1. Very good idea mate. Primos and orbs.

2. no actually you are wrong because if they didn't do the squish to control inflation the prices would be so out of whack that gold would eventually be worthless. Inflation is already insane on icecrown even when prices are "normal". You think you've "made sacrifices" to make gold? do you think everyone else hasn't also made similar sacrifices? The gold squish punishes everyone equally by taking 50% so if you have 800g because you don't play a lot then you only lose 400g, if you have 1 million gold because you play a lot of bought a lot then you lose 500,000 gold, so you are right about that, it doesn't matter how much gold you or anyone else has.

If your are savy then you can take advantage of the squish just like he said. I know because I do this. I won't say how because the fewer people who know about it, the less competition for those of us in the know. As the other guy said it's been discussed in previous posts and you sound like such a smart person, I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out if you want to ;)

3. everything what you wrote is pointless and side tracking in totally different direction of what i wrote thus stupid.
    Like....nothing of what you wrote has to do with what i wrote.
    If i have to guess you're just itching to write somewhere what epic without-gold-problems dude you are and this was your chance, like someone's bound to come to you now and polish your pencil for that. Very sad.
    All your 'guess-work' revolves around me having problem with gold. Tell me pumpkin, where the fck did i say i have a problem with gold?!
    Can you understand and beat into your head that i may have 50 gold or 500k gold or 5M gold - either way i will still always and forever be on the opinion that Warmane is spitting in my mouth by deleting half of it because 1.i know i've made sacrifices to earn it and 2.(most importantly) that squish achieves exactly jack sh1t? Can you?? Because that's what i wrote.
    And uh oh rn i have 50k and can make another 50k per week. But i'm just as fine as with 2k in the bags too. But again, this doesn't matter, what matters is the principle. Don't screw with ppl who make sacrifices to achieve what they have here!
    I mean,treating earning gold as some kind of achievment is usually for those who can't make much. You could've said Linen Cloth instead of gold and your "achievement's" worth would be the same. Gold is literally flowing out of vendors/mobs/quests,it doesn't take much to earn it at all.

How is the squish a "spit in your mouth" when it's super easy to end up with more gold than what you had before it? Wouldn't that make your "achievement" better? The only cause the squish somehow works is because 99% of the playerbase don't know how to take advantage of it.

4. no actually you are wrong because if they didn't do the squish to control inflation the prices would be so out of whack that gold would eventually be worthless. Inflation is already insane on icecrown even when prices are "normal". You think you've "made sacrifices" to make gold? do you think everyone else hasn't also made similar sacrifices? The gold squish punishes everyone equally by taking 50% so if you have 800g because you don't play a lot then you only lose 400g, if you have 1 million gold because you play a lot of bought a lot then you lose 500,000 gold, so you are right about that, it doesn't matter how much gold you or anyone else has.

If your are savy then you can take advantage of the squish just like he said. I know because I do this. I won't say how because the fewer people who know about it, the less competition for those of us in the know. As the other guy said it's been discussed in previous posts and you sound like such a smart person, I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out if you want to ;)
    you realise gold squish is only to make coin sales lol, when you cut peoples gold, theyll need gold to buy ****, so theyll resort to buying coins to buy gold, = making money. gold squish doesnt do anything in the game lol, all it does it makes the poor poorer and the rich richer, if you really think gold squish affects rich people; it doesnt. i can tell you they make a ****-ton of gold every ****ing squish xd.

5. The inactivity cleanup and gold squish will be conducted and completed on March 07, 2022.

6. you realise gold squish is only to make coin sales lol, when you cut peoples gold, theyll need gold to buy ****, so theyll resort to buying coins to buy gold, = making money. gold squish doesnt do anything in the game lol, all it does it makes the poor poorer and the rich richer, if you really think gold squish affects rich people; it doesnt. i can tell you they make a ****-ton of gold every ****ing squish xd.
    Well that is side effect.

The first squish had happened, because, the database was about to overflow.

