1. Do top Fury warriors use heroic strike in BT and WW macros? 3 questions for vets

1. I'm seeing conflicting sides on some of the Fury Warrior Rotation guides on the forum. Some say that we should never put Heroic Strike casts in BT and WW macros, but others say that the damage increase is worth it. I tried both and I'm a bit conflicted. I can see that heroic strike queued with BT and WW does increase DPS at times but it also rage starves me (currently 4k GS). When I am rage starved, it lowers my DPS obviously. So sometimes good but sometimes bad.

2. I also see people using cast sequence macros for BT and WW, that's ok?

I tried playing purely without macros, and it was a DPS loss (not cuz I dont know the rotation priority, but because the macros are faster).

3. My last question is about Free GCDs between BT, WW, Slam procs, and heroic strike when rage above 50. When BT, WW, Slam are all on CD and rage is below 50, I don't know what to do. Do I just wait until I get more rage or BT comes back up? I've been sundering during these times but that's a DPS loss i think. What am I supposed to use? I use Heroic Throw of course, but what else? Rend? I heard that I shouldn't use rend.

Thank you!

2. 1. some people have HS on a seperate key that is constantly spammed, putting it in a macro a long with BT / WW & Slam makes it much smoother to play warrior if you are a beginner.

2. Yes, optional, i personally prefer having more buttons to press, depends how lazy you are and how much control you want over your skill usage. In general you won't hit more than 4-5 buttons in your dps rotation.

3. Sunder armour if you have a free gcd and you don't have a slam proc waiting, demo shout is also good gcd usage where adds are abundant like Lk.

3. 1. some people have HS on a seperate key that is constantly spammed, putting it in a macro a long with BT / WW & Slam makes it much smoother to play warrior if you are a beginner.

2. Yes, optional, i personally prefer having more buttons to press, depends how lazy you are and how much control you want over your skill usage. In general you won't hit more than 4-5 buttons in your dps rotation.

3. Sunder armour if you have a free gcd and you don't have a slam proc waiting, demo shout is also good gcd usage where adds are abundant like Lk.
    thank you very much! very helpful!

4. Do these macros work or will I lose DPS?

5. Do these macros work or will I lose DPS?
    They do work but especially when you are low geared you'll rage starve a lot with these macros.

6. They do work but especially when you are low geared you'll rage starve a lot with these macros.
    100%. I can't use the macro at the moment because I rage starve quite a bit.

7. As Black2ck said.. dont use HS macro if you are low geared.
    i have HS added to WW & BT. i also have HS + Sunder key.. so you dont have those " blank spots " in your rotation. You can also make BT+Sunder.
    OR make Cleave+WW for better AOE. there are different combinations out there. depends on what you like.

8. Depends on your gear im bis so im never ranged starved so i have them macroed, when i was gearing i used hs or cleave at around 40 to 50 rage

9. If you are low geared. dont use HS macro. your rage will go down fast you wont even know.
    i use a few macros.
    1) HS+Sunder.. so i dont get those " blank spots " and sunder is used as much as possible. - you can remove it if you are BiS and if your guild has a sunder bot low geared warr :P . But i feel every warrior can do atleast 2-3 sunders no matter the gear. lot of people might disagree .
    2) WW+Cleave . bit obvious there.
    3) /stopcasting on slam. so that it doesn't work if you dont have proc.
    WW & BT have HS added to them already.
    and the obvious equip / unequip for Lady - I know DBM can do it. but i rather trust myself than the addon.

10. June 1, 2022  
    alright so this is a very similar post in the warrior section in the forums that was asking for warrior macros
    personally , with a 100+days on my warr i can confidently tell u that you dont need macros or atleast you can use non rotation macros

mainly, your class is a 4 button rotation class , i have even seen couple of macros going around for 1 button rotation and its not really necessary because when the situation changes and its not a fight where u are standing still or something slightly changes

so to answer your questions

1-:- mixing HS in a macro with BT or WW is not a bad idea BUT when you use cleave for example your HS will be stopped and vice versa so in order for this to work you will have to probably double the amount of macros that you will have to use instead of using a 4 button set on your action bar or if you were to even use a HS+BT/WW macros

2-:- that macro idea its not bad but what you would usually do is 1 WW followed by 2 BT or some times you can even sneak in a 3ed BT if you want

3-:- when it comes to the free time between your rotation i would recommend getting used to droping sunders for raids ( just one or 2 or it will cause a GCD for the next BT or next WW ) and when you go through your rotation couple of times you will have 5 sunders on the boss already and rebuffing stuff like your shouts and and demo shout .
    and when it comes to rage with gear rage will become a thing of the past and you will forget about it so with full icc gear you will never notice any rage related problems
    Edited: June 1, 2022

11. Fury War is braindead simple:
    1). Macro Heroic Strike to ur abilities, having a seperate button for HS makes 0 sense unless you want to cleave, and at that point just use a WW + Cleave macro
    2). If pug, WW -> BT -> Sunder until BT -> Sunder until WW -> BT -> Sunder again
    3). If guild run, Sunder x5 -> WW -> BT -> BT -> Repeat, sunder between CDs,
    4). Complicated raid + ostance swap to combat and pop shattering throw for 20% armor reduction and swap back consumes 2 GCDs and takes roughly 3 seconds. Best to use after WW and BT so BT is available then WW immediately after, giving 2 WW and 4 BT while Shattering is applied.