1. cant see chat bubbles

on my ally char, i cant see ally /s and /y but i can see horde /s and /y in [orcish].

similarly, on my horde char i cant see horde /s and /y but i can see ally /s and /y in [common]

cant tell when this started happening, but im pretty sure i didnt add any addons recently

help pls

2. in-game menu -> Social -> enable "chat bubble"

3. yup already did that, still no effect

4. the issue is just the missing of "bubble" above player's head or you are missing their message being displayed on "chat frame" as well?

5. just the bubble. i can see the "Defile on me" in the chat box, but i cant see the bubble on top of the persons head

6. In-game setting -> social -> chat bubbles enabled?

7. yes i have it enabled.

additional information: on another account, i have no problems with the chat bubbles

8. disabling all my addons before logging in a character doesnt fix it, however, starting a new WTF folder fixes it. yet its very tiring to reconfigure all of my addons since i use a lot. can anyone help me as to why this is happening?

9. disabling all my addons before logging in a character doesnt fix it, however, starting a new WTF folder fixes it. yet its very tiring to reconfigure all of my addons since i use a lot. can anyone help me as to why this is happening?
    there is no need to lose addons setting, just delete game setting of that account

Before to do it, make a backup of your WTF folder (so make a copy and place it somehwere)

Now, to delete game settings:
    Open WoW folder -> WTF -> Accounts ->"Account name"
    Delete:
    cache.md5
    config-cache.wtf
    config-cache.old
    SavedVariables.lua
    SavedVariables.lua.bak

then open "RealmName" ->"Character name"
    And inside each character folder delete:
    cache.md5
    chat-cache.txt
    chat-cache.old
    config-cache.wtf
    config-cache.old
    layout-local.txt
    SavedVariables.lua
    SavedVariables.lua.bak

(do NOT delete "SavedVariables" folder)

10. there is no need to lose addons setting, just delete game setting of that account

Before to do it, make a backup of your WTF folder (so make a copy and place it somehwere)

Now, to delete game settings:
    Open WoW folder -> WTF -> Accounts ->"Account name"
    Delete:
    cache.md5
    config-cache.wtf
    config-cache.old
    SavedVariables.lua
    SavedVariables.lua.bak

then open "RealmName" ->"Character name"
    And inside each character folder delete:
    cache.md5
    chat-cache.txt
    chat-cache.old
    config-cache.wtf
    config-cache.old
    layout-local.txt
    SavedVariables.lua
    SavedVariables.lua.bak

(do NOT delete "SavedVariables" folder)
    wow this fixed it. do i have to keep doing this every time i encounter the problem? or does it permanently fix it? and what causes me to lose my chat bubbles in the first place?

11. wow this fixed it. do i have to keep doing this every time i encounter the problem? or does it permanently fix it? and what causes me to lose my chat bubbles in the first place?
    The reason why I said to delete all those files is because I do not know in which one there is the "info" that cause the issue.

Once in a while make a copy of your WTF folder. (generelly speaking is always a good idea for many different reason)

So if the bug occurs again you can replace those specific files with the ones from backup
    Edited: January 18, 2022

12. The reason why I said to delete all those files is because I do not know in which one there is the "info" that cause the issue.

Once in a while make a copy of your WTF folder. (generelly speaking is always a good idea for many different reason)

So if the bug occurs again you can replace those files specific files with the ones from backup
    i see, thanks!

13. ok it keeps repeating and i am starting to get annoyed. anyone know whats causing this?