really clean up all the mess in AH.
    Regards

2. What if I have more than 6000 auctions, but legit auctions, not some 1 copper in stacks of 1?

3. They just need to ban people who use AH bots. Here's what I don't understand about Warmane- botting in any other form is completely bannable but if you want to use a AH bot to buyout/undercut/relist items 24/7, even when they are not at the computer, its 100% legal and they don't care. Ironically, this would probably fix the gold-drain and inflation issues but w/e.

4. ok, a few things can go wrong here:

first of all, as was stated before, some people have a lot (and i mean A LOT) of legit auction items, and yes, things like runecloth are usually bought in bulk, but what if those 6000 items are gems, for example? you would be preventing people from selling their stuff via AH just because 1 guy flooded it.

second, if restrictions were to happen, then one of 2 bad things will follow: players will be forced to sell (and buy) in bulk (which means a LOT of money will be needed to obtain just 1 item, and probably a lot to spare), or they just wont sell, generating a decrease in supply which will cause an increase in prices.

neither of these options are good. however, i do agree on the fact that warmane staff could and should beging tracking and banning people who use ah bots to constantly try to scam people on ah (those 1 copper bet but double the buy price, thats an outright scam)

5. Totally Agree here. There is an issue.
    And those that have legitimate 6000+ Auctions at any given time are extremely few, I wouldn't be surprised if they are under a dozen.

The main issue are the people that flood the AH with 1 copper bid, and absurd buyout prices at 1 item per stack for hundreds of auctions. This puts any new player at a complete disadvantage and will take them close to 30 mins to scrape through hundreds of pages for the same item.

This is very bad design and poor behaviour on the part of the auctioneers. Honestly I personally don't think it should be welcome in this community. Its far more disadvantageous to the whole of the population than it is advantageous to the less than dozen Jeff bezos traders in warmane who are taking malicious advantage of the newbies and those with no patience.

6. Just use an addon that skips that stuff for you.

7. There is no way it is worth it. Collecting 6000 auctions for some scraps you can get from runecloth? Nah. It's some derp with this big genius idea, but then he as to spend hours cleaning mailbox when it all expires, while he could have just killed mobs in northrend for 1hr and gotten more gold.

It's not a real problem, it's an artefact of huge population market, these big brain dudes will crop up from time to time. Just the way it is.

However, if he keeps it up, it could be a good indication it's an automated bot, go start collecting evidence instead of trying to **** things up for people who enjoy playing AH.

8. Just use an addon that skips that stuff for you.
    Where's the handbook for addons? Addons should not be a solution to poor design in game. This is the whole purpose of this suggestion & changes section.
    Also - are addons part of the 3.3.5 download hash warmane provide in their download link? No it's not.. addons are optional, new players have no idea they exist nor where to obtain them.

There is no way it is worth it. Collecting 6000 auctions for some scraps you can get from runecloth? Nah. It's some derp with this big genius idea, but then he as to spend hours cleaning mailbox when it all expires, while he could have just killed mobs in northrend for 1hr and gotten more gold.

It's not a real problem, it's an artefact of huge population market, these big brain dudes will crop up from time to time. Just the way it is.

However, if he keeps it up, it could be a good indication it's an automated bot, go start collecting evidence instead of trying to **** things up for people who enjoy playing AH.
    I'm sorry, I'm having trouble comprehending your argument here. People bringing up legitimate concerns that bother them when navigating the AH is **** things up for people like you?
    I see it all the time on the AH, not sure how often you're playing...
    Edited: January 20, 2022 Reason: grammar

9. My argument is that it's part of the game. It's a legit strategy, despite extreme work required and measly income. It would be like banning people for interupting in PVP.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Go and make suggestion for staff to revise how items are sorted across all pages(currently by Bid), offer good solution. Not like "ban plis" would solve anything. Actually YOU have the power to fight this 1 copper practice, all you need is little gold in a bag, but you don't want to do work.

10. My argument is that it's part of the game. It's a legit strategy, despite extreme work required and measly income. It would be like banning people for interupting in PVP.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Go and make suggestion for staff to revise how items are sorted across all pages(currently by Bid), offer good solution. Not like "ban plis" would solve anything. Actually YOU have the power to fight this 1 copper practice, all you need is little gold in a bag, but you don't want to do work.
    Using 3rd party programs to manipulate the game isn't apart of the game. It needs to be banned because its obviously botting. Thats my argument. Im sure there is a braindead person out there putting stacks on AH with 1 copper bid but I'd be willing to bet that the majority of them are bots. Its the same botting problem that they have on Classic- you list an item from below the price they have set i.e. below market value, and the bot instantly buys it out and relist it. Go list an Abyss Crystal for 10-20g under market value and it is instantly bought by a bot. This whole "We are going to do anything unless you report it" bull****, is just that, a bull**** method. Whats the point of even having server GMs? Since when is it my job to catch bots and cheating players? Im pretty sure that is the definition of their job description. That is literally their job.

