1. Decommissioning the realm or give options to transfer?

Any announcements on frostwolf future. Realm is so dead we want option to transfer characters to WoTlk

2. From what I have seen they keep working on it, so I assume they will eventually relaunch it.

3. MoP is basically their plan B for when WotLK Classic drops. If the population will take a big hit they'll drop a x1 MoP realm à la Lordaeron back in the day and focus on that.

Edit: Just to expand, this is the timeline you can expect:

End of 2022-Start of 2023: WotLK Classic launch. Big Hype. Probably a significant dip in population on Warmane--mainly Lordaeron and Frostmourne, I suspect Icecrown will stay extremely playable, maybe even "healthier" in terms of population. Anyway this won't last too long because 3.0 will be an absolute joke on Classic.

Some months or weeks before expect big teasers from Warmane and eventually the launch of a new x1 MoP realm either some time before the WotLK Classic launch or at a date that seems intelligent from a player retention PoV.

I expect the realm to be x1 and progressive (lvl 60, 70, 80, perhaps brief 85, then 90) to give the devs time to work on the lower level content--it's currently very lacking so it will be a lot of work. They will work their way up to SoO and, after around 2 years if I had to guess, they will either merge with Frostwolf or keep the x1-x7 division similar to Icecrown and Lordaeron currently. I think we can also expect an eventual seasonal MoP realm as well since it's a good business idea and MoP raid tiers are actually very good compared to WotLK.
    Edited: February 10, 2022 Reason: Struck by the ghost of Nostradamus.

4. MoP is basically their plan B for when WotLK Classic drops. If the population will take a big hit they'll drop a x1 MoP realm à la Lordaeron back in the day and focus on that.

Edit: Just to expand, this is the timeline you can expect:

End of 2022-Start of 2023: WotLK Classic launch. Big Hype. Probably a significant dip in population on Warmane--mainly Lordaeron and Frostmourne, I suspect Icecrown will stay extremely playable, maybe even "healthier" in terms of population. Anyway this won't last too long because 3.0 will be an absolute joke on Classic.

Some months or weeks before expect big teasers from Warmane and eventually the launch of a new x1 MoP realm either some time before the WotLK Classic launch or at a date that seems intelligent from a player retention PoV.

I expect the realm to be x1 and progressive (lvl 60, 70, 80, perhaps brief 85, then 90) to give the devs time to work on the lower level content--it's currently very lacking so it will be a lot of work. They will work their way up to SoO and, after around 2 years if I had to guess, they will either merge with Frostwolf or keep the x1-x7 division similar to Icecrown and Lordaeron currently. I think we can also expect an eventual seasonal MoP realm as well since it's a good business idea and MoP raid tiers are actually very good compared to WotLK.
    Don't get your hopes up in vain. MoP would need so much done from 0 in exchange for questionable player numbers that its not gonna happen. It's just too much work when there's constant work with wrath as well.

To give you an idea,why do you think vanilla/tbc/wrath are the most scripted expansions and not cata or later? That's because they have immense time and work invested into them over the years,meanwhile anything after them requires massive work due to no repositories,no work done by others,everything has to be done by hand from nothing. Cata and later are empty shells,that's why almost all of them don't have basic things done like questing properly,thus all the autocomplete quests found almost everywhere. Meanwhile you can practically grab say a wrath core with decent work done in no time at all and get your own server up and running,while having decent quality. That's why you see pre-cata everywhere and not the later expansions. And this is just the technical side,without taking popularity into account.

5. I liked MoP. I quit because I got tired of losing in premade BGs with my entry level gear. If there is anyone here who did premade battlegrounds in a half dead server, congratulations.