For the past 5 years I've noticed people thriving AFTER the squish to make coins.
    And Buy AH mats /crafts (specially primos and flasks)

The weird part is, 90% of the gold will be spend @ NPCs BEFORE the squish itself.

7. Before the first gold squish crafted ICC legs went for 75K Gold I know because I used to sell them all the time, it was my main income of gold back then.
    A lot of people complained about how gauged prices was, yes you made a lot of gold from all kind of items cause everything was expensive but it was kind of ridiculous.
    Since trade was introduced it did also get rid of a lot of gold sellers (which I think was it's main purpose if I recall right )while also contribute to players and Warmane alike so just look at it as a win win that we have trade market at all, Only thing I noticed it a lot of people still don't know about it because not many people use forums or ever visit the homepage, and it's not posted on the homepage this year, to truly counter all the "player made" issues with people avoiding it would be to just squish without announcing it, that way it would keep the inflation off at couple of month's but I se a lot of players rage if they do so it's a touchy subject.

8. This message from Warmane stuff reminds me on hurricanes.
    They start warm and welcoming, but end up taking your money, name, houses.. :P
    You spelled "marriages" with so many errors... :D

9. After clean up primos will cost 300-400 gold in auction

10. you realise gold squish is only to make coin sales lol, when you cut peoples gold, theyll need gold to buy ****, so theyll resort to buying coins to buy gold, = making money. gold squish doesnt do anything in the game lol, all it does it makes the poor poorer and the rich richer, if you really think gold squish affects rich people; it doesnt. i can tell you they make a ****-ton of gold every ****ing squish xd.
    The reason why there are gold squish winners and losers is because the "winners" know how inflation and economics work and the "losers" don't. The "losers" react badly to the squish and the winners know how to take advantage of it. If everyone responded to the squish the same way then the "winners" wouldn't be able to take advantage of anyone and would not be making gold hand over fist because everyone would be using the same strategy.

Your response reeks of ignorance and you seem to be too closed minded and focused on Warmane being greedy to realize why the squish is necessary. Purchasing gold isn't required at all to succeed in the game, it's just a pay to win short cut for people who would rather buy gold than farm it.

The squish cuts everyone's gold balance in half and as a result after the squish the AH prices are roughly cut in half (in some cases more, in some cased less) the only prices that aren't affected are vendor prices. Primos on icecrown at 800g, last year after the squish they were 400g, if they go back down to 400g after the squish this time then they will essentially cost the same price before and after the squish. So if that were the case, if you have 8000g right now you could buy around 8 primos, after the squish you would only have 4000g but since the primos are half price then you can still buy 8 primos.

If there was no squish, AH prices would be insane (see Disktrasa's response from a few days ago "Before the first gold squish crafted ICC legs went for 75K Gold...") so at this point if there was never a squish we'd probably be seeing ICC legs selling for 500k, which at the current gold cap per character being just over 200k, would make it so you couldn't even see them on the AH because you wouldn't be able to collect the money from your mailbox because it won't let you extract gold if it'll go over the cap. If prices were that crazy, vendor prices wouldn't mean anything because you'd be able to buy your flying mount training for the price of a dream shard, the vendor prices might as well just be free at that point.

11. The reason why there are gold squish winners and losers is because the "winners" know how inflation and economics work and the "losers" don't. The "losers" react badly to the squish and the winners know how to take advantage of it. If everyone responded to the squish the same way then the "winners" wouldn't be able to take advantage of anyone and would not be making gold hand over fist because everyone would be using the same strategy.

Your response reeks of ignorance and you seem to be too closed minded and focused on Warmane being greedy to realize why the squish is necessary. Purchasing gold isn't required at all to succeed in the game, it's just a pay to win short cut for people who would rather buy gold than farm it.

The squish cuts everyone's gold balance in half and as a result after the squish the AH prices are roughly cut in half (in some cases more, in some cased less) the only prices that aren't affected are vendor prices. Primos on icecrown at 800g, last year after the squish they were 400g, if they go back down to 400g after the squish this time then they will essentially cost the same price before and after the squish. So if that were the case, if you have 8000g right now you could buy around 8 primos, after the squish you would only have 4000g but since the primos are half price then you can still buy 8 primos.

