1. A Warmane LFG System.

Hello to all,

Like myself, I'm sure you or someone you know has encountered a problem with finding a dungeon, raid, or even a transmog group at some point during their warmane career.

Spamming /yell, /2 (trade), and /5( global), gets very old yet chaotic when your or a group/raid you're looking for has that message moved up that general chat window in less than a second due to 'X' many other people/groups looking for others to join theirs. This issue has killed the experience of playing warmane for myself and many others which a short one month of playing leads to another year long break.

These realms have thousands of people on at one point. Icecrown constantly 5,000 plus... that chat window only holds a guesstimate of 10-15 lines of text at a time... to end up scrolling up manually to find that one group looking for my class. We need change. We deserve change. A new, improved, simplified, less chaotic, less chat polluted environment. A NEW system where we can find people looking to join/or join an existing group much more convenient. A system similar too.... Looking for raid!!

A looking for raid would be so very much beneficial to server population and chat pollution. Please for the love of god make warmane have a better player retention rate!

Cheers.

2. I definitely agree that a LFG system (Like the one in retail) would be a huge QOL improvement. It can get really annoying when each time that I search for a group in the /global I have to ignore at least 20 people (Guilds recruitment, players selling their toons, others searching for a mate in v2...) to be able to see through.
    Sadly I suspect that the devs already thought about it and since it wasn't already made I'm not getting my hopes too high.

3. You know you could just solve the issue, at least for the most part, yourself by using this: https://github.com/Ostoic/RaidBrowser

Ofc it won't solve the issue with a basically nonfunctional global because it's too common to spam for recruitment, char offers and whatever at this point - but it might make your raidissue bearable since you're not forced to interact with it that much anymore. Also works if you have someone on ignore btw. Just remember to unignore said person before whispering for a spot.

4. I use an addon called SpamThrottle, it removes duplicate messages seen already in the past X seconds, I got it set to 30 or 60. It is insanely chaotic, but that's global with thousands of people online, can't expect much from it. Also, move global to a new tab, pull it out of the frame and make it as big as it gets, much easier to catch a useful message that way.
    Or you could use an addon as Blind suggested, I haven't tried that one myself, but I see it mentioned around the forums from time to time, I guess people use it.
    Another thing to note is that LFR, if implemented like in later expansions, would just be chaos. I mean, RDF is a ****storm with people using cloth/int items on warriors just to get up to the iLvl requirement, don't you think they'd do the same for raids? Imagine TOC25 with 4.5k misconfigured items on a tank, oh boy, good luck. Later expansions changed how you obtain gear so it's unlikely you'll even get wrong items for your characters, especially from instances where it's impossible, but here you can get a warrior with more spellpower than a lowly priest.

5. @Blind I didn't know about this addon at all, but as you said it seems like it'll solve the issue by itself ! Thanks !

@Dolcokidol I think that he's talking about the LFG system and not the LFR. It's basically an interface where you can list your group with a note (you can write the GS req or what classes do you need for exemple), and people browse through to see the available groups and what's missing in each of them to apply. The addon linked by Blind is doing exactly that by processing the messages in the global channel if you want to see what it looks like.
    Edited: March 24, 2022

6. @blind I never knew about that. I will look into that more.

@dolco LFR would be more beneficial. I understand your point on getting people having non class/spec specific gear on (warrior with 264 holy pala plate belt) but it wouldn't be the same as LFG where it teleports your group into the raid once filled. It would work more as a listing of existing raids and people looking to join raids where they include notes (GS/Spec/Achieve) then followed by an inspection at a location if that's what the raid leader wants.

This would save more time and help with QOL for more serious and casual players like myself. I have a 15 month old baby boy and since hes been born, I can only get maybe a couple hours in at a time to play while hes napping or going down for the night. I and many other people cant afford to sit around for 30-45 minutes to fill a raid especially during different time zones.

Hopefully this seriously gets considered.

7. LFR would be more beneficial. I understand your point on getting people having non class/spec specific gear on (warrior with 264 holy pala plate belt) but it wouldn't be the same as LFG where it teleports your group into the raid once filled. It would work more as a listing of existing raids and people looking to join raids where they include notes (GS/Spec/Achieve) then followed by an inspection at a location if that's what the raid leader wants.

This would save more time and help with QOL for more serious and casual players like myself. I have a 15 month old baby boy and since hes been born, I can only get maybe a couple hours in at a time to play while hes napping or going down for the night. I and many other people cant afford to sit around for 30-45 minutes to fill a raid especially during different time zones.

I think that he's talking about the LFG system and not the LFR. It's basically an interface where you can list your group with a note (you can write the GS req or what classes do you need for exemple), and people browse through to see the available groups and what's missing in each of them to apply.
    This would change: nothing.

They'd list their same requirements as they already do on global. How do you think they'd get more people to check the raid on LFG? By spamming global. Same inspection routine would go, and it still takes the time to gather all the players (while making sure raid comp is decent, and that players aren't cheesing GS with off-spec/trash items). So technically it would only create raid browser interface to list raids, and where to apply to raids, this seems nice but it would change nothing.

Having LFG interface would not stop global/trade/city spam.
    Having LFG interface would not stop inspections.
    Having LFG interface would not stop raids filling slowly.
    Having LFG interface would not stop raids being slow.
    Having LFG interface would not stop people being removed from raids with inappropriate gear.
    Having LFG interface would not stop high GS/achievement requirements.
    Having LFG interface would not stop item reservations.
    Having LFG interface would not prevent ninjas.

What you're asking is already in the game, but afaik it's not working here:

8. That's the way LFG worked before patch 3.3. I think it would be cool but I doubt enough people would use it so it's not worth the trouble of implementing (or fixing) it.

An LFR system on the other hand would be really cool.
    Edited: March 24, 2022

9. This would change: nothing.

They'd list their same requirements as they already do on global. How do you think they'd get more people to check the raid on LFG? By spamming global. Same inspection routine would go, and it still takes the time to gather all the players (while making sure raid comp is decent, and that players aren't cheesing GS with off-spec/trash items). So technically it would only create raid browser interface to list raids, and where to apply to raids, this seems nice but it would change nothing.

Having LFG interface would not stop global/trade/city spam.
    Having LFG interface would not stop inspections.
    Having LFG interface would not stop raids filling slowly.
    Having LFG interface would not stop raids being slow.
    Having LFG interface would not stop people being removed from raids with inappropriate gear.
    Having LFG interface would not stop high GS/achievement requirements.
    Having LFG interface would not stop item reservations.
    Having LFG interface would not prevent ninjas.

What you're asking is already in the game, but afaik it's not working here:
    Yes I agree that it wouldn't change any of the issues you mentioned, but that's not what the LFG system is aiming for (Although it may help to reduce the spam if it becomes popular enough like in retail). As you said, that would just make it easier to search for the available raids without having to scroll through 500 messages in the global channel and that would be a huge improvement I believe.
    Anyway, the addon linked by Blind already solves the problem for me and i strongly recommend it !