1. 232Ilvl twinking gear guide

Hi guys,

I was thinking to make a 232Ilvl twink at some point back in the days and I was actually try to look for some gear guide, but I could not find anything so I have decided to level something and give it a try, check some stuff, try gears and things like that. After a long search finally I find a correct item level explanation on ownedcore which helped me a lot. So, I have decided to write it down for you. Please feel free to correct me if you think I am wrong, if you have any question please feel free to ask them, do not feel shame to ask anything.

So how to calculate your item level without any addon? Unfortunately, there is no item average level addon for WOTLK expansion as GearScore was the main addon.

So, how do you calculate? It is so easy and simple, all you need is calculator. Open your calculator and add the item levels of each items. Head, Neck, Shoulder, Cloak, Chest, Wrist, Weapon 1 - Weapon 2, Relic - Throw - Libram - Bow - Gun... anything that goes into that slot, Hand, Waist, Leg, Boot, Finger 1 - 2, Trinket 1 - 2. You have to make sure to NOT to count shirt and tabard, also count weapon twice still if you are wielding only 1.

So for example:
    Head 232Ilvl + Neck 232Ilvl + Shoulder 232Ilvl + Cloak 232Ilvl + Chest 232Ilvl + Wrist 232Ilvl + Weapon 1 232Ilvl + Weapon 2 232Ilvl + [Relic - Throw - Libram - Bow - Gun...] + Hand 232Ilvl + Waist 232Ilvl + Leg 232Ilvl + Boot 232Ilvl + Finger 1 232Ilvl + Finger 2 232Ilvl + Trinket 1 232Ilvl + Trinket 2 232Ilvl / 17 = 232

This is the way to calculate your equipped average level, please bear in mind all items puts weight on your average level including the ones kept in bank and bags.

Sadly, my 6025 Arms warrior has lost his viability in the highest bracket as I am not a donator also I don't farm 25HC on weekly bases. I am currently levelling up my Muti/Prep rogue for mid bracket and thinking to make a guild on Icecrown - Horde side, unsure if the would be popular. What do you guys think?

This is my paladin that I don't use anymore: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

Thank you for reading. Peace!

2. Unfortunately, there is no item average level addon for WOTLK expansion as GearScore was the main addon.
    Itemlevel calculations were made client-side from cata onwards,not by addons. And if you target yourself and type /gs,gearscore will display your avg ilvl.

Edited: January 22, 2022

3. So how to calculate your item level without any addon? Unfortunately, there is no item average level addon for WOTLK expansion as GearScore was the main addon.
    you can find an addon here: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=434160

4. Ohh that's great, I couldn't find anything at all! Thank you for this.

5. GearScore should have an option to display average item level as well.