I can say I'm seeing massive amount of bots being banned every day, but I'm sure thats probably from players reporting them and not because they took it upon themselves to actually open the AH tab and see the massive amounts of botting taking place.

11. Since you have evidence of botting, beyond any doubt, why not simply report? Where is the roblem?

Yeah, that's what I thought, you don't have anything. You want staff to ban people on your "omg must be obviously bot 100%, I promise"?

12. Since you have evidence of botting, beyond any doubt, why not simply report? Where is the roblem?

Yeah, that's what I thought, you don't have anything. You want staff to ban people on your "omg must be obviously bot 100%, I promise"?
    Is that what I said? No. You're just to ignorant to comprehend what I did say. I said, if I have to repeat myself, that botting is obvious and easy to figure out and that its not my job to do the job of the Server GMs. Do you even play on Warmane? Would you like me to post screenshots from the last few weeks where they have banned literally 100s of accounts, 20-30 at a time, for Botting? But Botting doesn't exist does it? Not in your little fantasy world where you can't comprehend the simplest botting program in existence. BUT SURE! Youre a genius. All those bots on the AH are real-living, breating people who don't sleep, and lurk the AH 24/7 and buy everything you list instantly! That makes so much more sense! How dumb of me to not consider that! I'll certainly refer to you and your opinions from now on.

13. Instead of saying things, go do things.
    You are like one of those protesters, holding a sign to make yourself feel good(you did something, right?), instead of actually doing something about it.

And there are multiple things you can do, you can sift it with addons, you can collect evidence and report them, you can bid on their 1 coppers some 70-80% market value to grind them into losing gold. You can even make a proper and argumented suggestion to change the sorting into "by buyout per item" across all pages, that would eliminate 1 copper dudes instantly and make everything more competitive with less room for bots.

ps
    You say you can see bot just by opening AH. What? Tell us this magical secret knowledge, so GMs can go and ban them. I'm sure you wouldn't go and accuse people without any proof, just because you don't understand whats possible to be done on AH by 1 legit player.
    Edited: January 20, 2022

14. Instead of saying things, go do things.
    You are like one of those protesters, holding a sign to make yourself feel good(you did something, right?), instead of actually doing something about it.

And there are multiple things you can do, you can sift it with addons, you can collect evidence and report them, you can bid on their 1 coppers some 70-80% market value to grind them into losing gold. You can even make a proper and argumented suggestion to change the sorting into "by buyout per item" across all pages, that would eliminate 1 copper dudes instantly and make everything more competitive with less room for bots.

ps
    You say you can see bot just by opening AH. What? Tell us this magical secret knowledge, so GMs can go and ban them. I'm sure you wouldn't go and accuse people without any proof, just because you don't understand whats possible to be done on AH by 1 legit player.
    The thing is, you keep going on about "1 copper dudes" and I haven't said anything about them. Actually, what I said was, that there are numerous branddead people who do just that. I went on to say, that its easy to distinguish who is a Bot, by the way that they buyout/relist items instantly. Can a player do this? Sure, its possible but is it likely that a player found my AH as soon as it was listed and had it relisted in an unrealistic amount of time? Not really. Not only that, but a GM has tools to view this activity moreso than I do.

Do you really think, that people use complex bots that follow mining and herb routes, going node from node, but there is no possible way, not a single chance, that there would be any AH bots? Even given the circumstances and current situation of the AH, you still choose to stand on a hill of ignorance. Not only that, but do you even realize how much easier and undetectable an AH bot is than a complex mining route bot? Obviously not.

As for you brilliant idea that you just bid, 70%-80% of market value and they lose gold- you do realize they can cancel auctions right? and you just get your money back and they keep their item? Or are you talking about the 1 Silver deposit? Lol. Yeahhhhh Your going to break them for sure! What is that? 100 items per 1g? Oh yeah! Let me waste 12 hours of my life to take 5g away from someone who has gold cap on probably multiple characters? Like i said, your a genius!

I haven't accused anyone of anything. I've not singled out anyone. You're just to naive to understand how the AH and gold-farmers work. But w/e, the same people who use bots to farm mats wouldn't ever think to use bots for the AH. That's just asinine and unfeasible.

You know what you are like? Someone who doesn't know what they are talking about who tries to sound intelligent and take the position of superior morality but just ends up sounding completely uninformed. Its like when the student thinks he knows better than the teacher but you have inspired me. Next time I go shopping, I'm going to go ask security if I can watch the cameras before I shop to help them catch shoplifters. Why? Because that's the logic you are spewing and I think you are a genius who has amazing advice!

I mean, why wouldn't I spend my entire day trying to do the job of the Server GM instead of just playing the game? I guess I really need to rethink my priorities. Yknow what, next time I see a Police officer arresting someone, I'll just stop him and say "ill take it from here, Officer" and take the guy to jail myself. I mean, why shouldn't I? That's your logic. Go out of my way to do the job of someone else for absolutely no reason other than "just because".

15. So, here a realistic suggestion that would instantly fix the AH, after the next gold-drain, make it so that you can't cancel auctions after someone has bid on them. Problem Solved.

12 Last