If there was no squish, AH prices would be insane (see Disktrasa's response from a few days ago "Before the first gold squish crafted ICC legs went for 75K Gold...") so at this point if there was never a squish we'd probably be seeing ICC legs selling for 500k, which at the current gold cap per character being just over 200k, would make it so you couldn't even see them on the AH because you wouldn't be able to collect the money from your mailbox because it won't let you extract gold if it'll go over the cap. If prices were that crazy, vendor prices wouldn't mean anything because you'd be able to buy your flying mount training for the price of a dream shard, the vendor prices might as well just be free at that point.
    I should add to this that gold that is gained organically from just playing the game (such as gold rewarded from quests or gold from selling things to vendors) would also be next to nothing if inflation would be allowed to run rampant. At this point you can still make a decent amount of money just by playing the game (questing, doing rdf) without having to focus on farming, but if inflation was crazy the only way that you could make decent gold would be by farming and selling things on the AH which a lot of people who play the game don't like having to do so it would ruin the game for a lot of people if the gold squish didn't happen to curb inflation.

this is how inflation works in real life too and why it is a bad thing. When the cost of goods goes up, companies raise their prices to cover that cost but most people's wages don't go up to keep up with inflation. in the case of warmane "wages" would be gold from quest rewards/vendor trash, the thing is if the quest rewards/vendor trash amounts went up then it would perpetuate more inflation.

Hopefully this helps people understand why the squish is necessary so they can stop being mad about it. I'm sure a lot of people will still choose to be ignorant though.

12. Before first squish I had to sell 1.5m gold to buy SM. After that one effective squish(accompanied with rate changes) I had to sell 300k. After next squish I had to sell 350k. This year it was around 500k.

So the "squish is working and necessary" seems quite a stretch to me. Squish forcing all the gold back into circulation, instead of effectively draining out(forgotten in vaults and inactive accounts) is a thing. Diminished trust in Gold. It could be easily argued that squish is way more negative disturbance compared to slow and steady inflation over time.

13. Before first squish I had to sell 1.5m gold to buy SM. After that one effective squish(accompanied with rate changes) I had to sell 300k. After next squish I had to sell 350k. This year it was around 500k.

So the "squish is working and necessary" seems quite a stretch to me. Squish forcing all the gold back into circulation, instead of effectively draining out(forgotten in vaults and inactive accounts) is a thing. Diminished trust in Gold. It could be easily argued that squish is way more negative disturbance compared to slow and steady inflation over time.
    way back on molten, when inflation was a real thing, you could see primos being sold for over 20k on ah on regular basis. of course, gold-to-coin was not a thing back then, but still, prices were so high gold was essentially worthless..

by removing a fixed ammount (50%) each year, warmane is making sure 2 things happen:

1st: gold is still a relevant currency (and thus you get a good idea of how much something is worth (for instance, if someone tryied to sell you a primo for 20k. would you buy it?))
    2nd: they make sure people can obtain mats for preety much everything by simply buying it on ah. of course, this can generate a monopoly on who's selling what (thats another topic to discuss). if a new player tryied to buy something on ah and the cheapest thing they found was 3500g, it would be impossible, and they would most likely be willing to move to another server.

lets face it. inflation is a thing. this server has been on the same expansion for years and it is expected that a large quantity of gold is generated. without any other good or reliable gold sinking methods, a gold squish seems like a decent answer to the problem.

PD: to whichever warmane staff member sees this first: i still want to see this thread posted on the "news" on the front page, since some people is still unaware of the squish coming up

14. PD: to whichever warmane staff member sees this first: i still want to see this thread posted on the "news" on the front page, since some people is still unaware of the squish coming up
    Proterean put it. :D

15. I love gold squish, it lets me sell items at inflated values to get 280/310% flight CHEAP kekw.

First 12345 ... Last